Part 13...Kara

~Re-Cap~

I heard her left out a breath and I felt it brush across my face. her scent filled my lungs and my wolf howl with joy. "Ok," she whispered and took the Lilly from my hand, "Actually I could use some help, Can you and Mark help me pick up some stuff from my house?"

*

~James' POV~

I really didn't want my brother Mark to come with me and Lilly. I wanted to spend sometime alone with her, but she wanted him to go. She asked me nicely and I really don't want her mad at me again. However, I couldn't help be feel jealous. She's just sitting here in the car, right nxt to me in the passenger seat, ignoring me and laughing it up with Mark.

Although no matter how jealous I get there are a few good things about this situation. She is smiling a real smile, she is actually having some fun.

But I still wish it was me she was smiling at and laughing with.

"I can not believe that you actually skinny dipped and your clothes were stolen. I mean how cliché is that?" She was laughing so hard, and I was smiling because I was actually hearing a real laugh for the first time.

He was blushing so hard, looking like a bright red tomato, "Yeah, well that happened when Kara was here. She was so adventurous and out going. She was able to talk me into doing anything and everything she could come up with." I may not like him for being a buddy buddy with my mate, but when I was the hurt and the pain flash into his eyes, sadness clear on his face, it hurt me.

Kara was Mark's mate, but she was human. Having a human for a mate can complicate so many things, including the confession. When Mark told her she laughed thing it was a joke, but saw how she looked at his face and saw that he wasn't joking. She thought that Mark had been lying about his life, about being mentally ill, or even wanting to lie to her just to end it, but that wasn't true.

She ended things, packed up and moved away. He has never been the same, and it kills me to see him like this.

"I'm going to askyou something, and you don't have to answer me, but what actually happened to your mate? Did she pass away?" Lilly asked Mark.

He sucked in a huge raged breath and let it slowly. He looked up at her and smiled a sad little smile. "It's a long story, one I don't like saying, but I'll give you a small briefing. Kara and I were in love, and she was my mate, but when I told her, she didn't take it to well and left." I could hear the tears in his eyes, but he wouldn't let them fall. I wish I could help out my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short, I know, but it’s been awhile since my last update, but school has started again and it’s going to take most of my time sorry, but please enjoy comment/vote. It helps me write. <3