Peace

Percy Jackson

It was the middle of the night, August. I was starting to pull out of my nightmare when I hear this.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I flung awake, and so did Cinna under me, and Tyson on the other bunk.

" It's time," I annouced as we threw on the outfits. I had the one from the Hunger Games, Tyson had his hunting outfit from Panem, and Cinna had a extra outfit they give for the Hunger Games for him, and everyone outside.

Peacekeepers scrammed the camp as we fought, and some of us made it to the city with struggle. I was one of them. 

Now as we fought in the city there was this man, I didn't know him, but he was kill right in front of Katniss. So many people had been killed in the first 24 hours. Luckily my family was still alive, and so Katniss's family. And the problem is that Katniss wasn't thinking of this like it was. SHe was thinking of it as a trip. SO was Cinna, Effie, Peeta, Haymitch, and Gale.

" Please, Percy," Katniss begged," Just help us get through this trip."

" This trip doesn't end when you get home," I told them being honestly," You will always be on this train. It won't stop. This trip doesn't end when you get home."

" Then what do you we do?" Cinna asked me.

" From now on your job is to be a distraction," I told them in a calm voice," So people forget what the real problems are."

It was true, I've been doing it. Chiron had left. But I realized I would have to explain to my family, and my phone that I got anyway was going off. Texts wondering where I was. Why was I late home?

So I told them to keep fighting them, and I went to my mom's place. Before I put the key in I heard them talking.

" He's been gone for war before," my mom told them," I don't think it's traffic."

" Maybe a monster," Taylor said.

" Or maybe it's just that they have to just do a few things and he'll be here in an hour," Erik said.

" Gods I hope so," my mom said. This must be hard on her. I mean I was home five months before returning to Camp Half-Blood.

I opened the door, and they were overjoyed to see me.

" Your back, finally," Taylor said, and I didn't hear one of her friends walk in that didn't know I was a demigod.

" And I don't have much time, either," I told them.

" What?" Erik asked me," WHy?"

" Don't tell anyone," I told them," But we're in a rebellion now. Just like the wars from a few years ago against Kronos and Gaea wanting to take over, but it's mortals wanting to making a new country called Panem, and we are stuck fighting them."

" What happens if you die, though?" Taylor aske,d" I mean, I've known you getting to a year, but you're still my brother."

" I won't die," I told them," If I live, I'll send a signal. Something blue. I've survived the worst. I don't think an army of mortals are going to kill me if Kronos didn't."

 " Makes sense," Taylor said," If you can like you swim. . . ."

After five minutes I had to leave. Before monsters or Peacekeepers started attacking. Those people don't keep peace like they say.

We fought for almost another 2 years. It wasn't like fighting Kronos. A week.

I'm 20 now. Still fighting. Gods, I hope this will end soon. My family is still alive, but. . . . . they don't know I am.