Chapter 16

Matt POV

Seriously that was the most absurd request I had ever heard in my life, which lead me to the current situation, standing opposite to the shelves containing full of women pads. When I reached there, the only difference I could see was the colours of different packaging. Damn, which one should I get? No way was I going to ask an assistant about the women pad! It was embarrassing enough to go to that section in the first place.

"Do you need help?"

Oh lord, please find me a place to hide right now.

"No thanks" I responded vaguely as I put on a sweet smile.

"Oh okay," the assistant stammered, as heat invaded her rosy cheeks. She quickly turned went off in other direction.

I groaned in distress. I was glad that my lady-killer smile was still working but nonetheless I swore I was going to torture Lexi for putting me into this shit. 

For every thirty seconds I noticed people would give me some weird glance or giggling at me. I decided not going to stay here any longer, it would make me mentally crazy. The faster I get one the faster I could get rid of this hell hole. I randomly picked out one of them and hurried my way to the cashier.

The most embarrassing part has yet to come. When I reached the cashier, I place the pad on the counter trying to be as cool as cucumber. The old lady cashier raised her eyebrow at me, "is there anything else you want to get?"

I shook my head and looked at somewhere else, trying my best not to make any eye contact with her.

"Is this for your girlfriend?"

Man, why was she so talkative? Couldn't she see that I wasn't in the mood the chat with her? Why couldn't she simply put it in the bag, collect the money and let me go?

With a deep sigh, I nodded weakly.

"That's sweet," she smiled brightly as she collect the money.

"Thank you," I replied, trying my best not to roll my eyes at her.

The moment she handed me the bag, I flew off the convenient store before she could say anything.

Fortunately, the convenient store was quite close to the mansion. I reached the washroom in no time and knocked the door , "Lexi?"

There was no reply, and I started to get a little anxious, please don't tell me she fainted inside.

This time I knocked the door slightly harder and called again,"Lexi, are you there?"

"Ye-yes. Matt?" She opened the door slowly, her watery eyes stare innocently at me.

Had she been crying while I wasn't around?