(23) Demonic Seduction

Demonic Seduction

Chapter 23

We quickly stopped at the garage and filled up the car with gas. We bought a bag full of crisps, chocolates and all sorts of sweets and sodas. When we were done we hopped back into the car headed to the freeway. I was bubbling with excitement from head to toe. I don’t think I have ever been so happy in my entire life.

The road wasn’t busy so I settled back in my seat trying to calm myself down.

“I bet you’ve got some questions for me” Ivy said as she searched through the bag looking for something to eat.

“Only like a million or so” I replied laughing. She laughed with me as she opened a bar of chocolate and took a bite.

“God, you don’t know how good this tastes” She moaned sounding like she was in heaven. I looked at her and smiled at her expression, she was happy and she was alive!

“Go on, ask away” She stated taking another bite.

“Ok, well, I don’t even know what to ask. I want to know everything, from the beginning” I said grabbing the chocolate from her and taking a bite before handing it back, she laughed at me reminding of the way things used to be before everything happened.

“The whole story could take very long, how about I just give you the interesting parts?” She asked throwing the wrapper out of the window.

“Ok, just start talking. I want to know what happened” I stated excitedly.

“I never crossed over when I died, I stayed with you. I was scared and I felt so alone that I just spent every day watching you. It made me feel better to know that you were missing me as well. I met Dante in purgatory, he was a demon but I’m sure you know that. He used to live on earth but somehow he got killed, I don’t know how and I never bothered asking.” She said smiling at me before she continued.

“Unlike me he could appear to people for small amounts of time, he just needed somebody who would be willing to kill for him. When I heard that you were going to try to invoke my spirit I thought of an idea. You wouldn’t have been able to speak to me, I was too weak and I needed Dante to get back to you so I used him. If he could get you to sacrifice enough people he would heal and then he would have been able to call me back to earth. Of course I would have needed a body but I told him I wanted yours. He believed me and thought I was in love with him. He was very willing to help me considering how much he was going to be getting out of the deal. I was never planning on killing you, I was just using him to get back to you but I couldn’t let him see that until the end” She said and then turned up the volume of the radio and started singing along.

Her favorite song was playing and I couldn’t resist joining in with her singing. I could have asked her more questions but they didn’t matter anymore, she had told me what I wanted to know. She had missed me just as much as I had missed her and everything she did was so that she could get back to me.

“So what do we do now?” I asked as the song came to an end.

“We have as much fun as we can” She replied turning up the volume some more as another song started to play.

THE END