Show & Tell

Percy Jackson

Training went great, and tonight was the eve of the games. Interview night with the orignal Ceaser. He looked a lot like the other Ceaser I once knew. It was his grandfather. 

" And for our final interview of the night!" Ceaser said with a smile and excitement," Panem, please welcome Perseus Jackson of District Tweleve!"

I walked out in my outfit. It was a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt, on the back the symbol of District 12, and then then some tennis shoes and some jeans. Just like I would be at Camp Half-Blood again. It was home. But I was drawn. Now I know what Nico had been talking about in that video. Reyna was clueless of the gods when they asked her of her secrets. Just told them she was a open book.

Which in my opinion isn't even close to true.

But I sat down next to Ceaser in a really comfty chair, and started the interview.

" So Percy," Ceaser said," Compared to your fellow tributes, you're wearing a very plain outfit. Don't you want to make something of yourself tonight if you don't live in the Games?"

" I will," I told Ceaser," Maybe not with my look, but I will. Don't worry."

" Well you're from District 12," Ceaser said," Not much there. I was never in that area with the states. But I hear nothing much."

" Well depends really on what you know and what you see," I told Ceaser," So I can't really say much about it turning to 12 other than the job changes."

" Well you got a very nice 12 on your evaluation," Ceaser said," Aside you, the highest was Reyna with a 9. How did you get so high?"

" Let's just say I have experience," I told Ceaser," And you'll notice that in the arena."

" Okay, then," Ceaser said," But one thing we're all anxious to hear about. First of all, do you have any fatal flaws you know about?"

" One," I told Ceaser.

" And that is. . .?" Ceaser asked me, unpaitent.

" It's something called loyalty," I told Ceaser," I've had a problem with my loyalty for years."

" Well being loyal is a good thing," Ceaser exclaimed," I mean, how can it be a bad thing?"

" I was once told," I explained to Ceaser," That to save a friend, I would sacrifice the world. And I've come close to doing that for many of my friends."

" Wow," Ceaser said," But now, any secrets? Are you like Reyna? An open book."

" Nope," I told Ceaser," I have secrets. One to tell everyone in Panem. So if you're watching, listen. This is important, and I will not write this down or repeat it."

" Alright," Ceaser said," You even have the presidents attention and your own teams. Secrets?"

I hesitated, and spoke.

" As kids," I said," I'm sure everyone at least in this room was taught of the Anceint Lands. Rome, Greece, maybe Norse or Egyptian. Yes, no?"

" I remember those well," Ceaser answered me," The Greek and Romans Anceint History were always my favorite. That is, until a Greek shot me in the chest."

Now I was wearing long sleeves, and I had this idea/

" Good," I told Ceaser," So being familiar with that, are you Christan or Jewish?"

" Christan."

" Got it," I told Ceaser," Have you made friends with any one that is neither?"

" None."

" But you're friends with the designers aren't you?" I curiously asked Ceaser," The drawers, the mentours. . ."

" Of course," Ceaser told me," But they're all Christan."

" I can name 3," I told Ceaser," Who are niether."

" Who?"

" Cinna, Haymitch, Effie."

I could imagine their jaws dropping right now. Expecially Haymitch and Effie.

But Ceaser just looked at me," Go on. . . "

" When I was twelve," I started," I learned the gods of Olympous are real, and sometimes they have children with mortals called half-blood, and I'm one. Now at first I didn't believe it. But in the past nine years it's come in with me, and I have accepted that I am indeed a demigod. And so are four other people here tonight."

I heard four people yell from the front row.

" NO!"

" Sorry, guys," I told them," Order of the gods."

" Who?" Ceaser anxiously asked me.

" Well from District 9," I said," Reyna. Then from 12 aside me, would be Haymitch, Effie, and Cinna. Usually I wouldn't tell anyone this. But when the god of dead, god of the sea, and god of the sky tell you to, it's another story."

Ceaser let out a tiny laugh," That is true. But what is your proof?"

" Let's see if this will convince you," I told Ceaser," There is a pool behind this curtain, correct?"

" Yeah," Ceaser said," Are you going to swim for us?"

" Not exactly," I told Ceaser as the curtain pulled, and it showed the biggest pool I have ever seen, and I heard some one come on the stage.

" Percy," it was Reyna when I glanced," Don't do it. We're already going to die in the arena."

" Sorry," I told Reyna," But I'm not going to die, and this just might help me."

I dove in to the bottom, and I could hear them from down here, at the dead bottom with my bubble, trying to find the dead center of the bottom.

" Did he just kill himself?" Ceaser asked curiously I heard.

" I wish!" I heard Reyna said," I don't know what he was thinking, but then again, we didn't call him Kelp Head for nothing, either."

I found the dead center, concentrated, and let the water just do it's thing, and the next thing I knew I was in a hurricane above water. Completly dry was the best part. I saw Cinna, Effie, and Haymitch, with the biggest grins ever on their faces. Cinna gave me a thumbs up. I saw Reyna down there, mad as Hades. And Ceaser just store as the storm calmed, I went back down, and swam back up.

Of course Reyna slaps me. But I was sort of expecting it from some one.

" I said no for a reason!" Reyna agrued with me, she was just pissed. Simple as that.

" And I don't want to be dead, a wind, and able to drown," I told Reyna," The gods told me to do it. If they didn't, I never would've said anything. You should've really saw it coming, though. I mean with two wars, and the peace and well, gods starting to grow weak."

" War was normal," Reyna continoued on arguing," This isn't. The Hunger Games are stupid. Panem, stupid. The gods, stupid. Demigods. STUPID!"

' So you're calling youself stupid," I told Reyna," You realize the gods are warching, right? Both forms, too. Even your mother."

" Like I give a crap." Reyna told me," Let them watch, we'll end up dead, anyway. I swear to gods, Percy Jackson, I'm going to kill you in that arena tommorow if it's the last thing I do. You hear me? I will kill you, and don't underestimate it. Got it?"

That ended my interview.