Ch 14

Melanie's Point Of View

Jackie seemed to be nervous when we got to my parents. I told her that she had nothing to worry about and she seemed to relax a bit. She ended up fully relaxing after she met my brother and parents. It seemed that she really hit it off with them, which in turn made me happy to know the the people I love like the person I'm starting to fall in love with. It seemed like the girls were having fun talking with my parents and among each other. I walk over to my mom who is currently talking with Jackie, so that I could know what they are talking about and be closer to Jackie. I give my mom a side hug and look between her and Jackie "So what are you guys talking about?" My mom turned to me "Oh well I was asking Jackie, how often she visits her parents. She was telling me that since they live in Southern California they go or try to go every two weeks." the memory of the first time I went with them lead to Jackie telling me how she felt about me. I smiled "Yeah I've been with them a couple of times, her family is really nice." Jackie gave me a smile "Well you practically became family, with you being Alex's co-worker, and our friend." I know it's mainly because her and I are together but she wasn't going to tell that to my mom. My mom smiled at Jackie "Well that's nice."

Next thing we hear my dad calling my mom, she turns to Jackie and gives her an apologetic smile "I'm sorry we will continue talking later, if I don't help John then he will most likely burn the food." Jackie chuckled "It's cool I understand." with than my mom left and it was just Jackie and I standing there "So you having fun talking to my mom." she gave me a warm smile "Yeah, I like your mom she's cool, and charming just like you?" that made me blush "Well I'm glad you think so." she smirked at me "Well there are many other things I think about you." now I knew she was trying to make me blush on purpose. Before I said anything Jess and Eric were at our side. Jess gave me a smile "What are you two talking about?" Jackie looked to her "Nothing, I was telling Melanie that her mom is cool." Jess smirked at both of us "Hmm sure, anyways I'm going to borrow Melanie, you could hang out with Eric." with that she grabbed my hand and dragged me away.

We sat down on a bench away from people. "So are you going to tell your parents?" I gave her a did you really drag me here to ask that "No, I'm not going to say anything until I'm ready." she lifted a brow "Is Jackie ok with it?" I remembered what Jackie had said that she was fine with it any wouldn't force me to do something I wasn't ready for. I smiled "Yeah she's fine with it." Jess seemed to like the response "Good, just don't take to long to tell your parents, you wouldn't want Jackie to get fed up with you not being out to your parents and have to hide your relationship." I never really thought about fucking Jess for putting that in my head. "Gee Jess thanks for putting that in my head." she gave me an apologetic look "I'm sorry, but you have to admit I could be possible." I had to admit she was right. I let out a loud sigh "Your right, its just something I didn't want to think about." She put a hand on mine "Don't stress about it. So everything going good between you two?" I smiled just thinking about how things have been between us "Yeah everything is great, if I'm being completely honest with you I'm beginning to fall for her." it's true I have never fallen in love with any other guy I have dated this quick. Then again Jackie isn't a guy but a girl, and I have been drawn to her since the moment I laid eyes on her.

"Really?" I look at Jess "Yes really, every time I look at her I can't help but smile, when she holds my hand or with a simple touch I feel my heart pick up, when we kiss I feel a bunch of butterfly's in my stomach." Jess chuckled "I don't think your falling I think you are." could she be right, of course she is its just to soon to say it to Jackie, I don't want to freak her out, then make things weird between us. I looked to Jess "Don't tell anyone, I don't want other people to know before she does, especially the girls." she lifted her hands up in defense "Don't worry I won't say anything to anybody." I narrowed my eyes at her "You better." then she began smiling at me "So have you guys..... you know?" I don't know why I blushed knowing we haven't but just the thought of us doing it made me blush. "No, now stop asking personal questions." she started laughing then changed the subject about the wedding. She was telling me about her looking at some bride maids dresses she liked. After a while we joined the rest of the people.

As we made our way back to the group I noticed Alex and my brother Oliver being a bit flirtatious towards each other. Maddie, Emma, Jackie, and Eric were talking to each other. I walked up to Jackie to whisper in her ear "Looks like someone is getting along well." she gave me a curious look and I tilted my head towards Alex and Oliver. She furrowed her brows "Is your brother even single that he's flirting with my sister?" at that point the only thing I could think was how hot she looked being over protective, like yesterday at the party when she threatened Josh. I smiled "Yes, he's single he wouldn't be hitting on a girl if he wasn't. Besides if he was dating don't you think his girlfriend would be here, just like you are here with me." her face expression softened "Well officially that people know we are together No. But between you and I the ones in this relationship than yes I am here as your girlfriend." I couldn't help but give her a hug, I had to restrain from kissing her. Note to self have a long make out session with Jackie.

We stayed at my parents until about 7pm because we had an hour and 20 min ride back to San Fran. We were saying our goodbyes before I pulled out of a hug from my mom she asked a question that didn't make sense I mean its a question a mother asks a child "Are you happy?" I gave her a whats with the question but I answered the question truthfully, I pulled away and looked into her light blue eyes "Mom of course I'm happy, I think this is the happiest I think I've been." she caressed my cheek "I'm glad, don't forget to call during the week. Now go on you don't want to keep your friends waiting." with that I was off walking to the car. On the whole ride back the girls were talking about the day while I was holding Jackie's hand. Every now and then Jackie would take a quick glance at me and would smile even wider. I was off into my own little world thinking about Jackie and I.

Then Maddie caught my attention "So Alex what's up with Melanie's brother, I saw how close you two seemed to get." I turned in my seat to give this topic my undivided attention "I don't know what you are talking about." Emma started laughing before speaking "Bullshit I think we all saw it, and don't act like her brother isn't good looking because we all know he is right Jackie." when she asked Jackie I turned to Jackie "He is good looking, but with a sister like his what would you expect. Quite honestly he has nothing on his sister." she made me blush "Awe thanks baby." she took a quick glance at me "What it's the truth." I heard someone clear their throat in the back seat it was Emma "As I was saying you might as well spill it." Alex rolled her eyes "There is nothing to spill, yeah Oliver is handsome but nothing happened. We were just talking getting to know each other. I will admit we did flirt a bit but that's about it." Maddie smirked "I get it, what Alex is trying to say is that if they possibly see each other again it's quite possible the would hit it and quit it."

Emma started laughing while Alex told them to fuck off. It would honestly be cool if Alex and Oliver dated, then I wouldn't have to go through getting to know his girlfriend because I already know her, and I'm dating her sister. Then I realize it would be weird if they did date but break up, and Alex is my friend how weird would things be between us, not only is she my friend but my co-worker. Shit I had never taken into consideration how Alex felt about Jackie and I dating. Damn I'm such a horrible friend, I know it's to late to ask but I need to know if she's ok with Jackie and I dating. I decided that I would ask Alex at work tomorrow were it could just be us and none of the girls would hear. It took us about an hour to get home, I turned to Jackie "Why did you get us here 20 min faster, but then to get us there it took you 30 min longer then you did right now." she leaned over and gave me a kiss "Because I was nervous and I was driving a little slow, but now that I wasn't I drove at the regular speed I tend to drive." I rose a brow "Which is?" she smiled "80-85 mph" I looked her in the eyes "You know you shouldn't be speeding its dangerous." she began to caress my cheek "I know babe, but its just how I'm used to driving. I promise to try and lower it a bit when I'm on the freeway."

We stayed in the car while the girls went inside the house. We made out for like ten minutes before we pulled away. I was curious to know what Jackie thought if Alex and Oliver happen to date "Baby how would you feel if Alex and Oliver dated?" she shrugged her shoulders "I guess I'd be cool with it, if it truly made Alex happy I don't see the problem in it." I was taken back by her answer given she's protective of the people she loves. "Do you think it would be awkward if they dated and broke up and you and I were still together. She shook her head "No, why would it be awkward. It would only be awkward if one makes it. I know if we happened to break up, Alex would still treat you the same along with the girls, hell even I would, granted I would go back to treating you as a friend." it's a good thing that she wouldn't find it awkward, but then it hit me she said if we break up. I looked at her worry on my face "So wait you think there are chances we could break up." she shook her head "Baby I don't think that, well at least on my part I don't ever see me breaking things off with you. It was just a what if " I'm glad she didn't see us breaking up, could she possibly see a future with me? I sure hope so.

After that we went inside the house. I stayed for a few minutes before calling it a day and going home. That night I went to bed thinking about the day. There was two things playing in my head one being how did Alex truly feels about Jackie and I. The other being what did my mom mean by her question, it seemed kinda cryptic. It seemed like she knew something but didn't want to just come out and ask what she wanted to know so she asked indirectly. Oh well I guess I will wait for her to ask me the question straight up.

The next day at work during lunch I asked Alex. "Alex I know I'm a month late on asking you this but how do you truly feel about Jackie and I dating?" She gave me a curious look "I'm happy about it, because I know that you make her happy. Why the question?" I played with my food a bit "I don't know I guess because I didn't bother asking you how you felt about it, and then things being weird between us if Jackie and I were ever to break up." she arched her brow "So you basically wanted to know how we would stand if you two were to break up?" I shook my head yes not even bothering to speak. Alex let out a chuckle "Melanie you don't have to worry about that, if that were to happen you and me would be just how we are now friends. Trust me you are not the first friend Jackie has dated." I gave Alex a smile "I'm glad, and by any means don't think I'm planning on breaking up with your sister anytime soon, because I'm not." she gave me a duh look "I know, I could tell both of you are really into each other." After that we just talked about work or the BBQ. I didn't want to ask her anything about her and Oliver. I figured if it was something she wanted me or the girls to know she would have talked about it.

The rest if the week went fine, yesterday was Halloween so we passed out candy and watched horror movies. Today is Friday and when I get out of work I have to get clothes for the weekend, for the past three weeks I've been staying with Jackie. Yesterday she told me that she was going to have lunch with her ex today. In most cases the current girlfriend would be jealous, that the person that are dating is meeting up with a ex to have lunch. I'm simply not jealous of her ex, because I trust her and I know she will never do anything to hurt me. The only thing that I'm jealous about is the fact that this whole time that Jackie and I have dated she has never had lunch with me, I always end up having lunch with Alex. Today during lunch Alex reminded me that this weekend was when we were driving down to their parents. The two times I have gone with them we have gone on plane. Alex said that Jackie felt like driving down, and take a break from flying. This would be the first road trip that I take with Jackie and the girls and I wonder how its going to be.

When Jackie got to the cafe she was meeting her ex Brian she sent me a text that she was there waiting for him and that if I had lunch already. I told her that Alex and I were going to lunch in about 10 min or so. Today we are not working at the office but at a job site. Then the next text I got from Jackie surprised me, she asked if Alex and I would like to join then for lunch. I thought about it, then I asked Alex if she wanted to join them. She asked me if I was ok with it and I told her I was, so we ended on our way to meet Jackie and her ex for lunch. We were not far from the cafe so we decided to walk. It took us about five minutes to get to the cafe. When we walked in I immediately saw Jackie, Brian's back was facing us. As soon as our eyes looked a huge smile spread across her face and she waved us over. When we reached the table I was immediately embraced by a hug and kiss from Jackie. While Jackie was saying her hello's to me Alex was giving a hug to Brian and saying hello. When they pulled apart Jackie introduced me to Brian "Brian I would like you to meet my wonderful girlfriend Melanie." I looked at Brian, he was definitely attractive. Tall, handsome, fit, great smile, he had a beard, dressed in a plain white v-neck, black skinny jeans, black converse, and what I know to be Jackie's favorite green eyes.

Brian gave me a huge smile and extended his hand to me, I took it and shook it "Its a pleasure to meet the girl that has Jackie head over heels." I blushed "Its nice to meet you." we all sat down and ordered our food, since Jackie and Brian waited for us to order. Conversations seemed endless, throughout lunch there was never a moment of silence. I learned that Brian is a graphic designer, Jackie and him had met in school at the Art Institute and started as friends before they even began dating, just like Jackie he's a big Giants fan. I noticed that he was sarcastic and funny, just like Jackie. I thought to myself they are so much alike I wonder why she broke up with him, then got happy that she did break up with him, otherwise we wouldn't be together. Every once in a while Jackie would rub my thigh under the table, but she made sure to never get too close to my inner thigh. A huge part of me wished that she would but then, a small part told me that its not a good idea considering we were in public. Overall lunch was fun, Jackie was so affectionate and getting to know Brian was good, seeing as Jackie and him are going to hang out for lunch once a week. When we were leaving the cafe Jackie insisted on driving us back to the job site.

Once we got there Alex got out of the car and left me with Jackie. She turned in her seat to face me "So what did you think of Brian? Are you still ok with me having lunch with him once a week?" I smiled "Of course I am, it seems like he's your best guy friend and not your ex. Besides even if I didn't like him I wouldn't ask you not to see him, because it looks like you want his friendship." she smiled and pulled me in for a kiss. When we pulled apart she smiled "So do you have everything ready for today?" I gave her an apologetic smile "No I honestly forgot we were going to your parents this weekend, but I promise I will pack as soon as I get home and be ready by the time we leave." she leaned in and gave me another kiss. She mumbled against my lips "It's ok." When we pulled apart she smiled "I hope you don't get tired of seeing me this whole weekend because its going to be an seven hour drive." I giggled "Baby I don't think I could ever get tired of seeing you." She chuckled "We will see by the end if this weekend." I looked at the time "Oh baby I got to go I'll see you later." I gave her a peck on the lips and started getting out of the car. I closed the door and before I walked away she put down the window "We will be outside your apartment building by 6pm." I leans into the car "Ok I'll be waiting." with that I went back to work.

When I got out of work it was already 4pm which meant I had two hours to get home, change, and pack. I figured to just pack a few blouses, skinny's, flip flops, and flats. I changed into some workout clothes a loose tank top, some yoga pants and sneakers. By the time I was done it was twenty till 6. Next thing I know my phone is ringing and its Emma calling to say they are on the way. Only ten minutes pass when there is a knock on my door and as I open it I'm being greeted by Jackie pulling me by the waist and giving me a kiss. When we pulled away she looked me up and down then a huge smirk appeared on her face "You look so fucking hot even when your not trying." I blushed "Well thank you baby are you going to stop eye raping me so we could head out?" she started laughing, grabbed my bag "Ok now we could leave." I looked up and we were off. Jackie asked us if we were hungry or if we could stop until Fresno to eat. We all said we would wait and she reminded us that it was practically 3hrs until we stopped for food. Maddie said she packed some snacks so we should be fine. The whole way until Fresno we were talking with the radio as background music. We stopped to eat at Jack in the Box, and made sure we took care of our business because Jackie said she wasn't going to stop until we were there.

By midnight all the girls fell asleep except me I wanted to stay awake, to make sure Jackie didn't get sleepy. The whole time I was rubbing circles on her hand. We would occasionally talk or just listen to the music on her iPod. She had all types of music from rock to some country, and Spanish music. She would sing along to most of the music, and if that song had rapping or was a rap song she would rap along which I thought was cute. It was around 1 o'clock when I saw a bunch of city lights. She told me we were passing LA and should besetting home in either an hour or forty five minutes depending on traffic. By the time we were reaching Rancho Cucamonga it was 1:30 and had me wake up the girls because it was ten minutes until we got home with the way Jackie drives. We dropped Maddie off first then Emma, by the time we were parking outside her parents house it was 2:10. Jackie got both our bags while Alex got her bag and when to open the door. When we went inside Jackie and Alex went to knock on their parents door to let them know we had arrived. Alex said goodnight and went to her room. Jackie walked into her room and dropped the bags on the floor by the closet. I was so tired I just wanted to lie down. "Ugh baby I don't even feel like going through my bag to get pjs." Jackie is taking off her shoes "Well then don't just sleep in braw and underwear like me, I'm sorry but I'm just as lazy to look for something to wear." by the time she finished saying that her pants were off and in the process of taking her shirt off. I just shrugged my shoulders and said fuck it and began taking off my clothes. By the time I was done Jackie was already under the covers waiting for me to jump in. As soon as I lied down I scooted closer to Jackie and I felt her arm wrap around my waist. We said our goodnights and fell asleep.

We slept in until about eleven, and I didn't want to get up. It felt so good just lying in bed half naked with Jackie. We changed and went downstairs to find her mom making us something to eat. Jackie walks over to her mom and gives her a kiss on the cheek. I walk over to her mom to say good morning but her mom pulls me into a hug. She told us to sit down on the bar stools. Jackie looks at her mom "Where is Janet and Dad?" her mom set down two plates with sandwiches and chips. "Your father went to the store to pick up things for later, we are having a carne asada (Apart from being a meat it is occasionally used by hispanics to describe a BBQ), and Alex went to visit Isabelle and the baby. Jackie lifted her brow "What car did she take?" her mom thought about it for a second "She took your car, don't worry she didn't take your baby, she just took your second baby." I stared giggling and turned to Jackie "So your Cruz is your second baby." she chuckled "Yes, I love my cars." I rolled my eyes and began to eat. Her mom looks between both of us "So you girls went to a party this weekend that passed?" Jackie rose a brow "Mom if you know why are you asking. How did you find out anyways?" her mom shrugged her shoulders "Facebook, I saw the pictures you and Alex posted and you guys looked adorable." Jackie shook her head and changed the subject "So who is coming to the carne asada?" her mom started washing the dishes she dirtied "Um your brother and sister, Uncles and aunts, some cousins, oh yeah also tu mama Aurora." as soon as her mom said the last part Jackie let out a frustrated grunt.

"Really? why does she even have to come?" Jackie sounded like a whiney little kid. Her mom pointed a finger at Jackie "Don't let your father hear you complaining, then he's going to get mad." Jackie rolled her eyes "Ugh you know I never say anything in front of him, besides he knows I'm not really fond of her." her mom finished washing dishes and looked at Jackie "Just behave and be nice." then she looked at me "Melanie please make sure she behaves." I smile at her "I'll make sure she does." her mom gave me a smile "Good know if you two will excuse me I need to make sure the guest bathroom is super clean you know how your grandmother is." with that she was off. The first time I came I met some of her relatives but not her grandma I wonder if this is the one that cooks good. Jackie turns to me "By the way my mama Aurora is my grandma from my dads side, she tends to offend, and I don't necessarily like her much." I furrowed my brows at her "Why don't you like her?"

She took a deep breath then let it out. "Where should I begin, When I my mom was pregnant from me she began to have kidney problems and the doctor to my mom that there was a possibility that I wasn't going to come out healthy, that there was a chance I would be a special needs child. So she would nag my mom to have an abortion, but my mom kept telling her that she was keeping me regardless. She would make my mom cry and my dad never told her anything because its his mom." when she said that I thought what kind of a grandmother would do that. "So my mom had me despite my grandma being against it. When I was born the doctors had to take out some fluid, I'm not sure what it was. The doctors told my mom that my kidneys were a bit smaller than normal but other than that I was perfectly fine. My dad felt bad about the things my grandma said that he would spoil my mom and I. Then when I was about 10 I found out that my grandma told my dad that she regretted giving birth to him. That pissed me off what kind of mother says that to her children." Jackie seemed mad just talking about her.

"When I came out to my whole family it was when I was dating Erica, my parents had known for two years and were fine with it, we just didn't find the need to let the rest of the family know until I was with a girl. We were having a BBQ like today and I invited Erica, we were together for about a month at the time. I introduced her as my girlfriend some of my family were fine with it immediately others took time to get used to it. Erica went inside to use the restroom and thats when my grandma ambushed Erica telling her that she was a sinner, and other shit in Spanish and when Erica went to sit with me noticed her eyes were watery. I asked her what was wrong, at first she didn't want to tell me but then gave in. Alex heard what Erica was telling me and she went to tell my mom. I got up pissed and was making my way to go off on my grandma when my mom stopped me. She told me that she was going to take care if it, to just go back, sit down and don't make a scene. My mom told my dad and before my grandma left both my mom and dad confronted her, told her that they we perfectly fine with my sexuality and if she didn't like i, it would be best if she didn't come around. Her being the manipulative person she is, she apologized to my parents and said it would never happen again. When we would go to parties I would take Erica with me and my grandma would always be cold and distant and give us dirty looks. After a year dating Erica and I broke up and three weeks later I was dating a guy and my grandma was happy. She would try and tell me that I was better off with a guy, and I would just walk away and ignore her."

"Then when I was dating my second girlfriend and we would come down on the weekends and there was a party she would talk shit to her in Spanish. I didn't even bother to acknowledge what she said and neither did Tania my ex, because I warned her before hand. When we broke up and I was dating Brian she would tell me that I should date someone that spoke Spanish, because she didn't speak English. After about a year into me dating Brian she told me I should teach him Spanish. I told her that he didn't need to as long as I understood him we were fine. Eventually Brian learned some Spanish but it was because her was going to Mexico with us and he was going to meet my other grandparents. She has never showed much affection to us, mainly to my other cousins, I didn't care much because my other grandparents, the ones I truly love gave us enough affection. She want to manipulate everyone, and wants them to do everything her way. I felt sorry for my grandpa when he was diagnosed with cancer, she never let him enjoy his last days. I liked him he would always make a Donald Duck voice that would make me smile. When he passed away was when she became more controlling. My aunts would let her control them but my mom and uncle never did, I think that is why she doesn't really like them." when she spoke about her grandma she never showed any emotion not even hurt, which if I was in her shoes I would. "So yeah, when I introduce you just shake her hand, smile, and then you and I won't address her at all until she leaves then we repeat the same thing. She might send us some dirty looks but just ignore them."

I smiled leaned in and gave her a kiss "Don't worry baby I will do as you say. I'm sorry you have had to deal with that." she smiled "Its ok it doesn't bother me, as long as the people that matter love me for who I am I'm fine with it. Now if it was my other grandparents then I would be hurt, but its not so I don't give a shit." I gave her another kiss this one a bit longer. We pulled away when her mom walked back to the kitchen and grabbed our plates "Awe you guys are so adorable." I blushed got off the stool and walked to the sink "Here let me wash our plates, you made us the sandwiches the least I could do is wash the plates." she smiled "Fine" with that she went to sit on the stool next to Jackie "So did you give her the heads up about your grandmother?" Jackie rolled her eyes at the sound of grandmother "Yes, I hope she doesn't try talking to me because I don't want to deal with her" her mom patted her thigh "Don't worry just say hi and then go around greeting the rest of the family." then I hear the house phone ring and her mom answers. She turns to Jackie "That was your dad he said if we could go outside and help bring in the groceries." with that we were headed outside to help bring in the groceries.

After that we helped put up a shade, set up tables and chairs, lights and bring out a heater. Even though it was November second the sun was still warm. Jackie said that in the night it would get fresh. We put the beers and soda in the coolers and stocked the outside bar they had. Her parents have money, Jackie had told me that her dad started a trucking company from the bottom up. It began as him, and another driver, then he business picked up and he needed to hire more drivers. What I like about her parents and siblings is that even though they have money they still work and are humble and not go around flaunting their money. I found this out when I asked Jackie if they were renting the house up in San Fran, but she said no that her dad bought it for her, that was also the main reason she had the master bedroom. Her dad told Alex that whenever she wants her house to let him know where she wants to live. Alex told him that she is staying in San Fran but that she doesn't want a house until she settles down. I believe that that is the only thing they have let their dad spoil them on, everything else they work for.

When we were done Jackie helped her mom cook while I helped make a salad then watched them cook. Once they were done Jackie went to her room before her family began to show up. We were just lying on her bed holding hand staring at the ceiling, when I remembered the first time I came I heard Jackie playing the guitar and singing. I never asked why she was singing that song and know I want to know. I turn my head to look a Jackie "Baby can I ask you something?" she looked at me and smiled "You could ask me anything." I looked at her "The first time I came you were singing a Taylor Swift song was there a particular reason for that?" I noticed she blushed a bit. "Yeah,there was a reason. I was thinking of you. How the lyrics went,You make me crazier, crazier,Feels like I'm falling and I'm lost in your eyes You make me crazier. Was the main thing that made me think of you, so I had to sing and play it." if I hadn't already realized that I was in love with her this sure would have made me realize it. After her confession we were began making out.

We heard a knock on the door and pulled apart trying to catch our breath. Jackie rolls her eyes "Come in." Alex walks in "I'm sorry was I interrupting anything?" as I said no Jackie said yes, this caused Alex to smile "O...k I just came up here to let you guys know guest are starting to arrive so if you guys want to straighten up your clothes before going down there it would be a good idea." I blushed while Jackie flipped her off. "Is the hag here already?" I was shocked by Jackie's word referring to her grandma. Alex rolled her eyes "Yes that's the other reason I came to get you dad wants you to go say hi." Jackie rolled her eyes once again "Fine we will be down in like a minute or two." Alex turned to me "Have you gotten the heads up?" I shook my head yes "Good, now why wont feel offended when Jackie introduces you as her girlfriend and she gives you dirty looks. I'll see you guys down there." with that Alex left. We made sure our hair and clothes were in place before going down stairs.

We walked down stairs and into the back yard hand in hand. I noticed Jackie leading use to an old lady sitting with her aunt and uncle I met last time as a friend. Her grandma had a cold stare, Jackie extended her hand to her grandma "Buenas tardes me gustaría presentarle a mi novia Melanie. (Good afternoon I would like to introduce you to my girlfriend Melanie)." Jackie turned to me "Melanie this is my grandmother." I smiled and extended my hand for her to shake, she gave me a glare before taking my hand. Then Jackie moved on to her uncle and aunt, greeted them shook their hands and gave them a kiss on the cheek and re-introduced me this time as her girlfriend. We went around and did the same with her other relatives, some she shook their hand and gave a kiss others she just shook their hand, I noticed she did that last time I just never asked. When we sat at a table with Alex I asked why she kissed some relatives and not others and she said that she kisses the ones shes closer to. Her parents put music as background noise and began to mingle before cooking the chicken and meat.

We were just sitting and talking when two of her cousins come and sit with us and strike a conversation. I had meet then last time and I remember Jackie saying that they were from her moms side. Last time I really didn't get to know them much, but this time I did and I thought they were lay back. Her cousin Brenda reminded me of Jackie and Emma with the sarcasm and occasionally joking around. Her other cousin that sat with us was Diana she was very talkative and funny. I found out that Diana and Jackie are the same age and growing up they were inseparable. Diana was telling me how they would always play fight and then it would turn into actually fighting because they are both competitive, they were one of the boys. They eventually drifted apart 8th grade year getting into high school, both liking different things. Diana went into her super Mexican phase where she would listen to pure Spanish music and go to super Mexican parties, as to where Jackie went into her punk, rock phase whit really isn't a phase because she still dresses like a rocker and listens to the same music, the only difference is that she listens to a bit of everything now. Then Jackie's sister Raquel and her husband Danny joined us, and were telling stories of them growing up, which had Danny and I laughing at the things they would do.

I would occasionally get dirty looks from her grandma and Diana noticed, she turned to me "Just ignore the looks her grandma gives you, trust me you'll get used to it, I know I did." I curiously rose my brow. She smiled "Well even though Jackie and I drifted into liking different things, we share one thing in common we are both gay. The only difference is that Jackie is Bi and I'm a lesbian, but something tells me that she's going to end up with a girl." when she finished saying that she smiled wider and gave me a wink. it was fun getting to know them and I wondered why I didn't get to know them last time. Jackie's brother Jr with his family got here and they all greeted me with a hug. His kids are so adorable especially the smallest that really seems to be attached to Jackie. The way she treats her nieces and nephews I could tell she would be a great mother someday, and I couldn't help but hope that, that someday would be our kids. Jackie's mom forgot to mention that the BBQ was also to celebrate Jr's and Brenda's birthday. Jr's was November 4th and Brenda's was tomorrow November 3rd. Apparently apart from Alex going to visit a friend she also went to pick up the cake.

After eating, we all sang happy birthday and they blew out the candles. What I found funny was the fact that Brenda and Jr. were the same age and a day apart. Jackie and I kept our PDA to a minimum just held hands and occasionally Jackie would steel a quick kiss when I wasn't looking. Everyone at our table found us super adorable. It was around midnight and everyone was still here having fun. I noticed that Jackie was getting sleepy so I asked her if she wanted to go to bed, and she said yes. We said our goodnights to the people at our table then we went to tell her mom that we were going to bed. We said goodnight to everybody in general and went inside. When we were passing through the living room I noticed her grandma was there with one of her aunts. We smiled and said goodnight before going to her room. Jackie was looking through her drawers to get something to sleep in, I pulled her away and lead her to the bed "Lets just go to bed like we did this morning when we arrived, it was comfortable." she gave me a huge smile "Fine by me, I love how you look half naked." I blushed and playfully rolled my eyes "Your such a perv." She walked to me and pulled me by the waist "Yeah but I'm your perv." with that we shared a passionate kiss. We set the alarm at 10 am because Jackie wasn't to be on the road by noon. As soon as we lied in bed we cuddled an fell asleep.

When we got up we each took a turn to take a quick shower. Neither one of us wanted to get up but we forced ourselves to wake up. Jackie called Emma and Maddie to remind them that we were picking them up around 11:15. When we went downstairs Alex was in the kitchen having breakfast talking to her mom. Jackie went to give her mom her regular morning hug. I smiled at both Alex and her mom "Good morning" her mom smiled at us "Both of you sit down and eat before you have to leave." Jackie checked the time it was already 10:50,she turned to me "We have ten minutes to eat." we sat down ate and chatted a bit. Her mom apologized for her mother in laws deadly glares, and I reassured her it was ok, I honestly brushed it off. We finished eating, I thanked her parents for the hospitality. We picked up Emma and Maddie, by the time we were on the road it was 11:45. The whole way home we talked about how our weekend went. Emma and Maddie commented on how Jackie's grandma, it was basically along the lines of her being a bitch, in which both Jackie and Alex agreed. By the time we got to my apartment it was already 8:20pm. Jackie walked me to the door and carried my bag "I'll text you when I get home." I smiled "Ok baby, I'll be waiting for the text." she pulled me close and kissed me. After about a minute I pulled away knowing that the girls were in the car waiting "Baby even though I don't want you to go, to have to the girls are waiting for you." she reluctantly pulled away "Fine I'll see you tomorrow." With that she gave me a quick peck on the lips and left.

Once I got out from taking a long bath, I noticed the text from Jackie. She said she got home and was going to sleep that she will call me text me tomorrow. When I was drying myself off and putting on my panties I remembered Jackie saying she typically sleeps just in panties, and I figure I should give it a try. It turned out to be super comfy and had me think about how good it felt to sleep and cuddled up to Jackie this weekend. I couldn't help but imagine that is how it will feel to sleep with her the rest of my life. I fell asleep with a huge grin on my face.