Part 1...the Beginning

I don’t know why this was happening to me, but it was. My life was turning upside down and there was nothing I could do about it, but I will accept it and live my life the way that I want to live it, and maybe then I could be happy again. I will miss my old life, but because of that life, I now need to live this one.

New York, here I come.

I boarded the plane and didn’t look back or shed a tear.

*4 days before*

“God what is so important that I had to stop reading right when I was getting to the good part in kissed by an angle?” I asked my parents annoyed. They know how much I love to read and how I hate being bothered.

My parents shared a look and I knew something bad had happen. “Sweetheart,” my mother began, “We have some news that we need to tell you now that you will be 18 in four days…”

Uh oh.

“Darling, you’re adopted…” My father said to me and I knew he was telling the truth, but my mind decided it was a joke causing me to laugh. But soon the laughter ended and the tears began to flow.

“I am so sorry Lilly, you have no idea how much I wish you were my own, but I did raise you and you will always be my little girl.” my father said to me as he moved to sit next to me and cradle me in his arms to comfort me.

I was a daddy’s girl, I have always been a daddies girl, and no matter what that will never change. After about 10 minutes I was able to calm myself down and ask the question I had to ask.

“Why?”

“Because I couldn’t have a child of my own. Before I meet your father, I was in an abusive relationship. I had had many miscarriages because of him, and in result to that, I wasn’t able to conceive another child. After I married your father we began to search different places so that we could adopt. Then when meet your mother. She was so nice and sweet, but very young she was 16 when you were born. She knew, she could never give you the life that you deserve. Before you were born though, she asked to send pictures of you and updates; she also wanted us to tell you before you turned 18 so that if you wanted, you would have the chose of going to see her if you wanted.”

I really didn’t know what to think. My parents weren’t my parents by blood, but I still love them with all my heart. But right now I felt like my heart was cracking, ready to break at any moment because the life I grew up with was all a lie…

I looked to my dad, who was now sitting next to my mother again and then to my mom who was crying just like I was, and I smiled, yes I do still love them. But what I’m about to say needs to be done. “I love you guys, but I do want to go meet her, she is my mother and I have many questions that I would like to ask her.”

My parents sighed sadly, but nodded their heads with the ok to meet her.

“She came here last week, hoping that you would agree to meeting her.” My mom said as she pulled out a slip of paper from her purse, “Here is the address of the hotel she is staying in.” I got from my seat and went to my mother hugging her before I accepted the little note, and then to my dad I did the same, but placed a kiss on his cheek before heading up the stairs to get ready.

*

Before I entered my room, I paused at the door. I felt as though my lungs went into over drive as I could feel myself hyperventilate. I can’t believe that this was happening to me. I can’t believe that my life was a complete lie.

With my parents just now telling me this I feel rejected, as if they don’t want me, that they want out of the house now that I’ll be 18.

I’m imagining this right?

*

I was looking at myself in the mirror, wondering how I never noticed the difference in my appearance and the appearance of my parents.

I had long red hair and my parents had blonde and black. I grey-green eyes and my parents both had light brown. I my skin had a natural tan and beauty marks along my nose and my parent’s skin was flawless ivory skin.

My mom was a book worm. She loves the classics and many of the new best sellers. My dad is playful and active, but also a hard worker. Those are the traits I grow up with, and I did take to them. I love to read, I’m playful, and I can be a hard worker when I put my mind to something…

But now I’m left to guess what I have got from my birth parents.

*

Her hotel was an hour away from my house near the forest. I wonder why she choose a place so far away, my reason would be because of the forest.

I loved the woods. They were fun to run though and I also enjoyed seeing the many types of animals that lived there. So far my favorite would have to be the wolves. I see them all the time while I’m there running.

Maybe that is something I got from my birth parents, athletics. My mom and dad would rather stay inside and watch the sports they loved, while I’m ready to go and play them. Though like I said my dad is playful so he’ll join me, sometimes.

After awhile, I saw the turn to he hotel coming up, I was really starting to get nervous…

When I got there, my heart was beating like crazy, but I put on a smile and walked to her room. Right as I was going to knock, the door opened revealing who I believed to be my mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this is my new story! And I’m hoping to her some major support please? <3

If your confused about the time line so far the first few sentences is after her birthday & after meet her real mom, so bear with me, the part when she leaves off to New York will be up soon, after I explain as to why she is leaving.

Also if like this story, please & I mean PLEASE vote or comment. I’ve deleted stories already from not getting enough support, so if you wanna see this to the end please leave your support, it also inspires me to write faster <3