CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Nakangiti ako nang inililibot ang aking paningin sa paligid. All of them seemed as if they liked what I said- it was based on their smiles right now. Some of them are nodding their head as if they're agreeing to what I've said, some are hugging the ones whose beside them but almost all of them are smiling proudly at me.

Sa kasisilip sa kumpol na taong mga ito, narealize kong wala ang taong proud na proud sa akin simula noong bata palang kami. My smile faded a little when I realized that she isn't here in this group, where all of us are sharing our thoughts and feelings.

Wala si Farrah.

My eyes quickly transferred to our bus. Walang tunog na nagmumula doon at sobrang tahimik, hindi mo iisipang may tao palang nag iisang nasa loob noon. I know that everyone's here at this place right now- as in everyone, walang kulang bukod sa kanya, at hindi ko alam kung bakit nag alala ako.

Dinadamdam pa ba nya ang pangyayari kahapon? Or maybe... even though they've talked already, I'm pertaining about Damien and Farrah, of course, haven't they've fixed everything that's between them?

No... maybe Farrah hasn't fully forgiven herself to the point that she's stopping herself to become happy and be part of this group?

That in the first place, she's already a part of it.

"Ae, are you okay?" I suddenly have awoken from my thoughts when I heard someone spoke.

I quickly looked at them- at Lorraine who's looking at me. I just gave her a small smile before I looked at our companions. They didn't notice that and it's only Lorraine who noticed that something is bothering me. May kahinaan rin kasi ang boses ni Lorraine nang sabihin nya iyon kaya't hindi nila ito narinig.Which is good. I don't want to worry them after all.

"Guys, sandali may kukunin lang ako sa bus." Pagkukuha ko ng kanilang atensyon.

They all looked at me and nodded their head and I don't know why, but my heart melted when I saw them looking at me as if they will believe in me... that they will trust me with everything I'll do. I gave them a warm smile after I looked at the unopened sausage in a can in front of us and a plastic fork from my schoolmate's pack lunches that I didn't hesitate to get.

I gave Lorraine a glimpse and I know that she understood it. I turned my back to them, walking to the bus where I'm going to find my best friend.

At first, I looked at the inside to see if she's here. Failed. She isn't here since no one's inside of this bus. I sighed in defeat.

When I was about to go out, I saw a part of the head- that familiar light brown hair, and it is followed by the sound of sobbing, and I know that the one I'm finding at is crying without everyone from our companions knowing, not even I.

Nagmamadali ngunit maingat akong lumabas at umikot papunta sa kabilang dulo- kung saan hindi makikita ng iba at lalong hindi maiisipan ng mga itong wala sya doon. Damien is so busy distributing food that maybe, somehow Farrah slipped in his mind. After all, hindi naman nya obligasyon ito upang idamay sa lahat ng bagay. And I understand that.

Hindi naman porket inamin nyang may gusto sya si Farrah ay aalalahanin nya na ito lagi. Dannah is here, and she's only between 13 or 14 years old, of course, she's our President's priority as of now.

Dahan-dahan akong naglakad palapit sa kanya kung saan kita ko na agad ang medyo nakatagilid nyang katawan at patuloy ang pagpupunas ng kanyang mukha. It was as if she's trying to stop herself from crying but ended up failed because she just couldn't stop.

I sighed heavily as I walked at her place. Maingat. Tahimik. And it seemed as if she's so lost in her thoughts that she didn't feel my presence nearing at her place.