CHAPTER FOURTEEN (𝙸𝙸)

I saw him licked his lips sexily before a guard suddenly came in front of him and started asking commands- of what they should do, as I remained looking at him, couldn't get over what I just witnessed.

Those are just simple words in the eyes of other people. Still, it became the combustible material that suddenly ignited out of nowhere for those who are losing hope, thus giving a new light for that branch of hope that dried out because of being in a hopeless situation.

And in my eyes, the Ashton I'm looking at right now is somehow new. . . a better version of him, the one who just doesn't care about his surroundings if he wouldn't get involved.

Because right now, I can see his love for a human's life, and that's enough for him to continue to move forward.

I wasn't the only one who got shocked at what Ashton said. Everyone. . . they aren't expecting him, the son of President who doesn't have knowledge at everything, became the source of hope that is now making them strive.

Mas nakakagulat sa aming kasama nya noon, dahil alam naming hindi ganito si Ashton noon. The scenery before we got separated- before I learned about the house that Mama Hyacinth created, entered my mind. The scenery at the bus, where he's the first one who turned his back to me. And looking at him who's now standing above his people, all I could say that, that Ashton is really different from the Ashton in front of me.

I slowly lifted my hand and placed it above my chest. It's beating erratically. . . as my gaze remained on him who's looking at his people with such courage in his face.

I don't think I can stop these feelings.

I sighed heavily. Focus, Kaesha. You're in the middle of the fight. I keep reminding myself as I looked around the place, looking for some way or solution to this disaster we are facing today.

"The fire has reached the hospital!" I got really tensed after hearing it, as my attention looked at the guy who shouted it to his companions, maybe, which isn't far from our place.

Kapansin-pansin ang pagkakataranta sa kanilang galaw habang inuutusan ang mga kasamahang maaaring pumunta roon, na mabilis namang sinunod ng iba. The one who shouted placed his hand in his ear as he speaks on it- as if he's reporting that the back up will be on the way. Nawala ang atensyon ko rito nang marinig ang pinag uusapan ng mga tumatakbong sundalo- ibang sundalo sa tinitignan ko kanina.

"Are there zombies inside?" Panic could be heard in their voice as I listen to what they're talking about.

My gaze transferred to my companions who got separated by doing things they need to do, and inside me, I became proud because they don't need my commands before they start to move. As I've said, all of us are leaders.

"The captain said there are! The scientists just turned. . . shit! They are on the way to the hospital, and soon, the virus will spread!"

Image of Nathan who's fixed his glasses, Blake who's laughing, and Travis who is smirking just entered my mind that I suddenly remembered that they're at the hospital right now, resting to get their strength being recovered as I bit my lower lip.

"Fuck, we need to contain this!" The soldiers said before I didn't hear the following words they said because they're now out of my hearing range.

I looked at Ashton and saw how busy he became right now. Hindi siya mawawalan ng kausap at rinig na rinig ang mga utos nya para sa mga lumalapit sa kanya.

My eyes seek my companions and see how they're helping to evacuate people in this panicking area. Muli kong inilibot ang paningin at tumama iyon sa isang guwardiya na nasa gilid, lalambot-lambot at parang inaantok habang itinuturo ang daan sa mga evacuees na para bang labag iyon sa kanyang loob.