Part 11...The brother

*Re-Cap*

God I really wished Nick was here…’But you have James now.’ Said my wolf. ’I don’t know if that really helps.’ ’It should. Didn’t you notice the way he was able to calm you and the baby down with just a song?’…I didn’t give a reply I knew she was right…

“OK then, lets go to your place and then get you to the pack house.” said my mom. James just smiled at me beaming with happiness.

…Did I do the right thing?

*

Laying in bed at the pack house I feel 2% better. I don’t feel the emptiness that I did back home, and knowing that my mother was next door helped. And of course the thing I dislike the most is that James is under the same roof. I know I agreed to do this, but I was really just thinking about the baby. Being under stress has done so much damage already. The doctors said one more break down, and there was an 80% chance that the baby wont make it.

I was doing this for the baby, NICK’s baby. I was not going to let James just waltz into my life thinking he was just going to win me. No he doesn’t deserve me.

And I fell asleep thinking that way.

*

When I woke up that morning I was nightmare free, in a way I missed the way I would see Nick in the dreams holding our baby, but I was happy to be stress free giving the baby a greater chance.

I got up, got dressed for my morning walk, and went to the kitchen to get a water bottle. When I got there James was sitting at the table in a S.W.A.T men’s uniform…I guess I never did ask if we worked…

“Good Morning Lilly.” He chirped when we saw me walk into the kitchen. “How did you sleep?” He asked.

“Good, it’s just different being in a place your not use to.” He nodded as if he understood. “You going to work?” I asked still curious about it.

He looked down and made an O shape with his mouth. “ Yeah, I was Called in.” was all he said while I grab the water bottle from the fridge.

“Ok, well I got to go.” And I started for the door. I was already out the door when I felt James grab my arm. “Hey let me go.” I growled at him.

“No, where do you think your going?” he growled back obviously angry, Why I wouldn’t know.

“For a walk, now let me go!”

“Why do you have to go for a walk? It’s to dangerous for you to be walking around a place you aren’t familiar with.” He had a point, But I would rather be out walking around then stuck in the house bored out of my mind.

“I have to go for a walk because it’ll make labor a hell of a lot easier, and I can take care of my self thank you, now if you don’t mind let me the F*** go or I will make sure you regret it.” He looked really shocked at my out burst, and to be honest I was to. I was never a violent person or one that use curse words. I was the one that enjoyed a good sappy book where the princess always got her prince. But I guess time changes a person.

He let me go, but he didn’t look happy. His eyes where black and his body was stiff. ‘Uh-oh, looks like you pissed off an alpha.’ But how could I piss off an Alpha when he isn’t even one? I think my wolf’s memory is slipping. ‘I heard that, and it’s not, He may not be alpha now, but does have Alpha blood.’ Crap…

“Lilly, I…Bye” He growled as he stormed off towards the house.

Oops.