Part 9...A song

*Re-cap*

~Lilly’s POV~  

Him…the one who had rejected me, Him the one who wanted to sleep around and be an F’ing man whore. Him, the one who thinks he can walk right up to me and hug me as if everything is going to alright? 

Anger pulsed through me and I pushed him away. Obviously he was shock from my sudden jester, which had caused him to fall back. I got up and saw him sitting there staring at me with a shocked expression. I guess he knows I’m pregnant now.

*

“How dare you.” I growled at him, “How dare you come here and hold me like you actually care.” Even though I was beyond pissed, just having him here calms me down, and my wolf is howling with excitement, thinking that with him being here holding me, means that he was going to take his rejection back. 

But I was not going to take his crap today. My husband and the father of my child just passed and there was no way in hell he was going just waltz back into my life like nothing ever happened. 

He looked up at me guilt written on his face and sadness in his eyes. He looked down at the ground not wanting to make eye contact with me. Playing with the grass he began to talk, but it was really low that I wasn’t sure I hard him right. “…wish I was the father… she deserves better…” 

Why would he want to be the father? I must’ve heard him wrong, because he was the one to reject me, he didn’t want me because he want to continue to be a man whore, he is the reason that I’m standing here mourning my now dead husband, and he is the reason my child would grow up not knowing it’s father. 

Anger was still passing through me and I just couldn’t stop the next thing that happened. I walked right up to him, knelt on down and slapped him hard across this face, he deserved so much more, but all this stress is already making the baby fussy, he or she is moving around feeling the distress I’m in. 

I stand up and move back to where the chairs are. As I sit down I placed my hand across my growing belly hoping that my warm gentle touch would be enough to calm him or her down. After awhile of the baby not calming down completely I began to hum a song, It seemed to work perfectly and I was smiling. 

But then I heard a man singing the song I was humming and his voice was beautiful, and he sang the song perfectly. I know it was James that was singing, but I chose to ignore him, but listen to the song, still smiling it brought tears to my eyes. I can’t hate him…he is my mate, but I will not give in to him easily. 

All I can do right now is be thankful that he is keeping his distance, and also be thankful that his singing helped me clam down, I would never forgive myself if I let my feeling harm this baby inside me, this baby is my whole world now. 

*James POV* 

She pregnant…But I though werewolves couldn’t have kids till they found…their…mate…Oh God what did I do? 

“How dare you.” she growled at me “How dare you come here and hold me like you actually care.” I could tell she was extremely pissed at me, and she has the right to be. When I met her, I was a different person, but she changed me. I know how completely cheesy that sounds, but it’s true and I was a fool not to notice it sooner. 

I knew she could read the emotions playing on my face, so I looked down and played with that grass, not really sure what to do. But I started to speak really low so she wouldn’t hear me, but a part of wishes she does, “I wish I was that father, but she deserves better that me, they both do.” 

I was just sitting there, wondering what it would be like to know that I was going to be a father, wondering what her skin would feel like on mine…, wondering what it would have been like to marry her…But then I felt her slap me hard across the face.