Ch.2

The next day I was waken up by Alex barging into my room and jumping on my bed like a little girl. "Jackie wake up mom said its time for breakfast so get your lazy ass up". I growled and put my pillow over my head "Ugh Alex tell mom that I will be down in a couple of minutes now stop jumping on my bed and get out of my room".

"Fine but if you are not down in like 5 minuets then I'm going to come back in here but this time with ice cold water and I'm pouring it all over you". I didn't even get a chance to answer back she was already walking out the door. I looked at the time on my phone and saw that it was 5 till 9:30 god I hate to wake up early on weekends. I took a deep breath looked up at the ceiling and laid there for a few minutes. I guess I have to get up now because knowing Alex she would come and throw the water on me. I looked at my phone again it read 9:29 shit, I got up quick and just ran the brush through my hair and ran down the stairs.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs and made my way to the kitchen the smell of pancakes, beacon, sausage, and eggs. My mom had her back to me making me a plate so I gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek. "Morning mom" she turned and gave me a warm smile "Good morning mija here take your plate and go sit down with your dad and sister". I gave her a smile and a salute "Yea mam". When I got to the table I saw Alex and my dad talking about who was coming to the party. I sat my plate down next to Alex went to my dad gave him a side hug and a kiss on the cheek "Morning dad". He gave me a smile "Good morning sleepy head it's about time you woke up" and then him and Alex started laughing at what he said. I gave them a fake hurt look "I will have you know that it's the weekend and it's not even late it's only 9:30". After I said that my mom came and sat down at the table and turned to my dad "Don't pick on her she has a point it is the weekend you should have every right to sleep in a bit, not everybody is a morning person like you two". When she said that shot her a thank you look and she returned it with a smile.

But then when she spoke again my face expression turned serious. "So why is it that Brian wasn't able to come down this weekend for the party?" I looked at both my mom and dad then spoke "Umm we I think it would be weird if he came down with us seeing as how we broke up last week". My mom looked at me with concern "Jackie why didn't you tell me when I spoke to you on Thursday?" I took a deep breath "Because I didn't find the need to mention it, it really is no big deal". When I finished saying that I was thrown of by a chuckle I turned to see that it was my dad that was chuckling "Let me guess it was you that broke up with him and not the other way around?" that made me smile and chuckle "Yup" popping the P at the end. My dad still chuckling spoke again "Your the one that is always breaking hearts I see". I smiled at him and responded "Well beats being the one with the broken heart". It's true I would rather break someone else's heart then getting my heart broken it makes it easier for me knowing it was my choice to end a relationship and move on faster and look towards the feature, and not dwell on the past. My mom then spoke up "I thought that Brian was going to be the one you settled down with you two seemed so in love". I couldn't help the smile that kept on my face thinking about how I was in love but then I remembered why I broke up with him and my smile fell "We where in love but the last month of our relationship he became to jealous and controlling and I can't be with someone like that". My mom gave me a small smile "Well you have to be absolutely positive that you want to spend the rest of your life with that person before you take a big step like that so I'm glad you realized it. I just thought that since in a month you will be 24 that you where thinking of settling down like your brother and sister".

I wonder why she would think that I want to be like my brother or sister that got married at age 18 and 22. I looked to both my parents "I know that Jr and Raquel got married young and so did you guys but they found there soul mates at a young age and I'm happy for them, but out of the relationships I have been in I have never felt like I met my soul mate. Not even with Tania and we where together for 3 years". Before either of them got to speak up I started talking again. "I have never been single for longer than a month so I have decided that I'm going to take a break of the whole dating and be single for at least 2 years and I'm not saying I'm going to be sleeping around because I'm not, I just want to enjoy the city, hang out with my friends, take pictures, and with that I will be happy I don't need to be in a relationship to feel that way." My mom looked at me and apologized "I'm sorry that I thought you would want to be like them ever since you where small you wanted to do the opposite they did and if being single for a while makes you happy then we support you in whatever you do don't ever forget that." I smiled at them "Thanks for understanding and when I do find the person that I want to spend my life with you guy will find out maybe after Alex but I will let you know non the less." We started laughing after that then Alex spoke up "By the way I'm on the same boat as Jackie I don't plan on getting married anytime soon."