(5) Demonic Seduction

Demonic Seduction

Chapter 5

An eerie howling sound filled the room for a few seconds and then disappeared at the same time as the burning candle's flames went out leaving the room in complete darkness. As all of this happened Jerry stopped chanting and I felt a shiver of feat run down my spine.

"Jerry?" I whispered softly.  

"Keep quiet and sit still," Came his reply. I expected him to tell me to switch on the light or something but not to sit still. I kept quite as instructed but with every passing second I could feel my heart beating faster and faster.

We must have sat like that in complete darkness and silence for at least five minutes when an ear piercing scream filled the room. I recognized the voice immediately, it was Ivy.

"Ivy!?" I yelled jumping to my feet in a panic. I was about to run to the light switch when I felt two arms close tightly around me.  

"Don't move," Jerry whispered softly into my ear, all the calmness in his voice was gone. Ivy let out another scream that was shortly followed by sobs. I knew something was very wrong and I had to help her but the more I struggled the tighter Jerry held on to me.

It took a while but eventually Ivy's sobs faded only to be replaced by my own. The candle's flames flickered to life and my window opened allowing a fresh breeze to enter the room.

"It's gone," Jerry said releasing me and switching on the light.  

"What happened? Where is she? Where is my sister?" I yelled through my tears.  

"I'm not sure how this happened Hope. Something came through with her and it did something to her," Jerry replied scanning the room and putting out the candles.  

"I have to talk to her, we have to do it again," I said walking over to him and sitting down on the floor. Jerry looked up at me with a sympathetic expression on his face.  

'We can't," He said nervously.  

"What do you mean we can't?" I questioned feeling overwhelmed.  

"She's gone Hope, that thing took her soul. I could feel her spirit being crushed and disappearing. She's gone foreve.r"

His words stung my heart like a knife. Ivy was gone forever. I knew that she was dead and that things would never be the same again but at least I would have been able to communicate with her every now and again with Jerry's help. I could feel her presence with me all the time and I always knew she was waiting somewhere for me until we could be together again. I had so many things to tell her and so many questions to ask her but now I will never get that chance.

"I'm sorry," Jerry said as he sat down next to me and pulled me into his arms. I don't like people seeing my week side but at the moment I really didn't care. I had just lost the most important person in my life for the second time and this time it was permanent. I cuddled into his arms and let my tears flow.

I held on to Jerry for a very long time not wanting to let him go. I didn't want to be alone and now that Ivy was gone I wouldn't even have her presence to keep me company.