(8) Deadly Desires

Deadly Desires

(Sequel to Demonic Seduction)

Chapter 8

We drove right through the night, only stopping to get something to eat and then taking off again. I didn’t want to stop, feeling afraid of what might happen, of what I might be forced to do. The more I thought about everybody I killed the guiltier I felt. If it wasn’t for the fact that Ivy was sitting right next to me, looking at me worriedly I might have had some sort of nervous breakdown by now.

As morning approached I could feel the atmosphere in the car changing. Ivy wasn’t just worried about me anymore. She was worried about where we were going to find our next sacrifice. I couldn’t blame her considering her life depended on it but I just couldn’t imagine killing another person.

“We have to stop and find somebody,” Ivy stated softly, knowing that I will know exactly what she is talking about.

“I know but I’m not sure that I can do it,” I replied, keeping my eyes on the road ahead of me, not feeling brave enough to face her at the moment.

“You have to! Or I’ll die,” she half yelled, her voice filled with panic, causing my heart to break for my sister who I love more than anything. I didn’t stop driving though, knowing that as soon as I do I will be faced with having to kill somebody and I just couldn’t do it anymore.

I could hear Ivy’s breathing start to accelerate and quickly glimpsed over at her before focusing my attention back on the road. She was deathly pale and I could tell that she probably only had a few minutes left. If I was going to do something I had to do it now but I just kept on driving, feeling confused and afraid.

“We have to stop now!” Ivy yelled from beside me as she slammed her foot down on the brakes. The car skidded across the road and barely missed crashing into a tree as it came to a sudden stop.

I looked over at Ivy, my heart pounding in my chest and noticed the desperation in her eyes but that’s not all that I noticed. Her eyes were filled with the same evil that Dante’s held. It was the first time that I noticed it but there was no mistaking, maybe I was just too caught up with everything to notice before.

I kept her gaze for a second and then as if injected with some new source of energy I frantically scrambled out of the car.

“I can’t do it,” I said as I started backing away from the car. Ivy got out as well and started making her way over to me.

“Do you want me to die?” she asked, her voice full of emotion.

“Of course not,” I replied as my eyes started tearing up. I was so confused, I had no idea what to do.

“Then help me,” she begged. I nodded my head in agreement and slowly started making my way back to the car to get the keys. Once I had them in my hands I walked around to the back and unlocked the trunk.

The man was unconscious but breathing so I grabbed a hold of him and pulled him out of the trunk, letting him fall to the ground. He hit it with a loud thud, causing his eyes to flicker open and settle on me. He looked horrified so I turned around and continued to get a weapon from the car. I settled on the gun, figuring it would be the fastest and easiest.

“Hurry up!” Ivy’s panicked voice said from behind me. I turned around and looked at her. I could see that if I didn’t do something now she would die. Her skin was a ghastly grey color and the black circles around her eyes were growing bigger by the second. She was standing against a tree, holding on to it for support.

I could just see the sun on the horizon but luckily the sky was overcast making it a very dark morning. I looked down the road we were travelling on just a few minutes ago to make sure that nobody was coming and then walked over to the man.

He was still lying exactly where I left him, struggling but not getting anywhere. We had tied him up real good. I took a deep breath and pointed the gun at his head but I couldn’t pull the trigger. His eyes were begging me not to kill him and I just couldn’t get myself to do it.

“I sacrifice you so that I can live,” I heard Ivy’s voice say as she came out of nowhere and stabbed the man right in the chest. He didn’t die immediately so she kept on stabbing him over and over again until her skin started changing back to its normal color.

I couldn’t move as I watched in horror. The memories of everybody I killed flashing through my mind. I’m not sure how long I just stood there staring at him but it was Ivy’s voice that pulled me back to reality.

“We have to go,” she said as she got to her feet, the knife still in her hand. I ignored her words, falling to my knees next to the man who was now lying in a pool of blood, his dark eyes staring coldly out at the sky.

I never liked the man considering he was willing to pay for Ivy to entertain him back at the motel but I still felt incredibly guilty. He didn’t deserve to die. I lifted my hand and closed his eyes, wondering how I was ever going to make things right again but knowing there was no way I could.

That’s when I noticed his wallet lying on the ground not too far away from me. It must have fallen from his pocket when I pulled him out of the car.

“Come on hope!” Ivy yelled, her voice desperate. I knew she was right. We had to get as far away from here as possible so I quickly grabbed a hold of the valet and then got to my feet.

“We have to move the body out of sight,” I said as I walked over to it and grabbed a hold of his feet. Ivy didn’t reply but quickly took a hold of his arms and helped me carry him into the woods next to the road. We didn’t go very far, only wanting to get him out of sight. Once that was done we covered the pool of blood with sand and then got back into the car.

We quickly put away the weapons and then tried to cover our blood stained clothes with blankets and jackets before we took off again. As soon as we were driving Ivy calmed down and started singing along with some song that was playing on the radio but I couldn’t get myself to relax. I knew what I had seen in her eyes earlier and I was terrified.