Chapter 3

Both ladies looked at me with a satisfied smile on their faces, as if they were impressed with their artwork.

I looked down and felt really uncomfortable with a white spaghetti strap-dress on. I couldn't help but fidget.

I had never worn this type of dress before in my life! As I mentioned, I had been living with my father for fourteen years. I only wore dress up clothes for special occasions. The dress that I was wearing now made me feel exposed and insecure.

“Girl, honestly speaking, you look gorgeous. But can you stop fidgeting?" The lady with short wavy, chocolate brown hair said, clearly annoyed.

I stammered, “How can I not? All my life I’ve been wearing T-shirts and jeans then suddenly you force me to wear this type of dress. It makes me feel so naked and I feel so uncomfortable!” I shifted my position again and complained, “And why in the Hell am I wearing this?”

“Mind your language young lady!” The other woman scolded softly, who was slightly taller than the previous one.

She walked towards me, grabbed my shoulders and turned me around to face the full-length mirror. “Look at you girl! You look so stunning! You have an amazing figure! There are thousands of people out there dying to have what you have! Why would you want to cover it up with those big baggy T-shirts?” She frowned.

“Hey, it’s my body I can do whatever I want, okay?” I snapped at her. “And why am I wearing this?” I hated having to ask the same question twice.

“Sorry sweetheart, it’s an order from our head, we do not know anything about it. We just have to do what he tells us. Since you are going to meet our head soon; you will find out the reason eventually.” She said sheepishly.

“Who is-“I was cut off by the telephone ringing.

Ring.. Ring..

The lady with short wavy hair went to pick up the phone. After a short moment of silence, she replied “Yes Sir she is ready, we will bring her right now.” Then, abruptly she hung up the phone.

She ran to a small room and brought back five inch heels.

“No way,” I moaned and moved away from her before she said anything.

“You've got to,” She demanded.

“I can’t! I've never worn that sort of thing before in my life, and I’m not going to start now!” I cried desperately, hoping that I wouldn’t have to wear the evil looking pair of heels. Well, they weren’t evil at all; in fact they were beautiful and simple. They were ankle strap heels; but the heel was so long and thin! They looked so fragile and I was afraid it might break anytime, if I was not careful enough.

“Do you want us to take action again?” She asked with one of her eyebrows raised.

“No!” I partially yelled at her. I hated that! The pain at the back of my head wasn’t fading at all.

“Be a good girl and follow us then, it’s only a five minute walk. I’m sure you can handle it,” She smiled warmly.

I moaned again and surrendered, “Fine”.

*

She lied.

It was more than five minutes! I had hobbled along, tripping about ten times because of the god damn heels! I was suffering from foot pain and I was wobbling from side to side.

People said that high heels are supposed to make you look sexy, elegant and classy but they were wrong. They made me look like a total idiot and were torturing my feet! I complained thousands of time and even begged them to give me a break but the all I got was pulling and pulling and pulling. I wished I could faint right there instead of being dragged along, feeling like a prisoner.