Chapter 5

I blinked a few times to keep the tears from falling out of my eyes. Feeling hopeless and clueless, I dashed out of the hall blindly. The moment I stepped out of the hall, streams of tears flew out uncontrollably. I kept looking at the floor, not wanting to see anyone along the way, only using my instinct to guide me along the path. I didn't know where I was heading but all I wanted was to get out of the hall, away from priest, away from everyone.

Somehow, I managed to bring myself to a garden. A huge garden surrounded by colorful flowers and trees. The sky was a clear blue, without a single cloud interrupting the beautiful scene. There was a swing connected to the tree with a lonely teddy bear sitting on it. I strolled towards the swing and picked up the fluffy teddy bear and hugged it tightly.

“Why is this happening to me?” I whispered to the bear knowing that it wouldn’t reply me. I didn’t care, I just needed someone to talk to, someone to pour my heart out to.

The strong sunlight shone on my diamond ring and it sparkled brightly. It didn’t belong to me; it didn’t feel right on my finger. I took it off and threw it away in the opposite direction. I didn’t need something which brought back bad memories. Depressed, I buried my face in the bears head, when I heard footsteps becoming louder and louder.

It stopped in front of me, but I didn't want to look up. My make-up was probably messed up thanks to my tears and I didn’t want to scare off the human in front of me.

 "That's my teddy bear," those words made me looked up. He’s not worried about me; he's worried about his teddy bear. How could he be so heartless?

 The angel stared at me with his cool grey eyes. I called him an angel because he was glowing. Technically, it was the bright light that shone behind him which made him glow. His hair was messed up by the strong wind and he smirked in triumph. When I realized why, my cheeks went red with embarrassment. He bent down to my eye level and wiped away my tears with his soft fingers. 

"Why is such a beautiful lady crying?" he drawled.  I blushed again at his unexpected compliment, wishing that Matt could be like him. Sweet and gentle. 

"I..." I uttered, but no words came from my mouth.

"Does this ring belongs to you?" he questioned, popping the ring out of nowhere. 

"Yes, it was mine." I reached out but he jerked his hand back. I was bemused and tilted my head to one side and scowled.

"Tears don’t suit you," he said in a judging tone and mimicked my scowl.

What does that have to do with my ring?

He moved back and wandered aimlessly around the garden. He was lost in his thoughts as his ocean eyes were fixed at the sky.

Abruptly, like there was a click in his mind, he averted his gaze to me. A sweet smile formed on his flawless face and he blurted, "Date me". 

It came off more like a statement than a question. For a moment, I felt joy in my fast, beating heart. My heart was screaming yes but my mind constantly warned me that I was married. I had a mini argument with myself in my head. Which to follow; heart or mind?

I decided to go for mind and told him, "I’m married". 

There's a part of me that was scolding myself for being a coward.  At the same time, a small part of me wished that he would not walk away because of this.

"Is there a rule saying that being married means you can’t date?" he inquired, with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"No", I replied truthfully. 

 'This guy is interesting' I thought.

Vote and comment !  xoxo. <3