Reap

Percy Jackson

I woke up in the morning, got on my usual cloths, grabbed my bow and arrow, which I could shoot really well now. It was about 5. Annabeth still sleeping, so I headed out to the woods. Katniss or Gale might be out there by now. All my other friends from Camp aside those two, Peeta, Cinna, Haymitch, Effie, and Annabeth were in other Distrcts. It sucked. 

I found Katniss in a  tree, and she came down.

" Came to find a squrriel?" Katniss asked me.

" To do something other than sleep," i told Katniss," Nightmares are just getting worse/"

" Why?" Katniss asked me," I mean, the rebellion wasn't that bloody. And there wasn't nothing to give nightmares before."

" Not for you," I told Katniss," I'm a whole 'nother story I might tell you one day. But don't count on it."

" What ever,' Katniss said, and we caught a turkey. But that's it. By the time we got the turkey, it was Reaping time. Gods, I was scared about this. mHaymitch was at least a mentour, Effie caller, and Cinna designed. SO if I got drawn, I was with people I knew.

We headed down, I put my name in, and stood in line next to Annabeth and Gale. First year age doesn't matter. You got drawn, you got drawn. To bad.

" Ladies first," Effie Trinket said, and as before walked over to the female glass bowl that was very large, mixed it around with her hand, and picked out a name.

" Issi Jiem," Effie read, and a girl with red hair and grey eyes came up.

" And now the gentlemen," Effie said, and walked over to the men bowl of names. Mixed it around, and picked out a name. I was expecting a random name. But just my luck.

" Per-" Effie said, like depressed or something," Perseus Jackson."

I hesitated, put on my staight face, squeezed Annabeth's hand, let go, and walked up as the Peacekeepers escorted me up.

" All right," Effie said," Our tributes from District Twelve for the first Annual Hunger Games!"

She tried to sound excited, but I heard the disappointment. We never got a chance to say goodbye. Just straight to the train. Where Haymitch and Cinna were waiting. Issi went straight to her room, and they just looked at me.

" Again?" Cinna asked me.

" Not my fault," I said," It's where they put my name."

" Please tell me you have the heart to kill random strangers," Haymitch said.

" Ecpecially in this," I told them," I still haev the kick from the past war in me,m plus the 21 years before hand."

" Good," Cinna said," You're gonna need it."

The train ride to the Capitol went really quick, and before I knew it, training was starting. We had gone through the entrances to the Games. Now it was time for the Games to really happen. With President Ice.

" Any advice, Haymitch?" Issi asked Haymitch the day training started.

" Stay alive," Haymitch told Issi and myself, and Effie, Cinna, and myself smiled. That's what we used to say.

" How about for Percy?" Issi asked.

" Just keep doing what you know to do," Haymitch told me," You know what you're doing here."

I allied with Jan Lii, from 9, Uara, from 2, and Reyna, the Reyna I've known, from 3. . . .

" We're going to have to kill each other," Reyna said.

" i don't think I can really do that,'  I told Reyna, being honest about it.

 " Same here," Reyna told me," So in the end we split up?"

" Sounds good," I said," That way we don't kill each other."

When training started Percy learned something. Almost all of these people aside his allies had no fighting skills or any other skills to survive in the wild for that fact. So I made good allies. But I was stuck going last being the boy from 12. Everyone just looked at me when I stepped up.

" I'm guessing another faliure," The girl from one said, and I ignored that as I took my sword, an exact replica of Riptide made of titanium made by Hephatus himself. An exact replica. So it turned into a pen.

It was so easy to kill these things, and because over half of the tributes started asking to be allies. But I stuck to who I had.

" You chose the oddest out of the other 23," Haymitch told me.

" They at least show some fighting ability or some skill to survive in the wild. You kind of need that when you get allies."

Haymitch and the others didn't argue with me, knowing some times I can very easily get mad and they know how I fight, So we went to eat.

" I don't know why," Haymitch told us," But they want both of you to sepratly sing a song you wrote, and it can't be against the capitol in any way. Sorry, Percy, but it can't."

" Why are you saying that at all?" Issi asked.

" Don't ask and you'll be just fine," I explained to Issi, and when I headed up to my room I was alone until I heard my name.

" Percy. . " a voice said, scaring me, and I turned around.

It was my dad, Zues was the one who had spoken, and Hades was also with them.

" Yeah?" I asked them, why were they here? I mean I can see my dad being here. Not Hades or Zues. At all.

They explained something to me. A job. They already given the job to Jason and Nico, and they figured since I had my interview the eve of the Games, and the gods were starting to weaken, I would expose them. They asked me to do it. And offered me to be a god. Again.

" Okay," I said, not knowing Haymitch, Effie, and Cinna were right outside the door, and could hear me," I thought I made this clear last time you asked, but no. I'm good being half-mortal."

After that the three gods left, and walked in the other three.

" Who was that?" Effie asked me.

" Just a few visitors," I told them, lying.

" Okay, then. . . ' Haymitch said," What was that offer to be a god thing then?"

Crap. They caught me.

" Long story," I told them," Happened years ago."

" You've told us every frikkin detail of your life," Issi told me," Never one have I heard you say you were offered something."

" We'll you learn a lot more soon," I told Issi, and she left, and they asked who was really here. Since Issi was here I had to lie. Now she was gone.

" Oh, you know," I said," Just Zues, Poseidon, and Hades."

" Why?" Cinna spoke.

" The gods are losing their powers," I told them," They had this job for Jason and Nico since I'm here in the Games, and they gave me a job to do in the Games. Trust me, you'll know it when you see it."

They will. I know it.

But how do I tell Panem? If they think I'm pulling some big joke on the whole country, it's no doubt they'll kill me. But Cinna had a trick for my outfit. He wanted to do something with water. Because water is where I'm strongest and can control.

Water. . . .