Chapter 12

Merry Christmas everyone! Here's a mini surprise ! It's chapter 12.5 because I'm still writing the other half , hopefully it will be done before the new year . Still , I hope you guys enjoy this . It's my Christmas present for your guys hope you will like it <3

He said, "Do not harm my girl."

My heart literally stopped for a millisecond. I gulped nervously when I found Matt was holding the collar of the leader’s shirt. Oh well, the leader doesn’t look too cool anymore. His hand was trembling and his face had gone pale and showed nothing but fear.

Suddenly, the leader threw a punch out of nowhere and Matt, as if I predicted his move, blocked it swiftly. A smirk slowly appeared on his face. He let go of the leader and turned around to face me and whispered, "I shall not dirty your eyes." he closed my ears and made a signal.

I looked at him, confused. Before I have time to think what he was saying, his soft lips made contact with mine. My eyes widened in shock and my poor heart accelerated again. All I could see was his handsomely carved face and his perfectly shaped eyebrows closing in.

After a few seconds or maybe minutes, his soft lips left mine and he opened his eyes, grinning mischievously.

What was that all about?

"Let’s go," he dragged me as if nothing had happened. As Matt was dragging me to somewhere else, I turned my head and found out that five men laid on the floor and whined in pain and Matt's friends were smirking at them.

How the hell did that happened so fast?

Matt dragged me to his car and throughout the whole journey he looked outside the window and was deep in thought. I almost wanted to ask him what’s wrong. Almost. But then I remembered that he was a bipolar; one moment he is sweet and nice and the next moment he will become a total jerk. His mood swings like the changing of a channel.

"Lexi..We need to talk." Matt broke the silence. Every time we heard this sentence whether in real life or drama, it was never a good news.

"What?" I enquired.

"From today onwards, you need to learn how to defend yourself, in case something like that willhappen to you again." He replied nonchalantly.

"Are you saying that something like that is going to happen again?" He got to be kidding me, right? Why are all this things happening to me? I added, "Why? Why would someone wanted to kidnap me?"

Matt sighed, he looked uneasy. There was something he isn’t telling me. I remembered Ace mentioned I need to be careful yet he didn't tell me what I need to be careful of or who. For some reasons, I knew that it has to do with this. I waited patiently for Matt to answer.

"It’s not you who they want. They want to use you to hurt me."

"What did you do? Who the hell are you?" I questioned. I realized I only know him as James Walker’s son. Apart from that, what else do I know about Matt? Nothing.

"Are you some kind of mafia?" I joked.

"Actually, yes. My father’s companies are involved in some illegal activities. Long story."

"You got to be kidding me." I murmured, expecting him to burst into laughter and said I was being silly to believe his makeup story.

He didn't. His face was dead serious. I swallowed nervously and I could feel cold sweat at my back.

Great, my life was getting more and more 'interesting'. Peace was slowly fading away from my dictionary. Now, people want to hurt me to get Matt. When I thought life could never be worse than arranged marriage, something came up to surprise me.

"Why did you tell me this? I thought you hated me?" I replied raising an eyebrow. Actually, I'd rather let him to keep it secret so that I wouldn't know that my life was in danger 24/7. Sometimes it's better off not knowing anything.

He rolled his eyes, as if saying ‘wasn't it obvious?’ "Since you're now my wife, you have the right to know everything. I won't let anything bad happen to you."

‘My wife’ It sent shivers down my spine in a bad way. Until now, I wasn't used to hear him say those two words. It's so strange.

"Do I really have to learn material art? Can’t I just bring a gun with me?" Honestly, I hate exercising. Material arts involve stretching and jogging, and thinking of those gave me goose bumps on my arms already.

"And shoot randomly?"

"Of course not..." I scowled. 'I wasn't that bad ass like you' I thought.

"And do you know how to use a gun?"

"No...." I replied softly, looking down at the floor.

"Then?"

"You can teach me!"

"No! It's too dangerous. What if you’ll shoot someone innocent? You want to go to jail?"

'Yes! Jail is so much better than staying here facing you every day! ' Of course I didn't say that out loud. I was too lazy to argue with him again.

"Alright" I was defected. What more can I say now?

"Good, the lesson will start tomorrow. I will be the one to tutor you."

"What!? Why?" I exclaimed.

"Problem?"

"No." I swallowed my word back.

"Here's something that may come in handy." He threw something towards me.

"Pepper spray? Seriously?"

"What do you expect? You think you're 007?" He said sarcastically.

Jerk!

My phone beeped and I read the message.

"Meet me at 1 tomorrow. You owe me a date (;  

-Ace"

Shit. My ring was still with him.