Chapter 7

Warm, pleasant, heat enveloped me as I snuggled my head into a well-built and firm body. His sweet, musky scent was intoxicating and I found myself inhaling deeply every chance I could. The feeling was so lovely, secure and heavenly. So great that I wished I could stay there for eternity and never come out again.

  Opening my eyes, Matt’s face was an inch away from mine. His blonde hair looked soft and shiny, glimmering in the light as it covered part of his face adorably. He looked so cute and friendly in his sleep, but we all know it was the total opposite once he woke up.

  I panicked as I watched his eyes start to open. I uttered a yelp and pushed him away. Unfortunately, he landed on his butt, on the floor and cursed loudly, “Why the hell did you do that for?”

  He slowly stood up from the stone cold floor, while rubbing his butt. I was biting my lips to prevent myself from laughing out loud because it was too funny.

"I'm sorry, I reacted by instinct," I apologized sincerely as he narrowed his gaze and shot me daggers with his blue eyes.

  He scoffed and left to use the bathroom, leaving me behind in the room awkwardly. My lips pulled to the side as I was left wondering what I was supposed to do now. I took a quick glance at the small clock, which lay on the mini round table right beside my bed. It showed 7:45 am. Oh damn! I was going to be late for school. I jumped out of the bed and ran across the room and began knocking on the bathroom door impatiently, "Matt, I need to use the bathroom! Matt!"

  "What? Can't you just wait there patiently for five minutes?"

  "No, Matt, I can't. I'm going to be late soon!" I urged and kept banging on the door non-stop.

  "Stop banging on the goddamn door! And just give me five minutes," he shouted through the door.

  "NO! You only have five seconds before I open it!"

  "Wait—" I could hear the water turning off followed by things crashing to the floor one by one, like there was a war going on inside the room.

  "5!"

  "4!"

  "3!"

  "2…”

  The door swung open so quickly that I could feel a strong wind blow on my face.

  Matt stood there with his annoyed face dripping with water. His eyebrows were pulled together as he yelled, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

  I gulped and explained, "Nothing, but I really need to use this room. I'm going to be late for—"

  "Since you're already late, five more minutes doesn’t really change much."

  "But—"

  He shut the door right in my face and left me there speechless.

  Seriously, what a jerk! But even though he was quite a jerk, what he said was sort of the truth.

  I let out a deep breath dramatically, as I went back to bed and waited for him.

* * *

 I wore a white, plain, V-neck shirt, skinny jeans and put on a little bit ofmakeup and I ruffled my hair to make it look more presentable. I grabbed my phone and slung my bag over my shoulder, and put on my sturdiest pair of boots, I walked down the staircase with my heart beating at an abnormal speed, not knowing what was awaiting me at the bottom of the stairs.

  I tiptoed as I traveled down the stairs and I saw my Dad sitting at kitchen table with Matt’s father and a lady who I assumed was Matt’s mother. I scanned though the room and realized Matt was nowhere to be found.

  "Hi Dad," I greeted nervously.

   My dad took a sip of his English tea and looked up at me, "Hey darling, how’s your day so far?"

  "Fine." Who was I kidding? It’s freaking terrible and one of the worst to have happened in my life.

  "This is James, I believe you have met him before, and this is Rose, Matt’s mother." Matt’s mother gave me a warm smile with her sky blue eyes; twinkling with enthusiasm, the exact same shade as Matt’s.

  "Morning, Mr. and Mrs. Walker."

  "Call me Rose. Just Rose.” Rose stood up from her chair and brought me to the seat right beside her. “Come, sit here honey and I will bring you your pancakes,” she said as she turned towards the kitchen.

  "No. Wait. I really want to have breakfast with you, but I need to go to school,” I said, stopping her.

  “It’s only—” Rose began to reply as she looked at the clock hanging on the wall. Then, her smile fell slightly, but she quickly replaced it. “Sorry honey, I didn’t know it was this late, I’m sure Matt will give you a ride.”

  “Uh … okay … but where is Matt?”

  “Matt!” Rose shouted across the room.

  “What Mum!”

  “Give Lexi a ride to school!”

  “No!” Jerk!

  “Stop acting so childish! And get your butt down here!” Rose demanded while sending me a wink. I think I was starting to like her.

  Matt came through the doorway and glared at me, again. Does he have to glare at me 24/7?

  “Fine! Follow me.”

  “Bye everyone.” I waved as I quickened my pace to follow Matt.

  We reached the car in about a minute. It was a Ford GT, black in color. Honestly speaking, I didn’t know much about cars, but my dad was a huge car lover and he always made me watch Top Gear. Don’t get me wrong I love the part where they have all those silly challenges and races, but the moment they introduced the sport cars, I startedyawning non-stop. Cars are definitely not my thing. From what I heard this Ford GT was super hard to get and even my father kept whining about how he wished he could get one for himself.

  “Wow. Nice car,” I complimented.

  He scoffed at my words and started the engine. On the way to school, I looked outside the window, enjoying the natural beauty of the trees and the clear blue sky. All of a sudden, Matt warned, “Remember, when you reach school, do not mention to anyone about this marriage. Not even toyour best friends.”

  I gulped, “Alright, but why?”

  “Just don’t say anything about it! We will get into unwanted trouble if this spreads around the school. Especially me,” he responded with his blue eyes piercing into mine.

  “So, are you implying that I would bring down your reputation?” I hissed and glared at him. Why did he care so much about it? Was I really that bad?

  “Yes! And if you didn’t know, let me tell you! You are a fat, ugly, tomboy, and no one wants you!” he spat.

  “Hell no! I am not! I don’t wear makeup or wear slim fitting clothes like all the other girls, but that doesn’t mean I am a fat, ugly tomboy!” I snapped at him with tears threatening to come out again. I think I am going to become a crybaby whenever I was around him. His words were cruel, rude and mean. He had no right to say that to me! “And don’t you ever judge a book by its cover!” I added, poking his chest recurrently.

  This guy got on my nerves all of the time. What’s the worst part? He is my legal husband! How cliché could this be? It was as if I was living in some fairy tale where a poor girl turned into thebeautiful Cinderella. But the truth was. it was far worse than in those fairytales.I mentally cried in my headand asked Jesus what did I do in my past life causing me to live in this not-so-good fairy tale.

  Suddenly, there was a click in my mind. Maybe, I can really turn this situation into one of those drama shows. I needed a makeover to make him realize he was wrong. I needed to get a boyfriend to make him realize that at there was someone who wanted me, even if it counted as cheating. I would make him realize that he was going to lose me. Yes. The game is on.

 Remember to vote/comment/fan <3

tell me what you think (; 

, xoxo