(10) Deadly Desires

Deadly Desires

(Sequel to Demonic Seduction)

Chapter 10

I drove right through the night, only stopping at a gas station the next morning. I filled up the car and then bought some snacks. I didn’t really feel like eating but I knew I had to so I settled for a breakfast bar and a soda.

Eating helped me feel a bit more awake since I’ve been driving the whole night but it didn’t help with my nerves at all. With every second that passed I got closer to meeting this guy and I had no idea what I was going to tell him or if I was going to be able to handle coming face to face with him.

I reached the address I was looking for at around six pm. It seemed like an alright neighborhood and although the house was small it was pretty and gave off a homey feel. I switched off my car and took a deep breath before getting out and locking the door behind me.

I slowly walked up the driveway and came to a stand before the brown wood door. I was contemplating whether I should actually ring the bell or make a run for it when the door flew open and I was greeted by a very hot guy. I could tell that it was the same guy from the photo but he was definitely a bit older and much hotter. His dark hair was longer then in the photo and hung messily in his face as his sparkling green eyes looked at me questioningly.

“Hi,” I choked, caught completely by surprise.

“HI,” he chuckled, looking amused.

“I…, I…, uhm,” I stuttered, unable to form a proper sentence.

“Can I help you?” he questioned, grinning, obviously finding my behavior quit fascinating.

“Uhm, yeah, I mean no,” I replied, confused as to what to say. I couldn’t exactly tell him the truth, but what could I say? I had to give him a reason as to why I was standing on his doorstep.

“I’m lost and my phone isn’t working, I was wondering if I could maybe use your phone,” I stated.

“Yeah, sure,” he replied, still grinning as he stepped aside so that I could enter.

Once I was inside he closed the door behind me and led me to the kitchen.

“Go ahead,” he said, pointing to the phone that was mounted to the wall.

“Thanks,” I replied and watched as he took a seat at the kitchen table.

I had no idea who I was going to call as I lifted the receiver. All my friends and family are dead and even if they weren’t I couldn’t risk calling them after what I had done. The only thing I could come up with was dialing my own cell phone which meant I wound up having a whole conversation with my voicemail since I’ve turned it off. Luckily for me I have become a really good liar and when I hung up and told him that everything was sorted out and I knew where to go, he believed me.

He walked me out and then locked the door behind us.

“Thank you,” I said again, wishing I could think of a way to spend more time with him.

“It’s cool,” he replied with a grin and then took off towards a car standing in the driveway.

I didn’t want him to go but I knew there was nothing I could do at the moment so I walked to my car, got in and started it. I waited for him to take off and then slowly followed behind, hoping to learn more about him.