Chapter 1

Copyrighted © 2011 Eileen Cy.

All Rights Reserved.  

“Truth or dare?” Christina, my so called “best friend'' asked me with an evil smirk spreading across her face.

I buried my face in my hands and groaned in annoyance. What in the world had I gotten myself into? I lost to her in some bet and now we ended up playing "truth or dare". This was ridiculous!

There was no way I could escape from her hands! She was like a leech; once she found a host, she would stick to it forever until she discovered an answer. So now, I had to decide: Truth or Dare. If I chose dare, she would ask me to do something to embarrass me, which I really hated. But If I chose truth she would probably ask me what was going on between Jake and me. No, no, no... This was so not going to happen.

“Dare.”I made my final decision.

“Well, well, well… How should I torture you then?” The smirk on her face grew bigger, and for a moment I really wanted to smack it away. I shot her a death glare. Inside I was praying with all my heart that she would show some mercy.

“Alright, I dare you to kiss Matt right now,” she said in monotone.

“What? No way!” I shrieked with horror. Oh God, thanks to Christina, half of the people in the cafeteria looked at me as if I was crazy. But that wasn’t the problem. There was no way I was going to do this ‘dare’. She wanted me to kiss Matt? He was the most popular guy in our entire school, not to mention a badass jerk. Other girls might have screamed, “Oh hell yeah!” but I was not the kind of girl who went around kissing boys because of their looks.

“Dear Christina, if I said you were the most beautiful girl in the universe, could the dare change, please?”I begged her, put on my ‘puppy eyes’ and pouted.

“Nah. That doesn’t work on me anymore.” She stuck out her tongue and made a funny face.

Fine! It was just a tiny mini little peck on his lips, right? That was easy. I slowly walked toward Matt, not forgetting to shoot my ‘best friend’ another glare.

Somehow I ended up in front of Matt. I knew that he was hot, but up close he was even better. His slightly wavy blonde hair seemed so smooth that it made me wonder what it would feel like under my fingers. His sky blue eyes were sparkling with curiosity. When I looked into them, it was almost as if it were only the two of us in the cafeteria.

Wait,  get back to reality, Lexi! What am I doing here again? Oh yeah, give him a peck and go away. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and leaned in to where his lips were. I felt his soft lips pressed against mine. Mmm.. so soft and sweet. Meanwhile, I heard lots of gasping around me.

5...4...3..

Suddenly, I felt a gigantic force push me away. I quickly grabbed the thing nearest to me to stabilize myself. It was a huge mistake. I hit the floor with a loud thud. Again, I felt a familiar feeling pressed on my lips.

I opened my eyes and only saw Matt’s handsome face staring back at me. Two kisses in one day. He probably thought I was a slut now.

He quickly stood up and used the back of his hand to wipe his lips roughly, like there was dirt on them. Then, he stormed out in the opposite direction. I was frozen. Why was he so angry? C'mon it was just a peck isn't it? Am I that bad? I scowled lightly while wondering what was wrong with him...

“You are in huge trouble now...” One of his friends chuckled before chasing Matt.

Christina ran toward me and apologized, "I am so, so, so sorry Lexi! Are you alright?”

“Yeah I'm fine,” I murmured.

“You, Lexi Clarke, just kissed Matt Walker!” She uttered in excitement.

“What’s the big deal?" I asked, still a bit dazed.

Did you know there was a rumor that Matt had never kissed a girl?” She threw her arm around me and grinned.

What?!" I yelled before I couldn't even control my mouth. Seriously? Matt Walker, the most incredibly handsome guy in our school had never kissed a girl before? It must be a joke.

“No way! It's just a rumor. It can't be true.”

“Well I don't know... But all I know is you kissed Matt! And take a look at this…” She showed me a picture on her phone of me kissing Matt.

“Why did you do that?” I roared right beside her ear.

“GODAMMIT LEXI! I’m going to be deaf soon!'' She complained as she rubbed her ear.

She then added on, ‘‘Don’t you think it’s such a cute picture, two people kissing?” She faked her pout.

“Cute my foot!” I snapped and quickly went to snatch her iPhone. Unfortunately, she reacted faster than I could imagine; she pulled away before I even had a chance to touch it.

“Ah ah no no,'' Her index finger swung in a ‘no’ sign and she had a smirk on her face.

If I had a scissors with me, I would have cut it off... Creepy, where on Earth did I get the idea from? It was probably because I watched too many action movies.

I gave Chris a menacing look and threatened,'' Don't you dare try to blackmail me ‘cause you know I can blackmail you right back.'' I smirked triumphantly at her shocked face before I threw my arm over her. We dragged ourselves to class.

“Why is he so angry?” Chris asked.

Stupid question. How was I supposed to know? Was my kissing that bad? I couldn’t help but wonder.

*

After a long day in ‘jail’ I was finally home, I slammed my car door shut and when I was about to go in, I saw two men wearing business attire waiting at the front door. Weird.

“Hi there do you need any help?” I went up and asked them politely.

“Yeah... We are looking for Lexi Clarke,” One of them said.

“I am Lexi Clarke.'' Who were they? What were they doing here? What do they want from me? Numerous questions started to bubble up in my mind.

My Dad came to open the door and at the same time they announced, ''Lexi Clarke… You are now engaged to Matt Walker.''

“WHAT!?”

“Huh?”