(11) Deadly Desires

Deadly Desires

Chapter 11

I followed him all the way to a night club, making sure to keep a safe distance. I really didn’t want to get caught following him. I waited for him to park and go inside before I parked my car as far away from his as I could and then headed inside. I didn’t have a great plan but I was feeling kind of desperate and decided to take a chance. I was going to pretend that this is the place I was looking for and that I got stood up. Hopefully he will invite me to join him and whoever he was meeting.

The club was packed and the music was so loud that a person could clearly hear it from outside. It was a big place with two floors and three separate dance floors. I had no idea if I would even be able to find him considering there were people everywhere but after a while I spotted him. He was standing at the bar with a group of guys, talking and laughing.

I was a bit nervous as to how he would react if he sees me but I wasn’t going to let my nerves get in the way. I walked over to the bar and came to a stand not to far away from him and his friends. I didn’t want it to look like I knew he was there so I ordered a shooter and hoped he would see me.

“Hey you!” I heard somebody say and recognized the voice immediately. It was him and now my nerves were really starting to act up. What if he realizes I followed him? What if he finds out what I have done?

“Hey!” I shouted over the music, trying to act surprised.

“Is this where you were heading?” he asked. Luckily he didn’t look to unhappy to see me.

“Yeah, I finally got here but now I can’t find my friend anywhere,” I replied.

“Idiot,” he said, grinning at me and I felt my heart flutter. What the hell was that? I wondered, shaking my head.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you,” he stated, obviously thinking I was shaking my head at him.

“You didn’t, I was just thinking about something,” I replied feeling like an idiot but managing to sound quite normal under the circumstances

“Your friend?” he questioned looking at me curiously.

“Yeah, and her phone is off,” I answered, wondering what the hell I was going to do now that I was actually here with him.

“How about I buy you a drink? Help get your mind off of things?” he asked and I agreed. Still not having a plan but deciding to go with the flow and see what happens. What else could I do? It’s not like I could go home or call a friend.

He ordered us drinks and then turned to face me, I quickly downed my shooter, and then watched him carefully while we waited.

“What’s your name?” he asked, smiling again. His been really friendly but I just couldn’t help but wonder how he would look if he is angry. He is going to get angry at me at some point, it is inevitable and the thought kind of scared me.

“Hope,” I answered, seeing no reason to lie. I’ve lied so much over the past week that I didn’t want to anymore. I just wanted to be normal but that is something that will never be possible for me again. I screwed it all up and now all I can hope for is to get out alive.

“Hey, are you ok?” he asked, his smile changing to a concerned look.

“Yeah, uhm… what’s your name?” I asked in return, trying to focus on what he was actually saying.

“Ned,” he answered as the bartender placed our drinks in front of us

I had no idea what the purplish fluid in the glasses was but at this point I didn’t really care. I thanked him for the drink, picked it up and downed nearly half of it. He looked at me strangely but didn’t say a word, instead he drank some of his and then pulled me over to his friends. There were quite a few of them and I couldn’t catch all of their names because of the loud music. They all seemed friendly enough though so I greeted them with a smile and took another gulp of my drink.

A few hours and a lot of drinks later I found myself being helped out of the club. My one arm was slung around Ned’s neck and his arms were wrapped tightly around my waist, keeping me up.

“I don’t think you should be driving, you can crash at my place then we’ll come get your car in the morning,” I heard him say and nodded my head in agreement. I knew it was a bad idea but for some reason I just couldn’t get myself to object. My head was spinning, my throat was burning and I was barely managing to keep my eyes open as he helped me into his car.