Chapter 14

Everything was wrong. My heart was hitting against my chest at an incredible speed, so fast that I felt that I had trouble breathing. My head was spinning around like they described in novels. It felt right yet so wrong. My head was so confused that I found I couldn't even think straight anymore. I wished that I was still single and carefree so I didn't have to worry about kissing someone but reality always destroys my fairytale imagination.

"Where have you been?" My heart literally jumped into my throat when the damn husky voice suddenly spoke out of nowhere, snapping me back to reality. I realized I was back in Matt's house, daydreaming about what happened in the afternoon again.

"Um h-hi Matt," I stammered nervously. Calm down Lexi! Why did it feel like I was being caught cheating?

Matt strode towards me closing our distance every second. Great, what did he want now? Unconsciously I stepped back whenever he took a step forward. Bullets of cold sweat rolled down my back. Chill, Lexi! Chill!

I bumped into the table with a loud thud while my gaze was fixed to his sky blue eyes. When Matt slowly leaned towards me I shut my eyes.

The next second I heard him chuckle softly. What happened? I opened my eyes instantly only to find him drinking a bottle of water which had been on the table behind me before.

That jerk!

I glared at him with my cheeks heating up furiously like a tomato.

"What? You thought I was going to kiss you?" Matt smirked and looked at me with one of his lazy stares.

"What? You wish!" I snapped, irked.

"Oh, really?" His smirk changed into a smile that could melt all the girl’s heart. Oh gosh and his damn dimples... Wait! Snap back Lexi! You shouldn't drool at him! You hated him so much since he insulted you for being fat and ugly!

I warned myself silently that I needed to have more control myself more instead of falling into his trap.

"Are we starting or are you going to keep on staring at me like that?"

After hearing those words I steadied myself and trotted towards him.

We stood in the middle of a room that had wall mirrors on all four sides. It was huge, and clean. I'd say the maid did a great job on cleaning.

"So if someone attacks you, what do you do?" Matt was switched to serious mood.

"Defend myself?"

"Wrong. You attack them back."

"What?" I widened my eyes in confusion. "I thought that's what people usually do? To defend themselves?"

Matt shook his head lightly and continued,“No, you hit them before they get a chance to lay their hands on you, you get it?" He shifted his position waiting for me to reply.

"No I don't get it. I mean I get what you were trying to say but how is that possible?"

"Hit me," he said as he took a step towards me.

"What?"

"Just hit me," he assured me in a firm tone.

"Anywhere?" I asked just to be sure.

"Yes."

I swung a punch at him, aiming for his chest.

Right before my punch landed on his chest I felt a hit on my stomach that caught me off guard. It wasn't a hard punch but it was enough to make me stumble backwards.

Matt wrapped his arm around my waist to prevent me from falling to the cold hard wooden floor. Blood rushed to my cheeks again when I realized how close we were. He had much sharper features compared to Ace. There was a tiny scar on his left eyebrow, but it didn't affect his attractiveness at all, in fact it made him more manly and gangster looking, an utterly sexy gangster. Matt was the complete opposite of Ace. While Ace had an angelic face, Matt was badass. And Why in the hell was I comparing both of them again?  

His blue eyes, almost mystifying, burned into mine. "Back on earth," his full lips whispered bringing me back to reality.

He pulled me back on my feet. "If you meet a situation like yesterday you need to learn how to play smart instead of getting beaten up. And personally I wish you'd never use that technique." He ran his hand though his soft and smooth hair as he let out a deep sigh.

I huffed out my irritation. "It's not like I want to get beaten up," I muttered under my breath.

His eyes turned into a glare but I swore there was a hint of sadness swirling inside them. Could I be wrong?

He ignored my question and kept on. "So let me ask you if you're caught in a situation, with no weapon or anything, what should you do?"

"I thought you taught me to fight back?" I tilted my head and looked at him questionably.

"No you only fight back if you’re being surrounded or can’t escape. So what if you're not?”

"Then what should I do?" I quirked my eyebrow at him.

"Run. That's what this training was for."

"Oh god... I hate running!" I groaned. "Please tell me you're joking! I thought you're teaching me how to 'punch' or what you said play smart?"

"Well that's a part of the training but 90 percent of it is jogging." He flashed me a fake smile, probably enjoying the idea of seeing me tortured. "And this machine," he patted the treadmills beside him, "is going to be your best friend."

"No!" I cried in horror.

***

The next day when I woke up my whole body was sore and my muscles ached like hell. I honestly had no intention of getting up from the bed. I touched the other side of the bed, which was cool, indicating that Matt had left a long time ago. I guess I could skip school, just for to-

"Lexi! Are you getting up or not?" Matt roared across the room.

Seriously? Did he place some hidden camera in his room? How the hell does he know I was awake?

"No! I'm still sleeping!" I yelled back until I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Shit. I forced myself to jump out from the warm cozy bed with all the energy left in my body thanks to the brothers who gave me 'sweet' training yesterday.

I ran inside the bathroom just in time when Matt opened the room door. He’d never gives me a break, would he?

After that mini heart attack back there, I quickly had washed up and tiptoed to the door.

"Lexi! Hurry up or I'll come up and kill you!"

Damn I know he's- what, in the mafia? A gangster? How could he be so cold hearted enough to kill a poor innocent girl like me? Provided that I was his legal wife! Did he forget that?

"Lexi!"

"I'M COMING!" I rushed down the stairs in less than 5 seconds. Wow, I think just did a world record.

Matt narrowed his eyes and nodded towards the door. "Get in the car."

Matt ignored me all the way to school, how typical.

The moment we reached the school, Chris threw herself towards me totally ignoring Matt and showed me a picture.

"Are you and Ace dating?"

My whole body froze instantly when I saw the photo. It was taken at the ice skating rink and the worst part was, it was a picture of Ace and me kissing.

Tell me what you think? Vomment? :D