Chapter 25:

MUSIC: Blame it on me - The Pretty Reckless

Amelia above^

/ / / /

AMELIA'S P.O.V:

/ / / /

It was quite funny really, how I couldn't count how many times I've been in a police car on my own two hands. Better yet, not even all 4 of my limbs.  But I guess that was just my life, trouble. Ryan nudges my foot and I look at him in confusion. He had a cigarette in his hands and I glare at it. 

"What do you want?" I asked and he glared at me for being loud. 

"A lighter." He mouthed and I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"I don't have one, sorry." Ryan scoffed.

"That's a lie." He muttered and I sighed. I put my hand in my bra and he watched me intently and pulled out a lighter. I passed it to him and glared. He rolled his window down and lit the death stick expertly before he breathed it in.

"Put that out. Now." PC MC Ovis said and turned to Ryan.

"Why should I?" He asked and dangled the stick from his fingers lightly. He was teasing him.

"Because I told you to. Now do it." Ovis said and I sighed.

"Just do it Ryan." I said and rested my head on my window. That was something I never knew about Ryan. I'd never seen him smoke before, and I'd known him a while. He growled out something under his breath and threw it out of the window but pocketed the lighter. Ovis glared at him and when Ryan didn't notice he sighed and turned back around.

"Why do you do it?" I asked without looking at him. I didn't agree with smoking. I'd tried it but regretted it straight away. That was something no one expected about me. If there was one thing you could practically guarantee about a bad boy or girl, it was that they smoked. But I didn't. I hated it with a passion. It reminded me of him.

"Why do you?" Ryan asked and I looked at him.

"I don't."

"Then why do you have a lighter?" He asked and I sighed.

"They come in handy sometimes."

"You're a liar." Ryan said and held eye contact with me.

"I don't smoke. That's the truth. Now answer me." I said strictly and he sighed again before he broke eye contact.

"I only do it when I'm stressed.It reminds me that there's something to rely on."

"And you can't rely on me?" I asked him and he looked at me sadly.

"You can't rely on anyone Amelia. No matter how close you are, or even how much you love them." He said quietly and I swallowed the lump in my throat. This had something to do with the way he was acting in the car after we left Aaron's house. There was something running around in his brain and I intended to find out what it was. He turned away from me and I did the same.

"When are we going to arrive at this shitty Police Station then? Or are you going to run your errands whilst you're here since you guys never do your job properly?" I asked smugly.

"Ever heard of the term, 'respect your elders'?" MC Morris asked.

"Yep."

"Then use it."

"And if I don't?" I asked. I held eye contact with him through the wing mirror.

"Community service."