CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

"I tried to stop you, but you won't listen to me. Your plan is so unstoppable, and I don't know what to do to make you change your mind," I whispered to her as I remembered that scene.

"How badly do you want to go overseas? I mean, we can just stay here in the Philippines, right? Let's build our haven where we would put in there everything that we need, like, plant crops, stock water, and live in the rice field so-" But she quickly cut what I was saying.

"Why?" I saw her eyes turned slits as I suddenly became nervous. I laughed as I averted my gaze at her. I hope she won't notice how I suddenly became nervous at her question but. . . it's impossible because she's Ae.

She's the most observer person I've ever met.

Come on, Farrah! Think of a plan! I mean. . . palusot, iyong lulusot!

Palihim kong pinisil ang aking kaliwang kamay na nasa likuran. "I'm just worried since we need to get pass through Manila. I mean, it's such a crowded place, and it's perilous for us to reach that place," I sighed heavily. It's a profound reason, right? Manila is such a crowded place. I silently wish that she could rethink the plan. . . and convince Ashton to turn back and redo their goals because she's the only one who can do it.

Ashton would only listen to her.

However. . .

"Your father is in Manila," I tensed as I heard what she said. I know what's about to happen, and I wasn't prepared for it.

I wasn't prepared for everything about it.

"Don't you want to see him? I thought you already talked to him?" I hitched my breath, significantly when her eyes lowered at the phone I'm holding in my right hand. Dahan-dahan ko iyong itinago at baka kuhanin niya iyon at makitang ibang numero ang nakalagay ay hindi ang binigay na numero ni Lorraine na mula sa aking ama.

"A-Ah... yeah, I did," I smiled at her even though I wanted to puke at the nervousness I'm feeling.

This is why people don't want to mess with Ae. The reason why they don't want to anger her or even befriend her. It's because once she stares at you, she seemed as if seeking your dirtiest secret that lies underneath your soul. Once those cold gray orbs stare at you, it feels as if you must start wishing for your life to be spared because this one wouldn't let you go unless you start spurting out the truth.

And even I... who's her best friend, is now shivering under the stares she's giving to me.

She sighed heavily, and with that action, I saw a tiniest bit of hope. . . that I could get pass through this talk without telling her the truth because. . . I don't know how she's facing me again after learning that everything that's happening to our world is from the product of my father's greed.

Among all these people in the world, it's Ae whom I don't want to change her perspective to me, aside from my mother and my sister.

I know it's such a shallow reason. . . but you can't blame me if I don't want the trust of a person to be broken because of something I wasn't the one who created.

"Tell me what's wrong, Farrah," She whispered as I bit my lower lip, yet I remained looking at my feet. "Please," I felt him stepped forward that I instantly backed down because I felt like if she moves another step, she'll be breaking the walls I've created to stop myself from telling her everything. . . the shame that my father created.

That would be resulting in her not trusting me again.

I lifted my head as I smiled at her. The smile I've always put into deceiving everyone. . . at how happy and jolly I am, not knowing that the real Farrah is some dark person who has thought of ending her life for so many times already.