Arena

Percy Jackson

I woke up in the morning from an old nightmare of mine. The Second Titan War.

Now I had forgotten that it was last night and Issi was in my room, and she's a light sleeper. So she heard when I knocked down my glass of water. Luckily the others are heavy sleepers. But Issi shot straight up.

" What happened?" Issi asked me, seeing the broken glass.

" Just go back to bed," I comanded Issi," I'll take care of it."

So she silently went back to bed as I slipped out of bed, cleaned up the glass, threw it away, changed my cloths in the bathroom, and headed downstairs. Nobody else was awake. I was usually the first one up unless Haymitch or Effie are up before me. We were put in that arena today. Wow. Already we're heading in that place. What ever lied in there I hope was water. If not, I can turn some thing into water. Not a lot. But like grass, dirt, sand. The basics.

I ate some cereal, had a few pancakes, asked for them blue, and I got them blue. Reminding me of my mother. Gods, I hadn't seen her in forever. Still with Gabe last I checked. But that felt like a lifetime ago. Pretty much 3 years because I was only with them an hour maybe when the Rebellion ended. 

About an hour later I was staring out the parked train window, and I heard a few more people come down.

" Is it me," I heard Reyna said," Or did you hear something break, too?"

" I think so," Haymitch agreed with Reyna," But who would be awake to do it? I mean they inject you so you can't be wild in your sleep before the Games. When you enter the tube, it's another story, though."

" I had no nightmares," Reyna said.

" I haven't ever had them," Effie stated.

" Mean niether," Cinna told them.

" Not for years," Haymitch explained.

 " We have no other demigods other than four of us and Percy," Reyna was confused," And neither of us has had nightmares ever since the begginning of the Rebellion. About a year ago. "

Not really. They actually never stopped for me. They just weren't as vivid before. Last night, it was very vivid. But why? Could it be that I killed so many people in that war, and I feel like I'm just doing that again? There is some one, not my allie, that does remind of Luke. How do I do this? I know I'm not in a war. I know that.

" Well all the tributes have a family," Effie said when the guys walked to breakfast," Percy has Cinna and I guess other siblings, and then his fiancee. Issi has her parents, and four siblings. Who do you have? You never stated any family in your interview or any time before."

" I have a sister," Reyna told Effie," I dont' see her, but I have one. I don't know about my dad, and my mom is the goddess, so I never see her either way. Basicly if my sister gives up her position as a Amazon, I'll have family I know are alive and I see."

" What happened to your dad?" Effie asked.

" I ran away when I was like 12 or 10," Reyna told Effie," Both me and my sister. We ended up in this place called the Burmuda Triangle, and two people busted us out when I was 13."

" Who?"  Effie curiously asked Reyna, and I knew she pointed at me.

" Percy and Annabeth," Reyna told Effie," What they were doing in Burmuda, nobody would tell me after ten years. Everyone refuses to talk about it. Half of them haven't been around that long. They won't tell you anything there before the Giant War. Which is weird."