Ch 26

Last night was Melanie's birthday party and I know she had fun, especially when her dad apologized for how he acted. On Friday I drove down to Santa Cruz to talk to Mr. Wilson to try and talk to him. I tried to talk some sense into him and hopefully that was what made him open his eyes and join his daughter for her birthday party. I hate to keep things from Melanie but me going to talk to her dad is something I want to keep from her. The main reason I don't want her to know is because I don't know of what I said to him helped or not. Also because I told her to give him space and then I go and have a little chat with him, that's kinda doing the opposite of my advice. Which I mainly did because I saw how it affected her dad not speaking to her and I can't be having the love of my life hurting.

I felt Melanie shifting in the bed as she reached the side table to turn of her alarm. I have been up for the last 10 min or so just thinking of last night and Friday. Once Melanie turned off the alarm the turned to face me and I guess she was shocked that I was already awake. She gave me a huge smile before leaning down and placed a kiss on my lips. As we broke from the kiss Melanie still had a hug smile in her face "Morning baby, have you been up long?" I just had the urge to have my lips on her again, so I gave her a quick peck "Not long" I pulled her on top of me and hugged her tightly "Happy Birthday old lady"

Melanie's jaw dropped and hit my shoulder "I'm not an old lady, I'm still just two years older than you" I began to chuckle "Exactly which is why your an old lady, your older than me" Melanie just glared at me and I quickly tried to make her smile, after all I was just playing around. "Babe I'm just playing around your not old" I begin to place kisses on her neck "You are the sexiest person have laid my eyes on" Melanie began to smile I just had to mess with her one last time I couldn't help it "Well except for Kate Beckensale and Hayley Williams" obviously she knew I was just messing with her. She just smiled and began to laugh then placed a kiss on my lips "That's ok, frankly I find Megan Fox and Olivia Wilde sexier than you?"

I know she was just getting back at me so I just went along with it. "Well how could anybody compete against them they are fucking hot" I let out a smile which caused her to smile as well. Melanie leaned in close to me I thought she was gonna kiss me but she stopped a few inches from my lips "Hurry up and get ready we have to leave in a bit" I looked at her confused "Babe I thought it was just a tradition between you and your family" she looked me in the eyes so intensely "Yeah, but now your in my life and I want to include you in it" I was touched by what she had said but I didn't want to impose.

"Babe I love that you want to include me, but I don't want to impose on your family time, besides I have to clean the mess from last night" Melanie gave me a pouting face that made her look so adorable, and she knows I can't say no to her but I have to be strong and say no. I shook my head no and she pouted her lips more. I tried to avert my eyes from her, I was succeeding until she spoke "Baby its my Birthday you have to do what I want" she was right it was her birthday and I want to make sure that she gets what she wants. Yes I know I'm just spoiling her by doing that but what can I say other than she's the love of my life.

Melanie looked me in the eyes then smiled, leaned in and gave me a kiss. "Hurry we are gonna be late, you wouldn't want to get on my moms bad side. She hates when we are late once a specific time is set" dammit my eyes gave it away that I was gonna go. As I slowly start getting up from the bed I look at Melanie "I don't think your mom would be mad at me, she likes me I call her by her name" Melanie starts to chuckle "Yeah, well she loves my dad and she gets mad at him when he's late I don't think your an exception" she is right if she gets mad at her husband how am I any different. I wouldn't want Cindy hopefully my future mother-in-law to be mad at me for being late or thinking I'm a fluke.

I got ready fast, I threw on a pair of skinnies, a band tee and to be more specific a Paramore tee with Hayley's face on it. I wonder if Melanie will say anything on my choice of shirt. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. When I was done I slipped on a pair of flats, ran a brush through my hair, put on some eyeliner and some orange lipstick to match the color of Hayley's hair on the shirt. When I looked at Melanie she looked sexy as hell, she wore a sundress and paired it with some flip flops with simple makeup and she wore her hair in a lose braid with loose hair strands. I locked eyes with her beautiful blue eyes and smiled "You look beautiful like always"