Chapter 35

Hazelstar padded into her den, head pounding from the stress AdderTail was causing. The she-cat kept popping back in with mysteriously similar names.

AdderTale joined the Clan. "Hello!" She meowed brightly. "Im neww to SunClan :D"

Wonderfulwhisker was measuring chemicals into a bottle, muttering something about gasoline ratios. When he noticed the new cat, he calmly padded toward her. 

"Hello want to have my kits? AdderTale meowed.

Wonderfulwhisker laughed and dumped the liquid on her head. "No thanks, I'm fine without a creepy idiot as a mate!" he meowed brightly and skipped away.

AdderTale huffed. "U r bad and evil becuz my mommy says so don't be a meanie."

Hazelstar was resting in her nest, trying to tune out the sounds of cats talking in the camp. However, she lifted her head when she heard a new sound thrumming in the air. The ground was shaking!

Acornleap was considering finding a cliff to jump off, because his Clanmates were so fervently dumb, when the ground started to quiver beneath his paws. Pads quickly growing numb to the vibrations, he glanced around, mentally mapping the fastest way to travel to the nearby more. "Follow me to safety!" he screeched out, trying to run as the earth gave a rough up-heave in the center of camp.

Hazelstar just screamed, running out of the den and collapsing in the center of camp.

Smartfeather adroitly bolted to his paws, frescading toward Hazelstar and gripping her scruff in his cheilion. 

Hazelstar, confused by these fancy words, leaped to her paws. "Sorry," she meowed as the earthquake... quaked. She ran after Acornleap.

Acornleap could only hear the sounds of his own paws thumping against the rock-hard dirt. It became a steady rhythm, beating into his mind and pressing down on his ever-waning sanity. He cast a glance over his shoulder, seeing Smartfeather and Hazelstar trailing behind him. Where is Yarrowpaw? he wondered, pausing slightly and stopping his movement. And Wonderfulwhisker?

Yarrowpaw was training, alone in the forest, when the ground started shaking. She ran away from camp and toward Acornleap.

Wonderfulwhisker was sitting in a tree and darted out when she passed, tripping the apprentice.

Yarrowpaw's muzzle grinded into the ground as she fell. "Ouch," muttered the she-cat. "Why would you do that?" She spat out a clump of dirt.

Wonderfulwhisker laughed and ran off.

Yarrowpaw continued running, travelling in the general direction toward where she knew it would be safe.

Smartfeather's eyes were very chatoyant as they exited the territory, cresting the moor. The mien was thick and foggy, and aqueous stream ran across the soil. 

Hazelstar dove into a bush, her heart pounding. "We're safe now!"

~*~

"Wil u voat four mee?" Glodhart askde Darrkshaduw even do hee was ded.

"If I can be alive again," he responded grumpily. 

"Deel," Glodhart meowwed.

Now living, Darkshadow padded into camp, carrying a few mice in his jaw. His legs were sore from a long journey, and he hoped no one would notice that he had been gone for quite some time. 

"Thanks for bringing me some prey!" Volebelly cheered, grabbing the mice and shoving them down his gullet. For a few moments, his stomach quit growling as it examined this new fuel. 

Darkshadow sighed and padded into the warrior's den, hoping he could find some peace in there.

Dawnripple popped out of the bushes, her tortishelly (no esee spelling) pelt showing brightly. "Hi!" She piped.

Darkshadow narrowed his eyes, his heart jumpnig as the she-cat surprised him. "What do you want?"

"Nothing," she meowed.

"Okay," Darkshadow muttered.

~*~

Wind was lurking on outer edges of MoonClan territory, his eyes narrowed with a distict hatred.

"Are you a warrior?" asked Birdwing, padding up to him with a curious expression lighting her eyes. 

"No, I would never be a warrior... I'd rather die than join you Clan scum," the rogue hissed, slowly backing away. "Stay away!" 

"Yeah, yeah," muttered Birdwing. "Are you going to join? I can take you to Loststar... or Darkshadow, depending on the day."

Wind stared at her, dumbfounded. "I just said I would rather die than join you," he meowed sharply, unsheathing his claws and sinking them into the soil. Catiously, he inched forward until his paws rested over the border's clearly defined edges. 

"Well you can still join us," Birdwing replied in a bored tone, giving him a slight eye roll. She turned around. "Follow me."

Wind jumped on top of the she-cat, battering her flanks with his claws.

Birdwing let out a loud screech, alerting all the MoonClan cats. "Help! This SunClan cat is attacking me!"

Wind stopped attacking her.

Birdwing paused as well, grooming her fur quickly.

"You're too stupid for this," he muttered, padding away.

By Rio ⛈⛈