Ch 19

Melanie's Point Of View

As I made my way down the stairs I wondered how long Jackie was going to stay up there dumbfounded by what I said. I didn't really need Jackie by my side to greet her family members, I already knew them and they knew me. Jackie's cousin Diana turns to me and begins to look me up and down "Damn Melanie you look hot and I love the blond hair" I laughed and gave her a hug "Well thanks you don't look bad yourself" Diana started to chuckle "So where is Jackie, please tell me you dumped her but your here cuz of me" I started laughing and shook my head no. Just as I was about to answer I felt arms wrap around my waist "Sorry to break it to you Diana, but the only way that will happen would be in your dreams." Diana laughed and gave a kiss on the cheek to Jackie and gave her a hug. I have noticed that that's how some of her relatives greet other shake hand and give a kiss on the cheek. Diana looked at Jackie "Don't ruin a girls dreams now, its not my fault you have a hot girlfriend." I couldn't help but bush.

Jackie patted Diana's shoulder "It's also not my fault that I'm better looking then you either." Diana gave a fake laugh "Haha your so funny" in all honesty Diana was good looking she was 5'8 the same hight as Jackie, long dark brown hair, slim, nice lips, green eyes and has bigger breast than Jackie. Diana looks at me "Your honest opinion, who is better looking between Jackie and I" I shook my head "I'm not going to answer" Jackie rose a brow, Diana let out a sigh "How about you pretend that you were not dating Jackie and we were at a bar or something and you saw us, who would you think is better looking?" I looked between both of them, they were flashing me a dazzling smile. "If I'm going to be completely honest...... I personally would go for Jackie." Jackie threw her fist in the air like Judd Nelson in The Breakfast Club, signaling she got the girl.

Out of nowhere Emma stands next to us with Josh holding her hand. I was shocked she never told us her was going to fly down let alone that they were officially together. Emma giggles and points to Jackie "Whats up with Judd Nelson over here?" Jackie looks at Emma with a brow raised looks at Josh then back to Emma "Well I was celebrating my victory, Melanie agrees that I'm better looking than Diana, but enough about me how come you didn't tell me." Emma rolled her eyes "First of all I didn't want to mention anything until I was sure about us, secondly isn't it kinda impartial on Melanie's part since she is your girlfriend, third I'm sorry I didn't tell you, your my best friend and I should have told you." Diana's smile grew wide "See that is why I like you Emma your smart and fun to hang out with. Since you are not impartial who is better looking?" Emma chuckled "I'm not going to answer for the simple fact that who ever I choose is going to get cocky and your ego is going to boost." Diana looked to Josh "How about you who is better looking Jackie or me?" Josh looked between Jackie and Diana carefully analyzing both while Emma rolled her eyes at the fact that Josh was humoring them. "I think you are both hot" Diana let out a defeated sigh "Whatever I'm gona go get me something to drink." with that Diana was off.

Jackie narrowed her eyes at Josh "Well you to have fun, I'm gona go greet the rest of the guest." Emma rolled her eyes. Jackie began to drag me away and I sent Emma an apologetic look and she just waved her hand and smiled back. I looked to Jackie "You know you didn't have to be a dick" Jackie stopped and turned to me "I don't know what you are talking about" It was my turn to roll my eyes at her "Don't act like you don't know, how were you looking at Josh and didn't even bother to properly greet him or Emma for that matter" Jackie gave me an apologetic look "Babe I'm sorry, I'm just a bit hurt that Emma didn't tell me that's all." I caressed Jackie's face "Baby you didn't tell Emma about us either until we were official, so don't act like your the only one that could be hurt by your best friend not telling you she's dating someone" Jackie gave me a quick peck on the lips "You are right, how about we greet my family and then I go and apologize to both of them for acting like a dick" I shook my head in agreement. We did our rounds to greet everybody, even though her grandmother was still giving dirty looks, we just shook her hand and moved on to the next person. I ignored the looks she was giving, I honestly feel sorry for her knowing that some of her grandchildren can't stand her. I stayed with Raquel and her husband Danny while Jackie went to apologize to Emma and Josh.