Chapter 3:

MUSIC: I Know - Big Sean ft Jhene Aiko

Aaron above ^

/ / / /

Ryan's P.O.V:

/ / / /

The next day, I woke up around 11 am, hungry. I made my way downstairs and entered the kitchen. But before I could even set my eyes on the toaster there was a loud, high pitched, girly scream.

"Ryan! Go and put some trousers on!" Cindy, my 'step-mum' squealed.

"What's wrong? You worried you're going to fall in love with me instead of my Dad?" I asked mockingly. Cindy wasn't much older than I was. She was 25, my dad nearly 40.

"No. That's wrong on so many levels! Ugh!" She groaned. "What's that on your hand?" She asked me. She seemed to be in a good mood today. Not as whiny as she usually was. Sometimes, when both her and my dad were in a good mood, you could have a half-decent conversation with one of them. But most of the time it wasn't like that.

"What?" I trailed off and looked at my hand. I read the message and smirked. "Oh this? It's just a phone number." I said casually.

"From who?" She pried.

"Amelia." I answered absentmindedly, completely forgetting the fact that I was talking to Cindy. She rose one of her fake eyebrows."I met her in the park yesterday." 

"So your charms work that quickly eh?" She asked and smiled proudly at me.

"Yes, they do. But not in this circumstance. We're just friends." I state, not being able to look Cindy in the eye. Images of the night before flashed in my mind and I couldn't help the small smile that presented its self on my face.

"You were thinking about her, weren't you?"She asked, but she already knew the answer.

"What? No." I lied. 

"Look, I could see it in your face. You went from your normal miserable face to a smile. It's nice to see it still exists." She gave me a small smile.

"It doesn't come out very often. So be grateful." I muttered. 

"I am, don't you worry." She said and walked out, leaving me to finally make myself some breakfast. Whilst I waited for my toast I grabbed my phone and added Amelia's number.

That actually went okay for once...