Chapter 10

“He’s coming.” Ace’s voice brought me back to reality and I turned, preparing to see what chaos was going to happen now.

   Matt meandered his way to us infuriatingly. I tore my gaze lazily away from him and tried to find holes on the floor for myself to jump in. 

   "Come with me,” Matt spoke in a stern voice, colder than ice, eyes fixed deadly at Ace when he stood right beside me. I was about to argue but a honey-like voice cut me off, "Matt, I am yours, not her." Aces' ex slurred, pushing herself to Matt, and I made a disgusted expression seeing her boobs rub against Matt's arms. What was she thinking? Didn't she notice her ex, Ace, was right here? 

   Ace snickered and said bitterly, "Yes Vicky is yours, aren't you a little too greedy now?" He stood with his back facing me. He was defending me.  

   Matt yanked his arm off Vicky’s hand. "Go outside," he ordered Vicky but his dead glare never left Ace.  

   "I'm not leaving," Vicky purred and she went to wrap herself around his arm again. 

   "Ace, I don't like here, let's go somewhere else," I picked up my courage to speak for the first time. Holding Ace hand, I was preparing to leave Matt and the bitch there. 

   A hand gripped my shoulder and I was not surprised to see that it was Matt. I looked over my shoulder and asked coldly, "What?" 

   "Matt, can we-" Vicky began to purr again. 

   "Stop it and get out of my sight, you whore!" Matt spat at Vicky startling everyone. Vicky let go of his arm, and her mouth was quivering. Her glistened eyes were blinking with tears rolling down her cheeks. She covered her mouth and disappeared into the crowd.

   Now, it left the three of us and the tension here went from bad to worst. I didn't want to see them fighting. Especially Ace, I didn't want him to get into trouble because of me. 

   I released Ace hand and took a step towards Matt. I took a deep breath and uttered, “I’m coming with you.”

  "Lexi, you -" I stopped Ace and put on a reassuring smile, "It's alright," I whispered, soft enough only for him to hear.

  "I'll be fine." 

   A triumphant smile crawled up on Matt face, but Ace was too focused on me to notice it. He looked at me worriedly as if to tell me that I was making the wrong choice. I smiled sadly knowing that I was the one who created this stupid idea and I didn't want Ace to get into a fight, so I needed to fix it before it went too far. 

   Matt took off his jacket and wrapped it around me. I could instantly smell his cologne all around me. The jacket was warm and oddly, it made me feel safe. 

   Throughout the whole trip from the club to Matts' house, the silence took over. Both of us looked outside the window and lost in our thought. 

   "Hi Rose," I greeted Matt's mother with a warm smile when I entered the house. At least she's the only one who I felt I could communicate with, apart from my father. Of course I did chat with my dad a lot, but when it comes to girls talk, I would never discuss it with him. It was too weird, too awkward.

   After the short greeting, I headed straight up to the bedroom and slumped onto the huge single wooden antique chair and let out a deep breath. 

  Matt walked into the room, and fell onto the bed heavily with a soft thud. 

   "Don’t ever do that again," he broke the silence. 

   "What?" I was slow to catch up what he was referring to. 

   "Don’t get too close to Ace," he replied with one of his arm placed over his eyes. 

   "Why?"

   "Because you're mine," my heart skipped a beat when those words were sent to my ears. My cheeks heated up in seconds but I quickly snapped back, "No, I'm not!" There was no way I going to forget his insult in the morning and him making out with Vicky.

   Matt got up from the bed, and he stood right in front of me with both hands on my armchair supporting him, he bent down to my eye level. " "Yes, you are. You're my wife, and I don't allow other men to touch my wife." His face was hardened yet it was still handsome like- wait. Why was I thinking about that?

  I adverted my gaze to elsewhere, murmuring, "He didn't touch me ... Literally" I swallowed a lump in my throat and continued, "and even though I'm your wife, I still do whatever I like, you-" 

   Matt closed the gap between us and claimed my lips. My eyes almost popped out of their sockets and I wasn’t thinking at the moment; my heart was thumping at an insane rate. Slowly his hands travelled up to the back of my head. Suddenly my eyes closed and my whole body shivered. The kiss was gentle but captivating. He licked my bottom lips for entrance and me, completely oblivious of what just happened, I opened my mouth and let him in. I was lost in his kiss, as if the rest of the world disappeared and left the two of us this world.

   The kiss became intense, and urgent. Our tongues were teasing each other, then he moved down to my neck, sucking and nibbling it while his hands moved up and down at my back. Abruptly, I remembered this was not what supposed to happen. Why was I doing this? Did I actually enjoy his kiss? Without hesitation, I pushed him off forcefully.

   "What the hell was that for?" I exclaimed, rubbing my mouth with the back of my hand trying to get rid of that annoying good feelings that I had feel earlier.

   “That,” he pointed at the place where he sucked just now, “Is to claim you're mine.” A smirk was formed on his devilish face.

  Oh god, did he make a hickey on my neck? My finger went to touch the spot where he pointed. It was burning. He really did it. I felt that flame inside me growing rapidly. “What the hell is wrong with you? I thought you hated me?" I raged.

   “I never said that,” he pointed out.

   “No, you didn't say it out! But you did feel that way to me. Or you still do!”

   “I said I didn't hate you!”

   “Oh and why the hell were you making out with Vicky if you didn't hate me?”

   “I-” That shut him off. He ruffled his hair, finding words to say.  

   “See! Now you want me because I changed my damn look! And if I didn’t, you would never give a damn about me!” I argued once again and this time I looked up into his eyes, not backing off. “You hurt me too much.. I'm not going to jump into your arms just because you changed your bloody mind.”

   With that I brush past him and went into the bathroom. After closing the door, I faced the mirror and gasped in horror. The hickey was red-purplish. Did he have to suck that hard? The foundation wouldn’t help much at all. “Ahh!” I yelled softly in frustration. JERK!

***

  The next morning, I stretched out my arms, yawning. I felt the familiar warm and without turning, I knew I was in his arms again. Grr, how did I always end up in that position? It was going to become a habit to me. I face palmed myself dramatically.

   I sneaked out of his arms and get ready for the school. I picked out a vintage outfit I brought yesterday and tip toed down the stairs. I met Matt’s mother, then made up some lies telling her that I needed a car and went off first because I needed to meet up my friends. As kind as she was, she let me have one of the cars; a white Maserati Granturismo.

   I reached the school in fifteen minutes and parked my car, “Hey there,” I jumped a little and realized it was Ace.

  “Oh hey Ace.. Look, I’m really sorry for yesterday I-”

  “Relax Lexi! It wasn’t anyone’s fault. Don’t worry about it.” He shrugged.

  I pursed my lips, “I-”

  “Is that-” He cut me off again and this time, he pulled my long hair back. He squinted and had a good look at my neck, “A hickey?” His jaw twitched. 

A/N : 

So what do you think about this chapter? (: remember to comment ! <3 vote and fan too ;DD