Chapter 13

I stood on the ice with my legs shaking vigorously. Oh man, how would I even survive this hell?

"Relax, Lexi," Ace tried to calm me down for numerous times now but not only did it not help at all but also he made me more nervous than ever. The only reason I was doing all this was for the sake of the wedding ring.

My hands were like super glued on Ace's hands and I've already planned to stick with him like an octopus. Ace chuckled softly, "I didn't know you like me so much."

I rolled my eyes at him, "I'm protecting my life."

The moment he started moving slightly away from me with his both hands still holding mine, I started to panic, "Don't move!"

"How are we supposed to skate if you keep clinging to me like that?"

"I don't know. Maybe you can piggyback me?" I suggested and gave him a puppy look.

"Yeah, right," he responded sarcastically.

"Come on," he encouraged me with a cheerful voice.

"Why did every time when I'm with you, it's always something dangerous? The first time was climbing a tree and now skating..." I grumbled. I tried to distance myself away from him and immediately I felt my leg went jellylike, "Oh my god, oh my god. This is so slippery!"

"It's ice..." he replied lamely.

My eyebrows pulled together, "I know."

"Did you realize we are still at the same spot after 10 minutes?"

I tugged a corner of my lips and sucked in a deep breath and picked up my courage before trying to move. About three seconds after, I started to whine, "I can't do this!!"

"Aww, come on. You can even climb a tree."

I narrowed my eyes, "That's very encouraging, dude."

Ace held both of my hands and skated backwards skillfully.

I widened my eyes in awe when I was moving on the ice. "I'm moving!" I grinned giddily at him.

He laughed heartily at my words and moved on the different direction. It was so fun considering it was my first time to ice skate; maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought.

"Alright. Now I'm going to let go of your left hand," he let go of my hand before I could protest.

Unsurprisingly, I hit my butt on the ice with a thud, "Ow, ow, ow." I cried painfully.

"Wait!" He tired to stop me but it was a second too late as I used my hand to push myself up against the freezing ice and then my butt greeted the ice for the second time.

"Dumbass!" I muttered under my breath. I officially took back my words now. Ice skating sucks! Whoever said that ice-skating was easy is bullshitting me! I looked up at Ace with my watery eyes only to find him laughing his ass off.

Lovely, he was such a gentleman.

One hour later.

I slowly got used skating; I could skate at a rather slow pace but always bump into Ace since I didn't know how to brake. I had fallen so many times that I was sure I have gotten a lot of bruises around my knees. There were a few kids who flew past me in an incredible speed and smiled at me; somehow it seemed to me that inside they were mocking me.

"Lexi, you need to lean your upper body forward a bit!"

"No way, I don't want my face to contact with that bloody ice!" I moaned.

Ace narrowed his eyes and commented playfully, "The ice will like to kiss your pretty face gladly."

I slapped his arm hard and decided to ignore this jerk.

"Why not we play a game?"

Raising an eyebrow, I asked, "What? Game? Here?"

Ace's POV

I smiled like an idiot at the little girl in front of me. If I knew she was so scared of ice skating, I wouldn't have brought her here in the first place. But now looking at her face, it was covered with a terrified expression and worry which made me want to tease her a bit more.

The first time I saw her, she was sitting on the swing looking sadly at the teddy bear on her hand. It was such a beautiful scene, especially her wearing a gown which hugged so perfectly showing off all the curves at the right place. Then it hit me. She was the mystical girl everyone was talking about. She was Matt's girl. I heard rumors saying that it was a forced engagement, and it proved me that I was right when I saw her wedding ring was thrown opposite her and she was crying silently with tears streaming down her pretty face. It doesn't suit her at all. I was so disappointed in Matt letting his girl cry all alone in the garden. If he thinks that she was ugly, he must be blind.

In school, Lexi explained her situation and how she disliked Matt for being a prick. I agreed with her and a small part of me was glad to know that she was willing to share her feelings with me. Even though I hated the fact that she belongs to Matt, it didn't stop me from hanging out with her. She was innocent, cute and funny; something that you can no longer find in other girls nowadays. This made me unintentionally cherish her more than I ever did to other girls.

Whatever she did, she could always make me smile from the inside without even trying. Like now, her face was scrunched up and she jutted her lower lip out in a pout.

"What game?" She asked, snapping me back to reality.

"If you are able you chase me, I will do anything you request."

"Anything?" her eyes went sparkling with excitement.

"Yes."

"Games on!" I was quite surprised that she agreed, I mean, where did she get all that courage from?

"1,2,3..." she counted down and lunged towards me.

Luckily I was able to escape her deathly grip just in time. This girl didn't even give me the time to move. I mean, three seconds, really?

After a few minutes of chasing me, she began whining, "Come on, Ace. You're like Ace for everything. Can't you let me catch you for once?"

I snickered at her sort of compliment and made a sharp turn facing her, "All right. I'll stop moving, and as long as you able to come to me, you win" I winked at her.

She grinned and started to move her way to me like a newbie. Just when she was about to hold my hands, she lost her balance. I sprang forward without hesitation and caught her in my arms.My chest pounded furiously when she entered my embrace. She lifted her head and her mesmerizing eyes bore into mine. Slowly, not wanting to frighten her, I leaned forward and brushed my lips against hers.

Thank you so much for those who's still reading this TOD I love you guys <3 xx. Thank you for all your support !

ps. For all the Matt fans out there, dont kill me -hide under the pillow- Dont worry he will come out next chapter (;