Ch 22

It has been a little over a month that Melanie and Alex have been working on Tania's house, and let me just say that it's weird. Having my girlfriend working for my ex doesn't mix well, especially when my girlfriend thinks that my ex still has feelings for me. I have told Melanie that she has nothing to worry about on my part because honestly to me she's the only person that I'm attracted to. I could see myself having a future with her, for use to grow old together which is something I have never felt with anybody. Tania and I dated for three years and she never made me feel that way, which is one of the main reasons why I broke up with her. Also given the fact that she was to jealous, tried to be controlling, and towards the end of the relationship to clingy. Don't get me wrong Tania is a great girl and I have no regrets dating her its just that as you get older things change and you both want different things in life.

Tomorrow is valentines day and so far I have gotten Melanie a stuffed animal, I'm going to make her chocolate covered strawberries, I'm making a romantic dinner instead of going out to a restaurant. I already ordered a dozen red roses, I feel like I need to get her something else and plan to do something romantic. This is one of the reasons why I really could care less about valentines day, it makes it seem that if you don't get something for your significant other the you don't love or care for them. I honestly don't believe that there is one particular day of the year when you have to show how much you care for that person it should be shown everyday. Regardless of what I think here I am trying to figure what else I should do.

After about an hour of thinking what else I should do I decided to have dinner outside on the roof since we occasionally use it as a patio, and have a candle lit dinner. Then I remembered her saying how she loved the Polaroid cameras so I remembered that I went to school with a guy that liked taking pictures with those cameras. I tracked him down and was happy to find out that he actually had a collection of Polaroid cameras and boxes of the film. Apparently when he found out that the company was going out of business he bought cameras and boxes of film off them. I convinced him to let me buy a camera and a couple of boxes of film off him. At first he was reluctant but once I explained that it was for my girlfriends valentine gift and how I didn't want her to be mad at me for not getting her anything he agreed. I don't know if he was serious or playing around when he told me it was going to be $600 for the things but to show how much I appreciated his help I gave him $200 bucks more.

I honestly would have paid more if I had to because it was for Melanie, whatever it cost to make her happy and I could give it to her I would. I know I sound like a rich snob but I'm not, I work for the money I have and it's no hand out from my dad. When I was in high school I got a job at the mall during the weekend and during the week I would help out around my dads office. The money I would get from that I would save it and it began to accumulate. I'm not the type to flaunt the I have money, I like to stay humble and grounded like my parents. By the time I got home Melanie was home so I couldn't take down the gift so I left it in the car. The good thing was that the sun was beginning to set and the film was in the trunk otherwise the film could have gotten damaged. When I walked in to the house I was immediately hit by a delicious smell. I figured the only place that would be coming from was the kitchen.

As I walked in the kitchen my eye darted to Melanie without paying attention to anything else. "Honey I'm home" Melanie was leaning against the counter with a glass of wine in hand, and didn't look all that happy. As soon as she saw me though she gave me a huge smile and I knew it was genuine because its easy to tell when she's forcing a smile. I walk to her and pull her by the waist towards me and give her a nice passionate kiss. Our tongues are dancing together beautifully my eyes were closed concentrating on the kiss when I hear a voice I wasn't expecting to hear. "Are they always like this?" it was Tania's voice, what the hell is she doing here? I broke the kiss but kept my arms wrapped around Melanie's waist. I turn my head to where I heard Tania's voice come from and give her a questioning look. "What are you doing here?" She gives me a weak smile "Well its nice seeing you too" Tania said it in a sarcastic tone.