(14) Deadly Desires

Deadly Desires

Chapter 14

Finding Ivy wasn’t the easiest thing to do, it took me a full three weeks to track her down. I found her in a motel, covered in blood and surrounded by bodies. She was acting like a crazy person and instead of hating me she started crying when she saw me and begged me to help her.

“Yeah sure,” I said, knowing that I was lying. She didn’t seem to know though. She threw her arms around me and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back but it wasn’t an act. I really do love her and I always will. I know that nothing she has done was her fault, it was all mine and I had to fix it.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered in her ear while she was hugging me.

“It’s ok,” she managed to say through the tears. I guess she thought I was apologizing for leaving her, I wasn’t though. I was apologizing for what I was going to do.

I really didn’t want to do it but I had no choice, I couldn’t let it go on so I took a deep breath and grabbed a hold of the knife I had in my back pocket. It wasn’t a huge blade but it would do, I just have to hit the right spot. I didn’t want her to suffer.

When she let go of me I took a quick step back and stabbed the knife right into her heart. Her eyes grew big with surprise and then an ear piercing scream escaped her mouth. I hoped that nobody heard but there wasn’t much I could do about it anyway.

It didn’t take her long to die, maybe a minute or so. I felt really guilty but it had to be done.

“I forgive you,” she whispered before she closed her eyes for the final time. I gulped back my tears, wiped my eyes and then went on my way.

I didn’t bother hiding the bodies, I wasn’t planning on sticking around for much longer so I figured it didn’t really matter if they were found.

I took a quick look in the mirror to see if my clothes were still clean, which they were so without another thought I walked out of the motel, got in my car and headed off toward Ned’s house. It was a long drive, probably about half a day or so and by the time I arrived in the town he lives I was really tired and hungry.

I found a little garage and mini market that stayed open all night and bought myself some food, a pen and some paper. I didn’t bother finding a motel, I just stayed in the car, eating my food, writing the letter for the cops and then taking a long sleep.

When I woke up the next morning I felt refreshed. It was a new day and everything looked prettier. The sky was a clear blue and the air seemed fresh. I took a deep breath and then sighed with relief, soon everything would be over. I wasn’t scared of what I was going to do anymore. I knew it was the right thing so instead of freaking out, I changed my clothes, wanting to look as pretty as possible. I’m not sure why but I didn’t see any harm in it and it felt good to look good for a change.

I didn’t need the car anymore so I decided to take a walk into town.  The first thing I did was order myself breakfast and then I post the letter. I felt even more enthusiastic about my little plan after doing that so I headed straight over to Ned’s house.

He wasn’t at home though but I didn’t mind waiting. He only got home later in the afternoon and when he saw me sitting outside his door, his eyes lit up.

“I thought you had forgotten about me,” he said as he approached me.

“Impossible, although I did manage to lose you number,” I replied as I got to my feet.

He invited me in and seemed to be really happy to see me. I doubted that his good mood was going to last though.

“How did you get here? I didn’t see your car outside,” he asked as we made our way into the living room.

“I walked,” I replied, smiling happily, it was almost over.

“Oh,” was all he said, sounding a bit surprised.

We spent the next few minutes making small talk and then I decided that it was time to do what I came to do.