(12) Deadly Desires

Deadly Desires

Chapter 12

I woke up with a pounding headache, my mind racing to recall what happened last night as I sat up and took in my surroundings. I was in a bedroom that I had never seen before. The door was closed and there were clothes scattered across the floor. I quickly looked down at myself to make sure I was still fully clothed. I was, except for my shoes that were missing. I sighed with relief but forced myself up and out of the bed anyway. I was far from safe yet. I had no idea where I was and I had no memory of what happened last night. The last thing I can remember is dancing with Ned, after that it is all a blank.

I approached the door with caution, having no idea what lied behind.  The odds are that I was safe but considering what’s happened over the last few days and what I’ve done, I needed to be careful. I pulled open the door but at the same time somebody pushed from the other side, causing me to lose my balance, fall backwards and land on my bum. I half screamed half groaned as I looked up to see Ned standing in front of me. He gave me a once over and then burst out laughing.

“It’s not funny,” I complained but couldn’t help but smile. His laugh is infectious.

“Actually, it is,” he replied, holding his hand out to me. I took it hesitantly and he pulled me to my feet.

“Are you ok?” he asked when he finally stopped laughing.

“Not really, I feel like crap,” I answered honestly.

“You bum or your head?” he asked, grinning.

“Both,” I replied, noticing how comfortable I felt around him.  Too bad I couldn’t’ stick around, it would be nice to be able to be normal and happy again but I honestly don’t think that will ever be possible for me after what I’ve done.

“Do you remember anything from last night?” Ned asked me as I followed him out of the room.

“Not much, how did I get here?” I asked.

“I drove you, we’ll have to go fetch your car today,” he answered, causing my insides to flip. My car was still at the club with all of my weapons in it.

“Can we go now?” I questioned, trying to sound as calm as possible.

“We could but we’re not going to, first you need to eat something,” he replied.

He made me wait while he made us breakfast and with every second that passed I got more nervous. What if somebody found the car? What if they found Ned’s dad’s wallet? They would come to his house and then I’d be screwed. It only took him ten minutes to make the bacon toast and eggs and it only took us twenty minutes to eat and clean up but it felt like hours had passed when we finally started making our way back to the club.

We drove in silence, it felt awkward and I wanted to talk to him but I was too afraid. My nerves were on edge and I was scared that I might say the wrong thing.

When we arrived at the club he pulled into the parking next to my car and my body literally filled with relief when I saw it. I jumped out of his car and ran to the driver’s side of my car, peaking inside to make sure everything was still there.

“You seem like you’re in a hurry to get away from me,” Ned stated from behind me, causing me to spin around and knock into him. This time he managed to catch me before I fell and when I looked up our faces were very close. I sucked in my breath and I could feel myself blushing. This was a really embarrassing situation.

“I… uhm,” I mumbled, unable to form a proper sentence once again.

“You what?’ he asked, grinning at me.

“I need to get home” I answered, removing me myself from his grip

“Ok, but will I see you again?’ he asked looking hopeful.

 I wanted to scream yes but I wasn’t sure of anything at the moment so I had to contain my excitement. I wasn’t sure why I was even excited, it’s not like I even knew him.

“Maybe,” I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

“Can I at least have your phone number?” he asked, taking a step closer to me.

“How about you give me yours?” I asked in return. I couldn’t exactly give him my phone number since I switched it off. He didn’t look to sure about the idea but went back to his car, searched around for a pen and then wrote his number on my hand. I could tell that he knew the odds of me phoning him were very little and the fact that he looked disappointed actually made me feel a bit better. I knew that there was no way I could ever be with him but knowing that he liked me and wanted to see me again manages to lift my spirits a bit.