Wars-Part Four

Taylor

We all sat down. The whole family was here. Dad, Mom, my Jason, Hannah, all the Unkles, Aunts, cousins, my grandparents on Dad's side. Percy's dad had come. And two other people. His ex-step-parents I guess. But what ever.

" Shocking news from the Capitol," a woman said on TV," President Rain has surrendered against Perseus Jackson and his army. Rain states because he's already lost well over 1000 in almost a month, and he can't risk sending any more. Jackson gets his country back. Obama is back as President to finish his office for another two years. The distrcts have gone back to states. No more Hunger Games. It's America once again. We are free once again. Percy isn't planning on anything to Rain and his fighters other than releasing them from the Government. Here's Jacob Lee with Percy right now."

The camera went over to a man with Percy, and behind them tons of people were celebrating.

" Percy," Jacob said," America is back, we are free once again. What are you going do after you celebrate?"

Percy was silent after a moment he spoke again.

" I don't know," Percy told Jacob," Help build a new home for all these people first. But outside that I don't know. Just let it take it course."

" Where is your family?" Jacob asked Percy, and we fell dead silent.

" I don't know right now," Percy told Jacob," My two brothers are behind us somewhere. I don't know about the rest. My wife is somewhere back there, too."

" He got married?" I asked, and everyone else just shrugged. How did we not know this stuff?

" What about your parents?" Jacob asked.

" Mom I don't know where she is," Percy told Jacob," I haven't seen her in 4 years I believe. My dad remains to busy. Being all over all the time. I'm hoping to find my mom and sisters and step-dad. But if I don't I guess I just won't see them."

" Well why did you turn it down when they asked you as president?" Jacob asked," Most people kill for that."

" I know people see me a leader," Percy told Jacob," But I lead in wars, battles. I don't lead countries. I'm not one to be a President. Outside war, other people can lead. I mean I've been asked if I wanted a throne before with my dad or if I wanted to lead a Legion into war. Now I had no chioce with the Legion, but I did for a throne, and honestly, I turned it down. Like I said before the Games, my flaw is loyalty. It would be dangerous if I went to office for America."

" ALright, then," Jacob said," That's all the time we have. But it was nice to talk to you. I'm Jacob Mason from Eyewitniss 7 News. Thanks for watching."

We turned off the TV, and Percy's fathers except my dad left. So now we would be in New York City. I just wonder if Percy would ever see us again. I missed him. But they were doing another show/ They were making Percy open it with a song ending the war. Everyone was invited. At Empire State Building in one hour. So we decided to go. See Percy again. Maybe he'll see us in the front row in the center. Hopefully he would reconize us.

When they annouced up Percy at the show he seemed happy, which I was glad to see. They let him make a little speech.

" I think I realized this when I was about 15," Percy said," At the time I was living with my mom and second step-dad, and I beleived that 15 wasn't a big year when everyone was taking it as a big deal because only year until I would be able to drive. But I thought I was supposed to die when I turned 16. SO it wasn't a big deal to me. I had known I was different before since I was about 12. But I turned 16, and I never died. It gave me the hope I have every time I end up fighting. I never considered when I started at age 12 that I would live to see 17. And after I never thought it would last to long. Now I can I made it half way. I'm halfway there, and I'm feeling good about it."