Ch 27

Melanie's Point of View

Jackie and I are currently waiting with the rest of the concert goers for the opening band to do their set so Paramore could come out. I thought it was a little amusing to see Jackie a little stressed out thing that we were not going to get to the concert on time. Apart form stressing I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was vetting a little frustrated as well. But soon that changed when we didn't have to wait and when she saw where we would be standing during the show. Her eyes just lit up, I wonder how she's going to react to the surprise I have for her. She would probably freak out a bit but all in all love it, I know I would feel the same.

About 10 minutes after 7pm the opening band came out on stage to do their set. I really didn't know who they were, apparently I wasn't the only one, Jackie didn't know them either. The band was good, they did their set and as the crew was clearing the bands stuff. When they were setting up for Paramore I took a quick glance at Jackie and saw a huge smile on her face. You could tell she was anxious for them to come out and perform. I think she looks absolutely adorable, since I have known her this is the most anxious I have seen her. As the crew finished setting up and did their sound check the venue became dark, and you where able to see figures walking out on stage. I take a glance at Jackie and she has a huge grin on her face.

Once the figures finished walking on stage the guitar rift began to spread through the speakers and the drums joined in. People began to cheer as the band we all came to see was starting their set. As the lights came on you where able to see Taylor and Jeramy, the two other members that make up Paramore accompanied by two other people that are not in the band but play with them in the backgrounds. In the middle of the stage was just Hayley's mic stand. Then a few seconds into the music Hayley came out on stage and the crowed cheered even louder than before. I know Jackie did because she practically yelled in my ear, even though the speakers are loud I was still able to hear her.

Jackie was jumping up and down, bobbing her head and as soon as Hayley began to open her mouth to sing Jackie did the same. Jackie sang along with Hayley not messing up any lyric, and singing along. She never missed a beat, she was never to ahead or behind Hayley. It was as if Jackie was in sync with Hayley, and although Hayley's voice was louder seeing as how her voice was coming through the speakers I could still hear Jackie's amazing voice. Although its rear when Jackie actually sings loud enough for one to hear I always get memorized by her voice. I honestly don't know why she doesn't sing or play her guitar often she's really good at it, and it makes her look sexier.

When Paramore performed Misery Business half way through the song Hayley stopped singing but the band kept playing. Then Hayley began to address the crowed "Is there any good singers in San Francisco?" when she said that everyone got louder and started to cheer. Hayley began to look out into the crowed and asked the house for a little bit of light. Hayley finally pointed out a person in the crowed "How about you in the with the red hair" I guess the person she pointed out to asked if it was her she was talking to and Hayley confirmed it was her. Once the girl got on stage she asked the girl for her name and asked her if she knew the song, she gave the girl one of her infamous microphones that is either taped up in all yellow, red, or both.

Hayley asked the crowed to give it up for the girl and everyone cheered her on. As soon as Hayley counted down the girl started singing where the song left off. Hayley joined in and sang along with the girl, as they were performing Jackie leaned in and had to scream so I could hear what she was gonna say. "I really wanted to go up there" when she said that she gave me a sad smile. I smiled at her "I know you have alway wanted to be chosen, who knows maybe you will get a chance to sing with Hayley." Jackie gave me a weak smile and shrugged her shoulders "Maybe, not today though seeing as how that girl is up there, and I think this is the last song" I gave Jackie a smile "You never know" Jackie shrugged her shoulders again and focused her attention back on stage.