(9) Deadly Desires

Deadly Desires

(Sequel to Demonic Seduction)

Chapter 9

A few hours later we stopped at a garage and I quickly went inside the shop to ask for the bathroom keys. The man behind the counter looked at me strangely but handed them to my anyway. I was thankful that he didn’t ask any questions about my obviously dirty appearance and quickly ran out of the shop before he could. Ivy was waiting for me outside with some clothes so we quickly entered the bathroom and locked the door behind us.

We washed ourselves in silence and then changed into some clean clothes. I felt much better after doing this but I was far from being ok. I was freaking out on the inside and all I could think about was the evil look in Ivy’s eyes and the dead man’s wallet that I hid in my purse.

I didn’t really feel like making myself look pretty under the circumstances but that is exactly why we had to do it. If we got pulled off or ran into some cops we wanted to look like two normal teenagers and normal teenage girls usually care how they look so we brushed our hair, added some make up and then headed back to the shop. I gave the keys back to the man and then we quickly bought some food and filled the car with gas before leaving.

We didn’t talk much and I could tell that it was bothering Ivy but I just didn’t know what to say to her. I was way too confused and scared and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn’t make sense of anything.

At around eight we stopped at a motel and booked a room for the night. It was small but it didn’t matter, we were only going to sleep in it after all.  I let Ivy take a shower first and then when she was done I locked myself in the bathroom. I knew I couldn’t lock everything that had happened and everything that I have done out but it felt good to be alone for a few minutes. It gave me some time to think and figure out what to do next.

By the time I was done showering I had made up my mind. I couldn’t do it anymore. I couldn’t have the death of any more people on my conscience. I was going to leave and try to start over somewhere else.  I had no idea where I was going to go or if I was even going to be able to move on with my life after everything that had happened but I had to try. I couldn’t stand the idea of killing anymore people.

I also knew that there is a very good chance of me being caught and that no sane person would believe me about what really happened but that can happen anyway if I stick with Ivy. In fact there is a much bigger chance of getting caught since we’ll be killing somebody every day.

Ivy tried making conversation with me which made me feel guilty for what I was going to do but I had made up my mind. I really do love her but I just couldn’t continue doing what we were doing. She is going to have to survive on her own from now on.

She fell asleep at around ten but I waited until eleven before I made my escape. I didn’t want to leave her with nothing so I only took half of the money and then made my escape. I felt guilty for taking the car but I had to get away and walking wasn’t an option.

I took off in a random direction, wondering where I was going to go when I remembered the dead man’s wallet in my purse. A sudden urge to go through it filled my body so without thinking I pulled to the side of the road and took it out of my purse.

My hands were shaking as I opened it and by the time I was done going through it I was crying. He had a photo of himself standing with a guy about my age inside of it and I knew it was his son. I hated myself for taking this strange guy’s dad away from him and that is when I decided that I had to go see him.

The man’s address was on his license card so I quickly memorized it, turned the car around and started driving. It was quite a far way that I had to go and I had no idea what I was going to tell the guy once I got there but I knew I had to do it. I had to go meet this guy who’s father I helped kill just a few hours ago.