Chapter 19

MUSIC: On My Mind - Ellie Goulding 

Tommy above^

/ / / /

Amelia's P.O.V:

 / / / /

When Ryan had left me to fend for myself I simply glared at the girl before I walked to reception to grab my timetable. I had no idea why Ryan felt the need to step in when I was perfectly able to do it myself and when we were in the middle of an argument. I grabbed my timetable and saw I had PE first thing. Great. After the receptionist pointed me in the right direction I headed on my way. Ryan was clouding my thoughts the whole time and it was bugging me. It was bugging me so much that when I found the changing rooms in the sports hall I didn't even notice the interested stares I was receiving. 

The room was small, cramped and smelt of girl sweat and B.O. I think girls changing rooms were worse than guys; at least with boys the smell of strong deodorant masked most of the sweat. I placed my bag down and grabbed my kit out but the stares didn't cease.  

"What?" I asked venomously to the group as a whole but they just stood there with blank looks on their faces. "Honestly, take a picture or something, it lasts longer." I spat the childish phrase at them. But when they actually took my request seriously and got their phones out I realised that I probably would make no new friends. I sighed and started to get changed. The kit was simply a long-sleeve tight top with the school logo on it and an option of your own joggers or shorts. I chose to wear black shorts and then stuck on my pair of not-so-white white trainers. I grabbed a hairband and stuck my hair up into a messy ponytail before I walked out into the hall where we were supposed to have PE.

When I entered a male teacher waved me over. He looked about 30 with short brown hair and stubble on his chin. Unfortunately he wasn't much to look at. He was stood next to two other female teachers. One was short with a small frame and long platinum blonde hair in a pony-tail. She was young (not looking much older than 24), pretty and looked as if she was a cheerleader or dancer when she was younger; whereas the other woman was tall. She had a larger frame with broader shoulders and hips and had short brown hair, she wasn't overly ugly but wasn't that pretty either. When I walked over I sighed. What had I done now?

"Miss Russell?" The male teacher asked and I gave him a charming, sarcastic smile in return.

"That's me; you can call me Jake junior the 3rd."

"Jake junior the 3rd?"" He asked in disbelief and I nodded with a serious expression on my face.

"Yep."

The female teachers were smiling at me and the blonde woman looked like she was trying not to laugh at my obvious lie.

"Right, well, Jake junior the 3rd, are all parts of your name spelt with a capital letter?" The male teacher asked and pretended to write my name down.

"No, only the Jake, Mr..."

"Mr Jutinie" He finished for me and I nodded. To be honest, the teachers seemed okay. They seemed laid back and were able to joke around with me. If a teacher is able to go along with my sarcasm then most of the time, we won't end up arguing.

"Okay, hunny, so what's your actual name?" The blonde woman asked with a smile.

"Amelia. Amelia Russell." I answered and gritted my teeth when a memory of Ryan telling me his name like that when we first met flashed through my mind. Screw you, Ryan.

"Well, Amelia Russel, welcome! We-"

"Wait did you say Russell as in Derek Russell?" A short girl with red hair interrupted the brunette woman.

"Yeah she did, he's my cousin." I answered and the girl gaped at me.

"But..B..I...I just...I'm sorry." The girl said.

"Why are you sorry-" I went to ask but she had already run off back to her group of friends.

"Ahh, Derek. Nice boy but not with much future! I wouldn't follow in his footsteps if I was you. You'll walk out of school barely being able to become a bin man!"The brunette teacher laughed as she spoke and I immediately glared at her. I walked close to her before I spoke.

"How dare you; you bit-"

"Okay calm down." I was cut of as someone placed their warm hands onto my shoulders. I turned to swing for them but they caught my hands. "Ay! Calm down! It's just me." Tommy exclaimed and I glared at him. I turned back to the brunette woman who was watching me wearily.

"Insult my fuc-"

"Amelia!" Tommy shouted over my curse and I glared at him again. Would he ever stop interrupting me?

"What?"I stressed.

"Language! What the hell is going on?" He asked as he looked between the brunette woman and me. Mr Jutinie and the blonde teacher were staring at the brunette woman in shock.

"It - insulted Derek! It said Derek will leave school with no qualifications not even being able to work as a bin man!" I exclaimed. She had made me so angry I couldn't even refer to her as a human. She was lucky to be referred to as a 'It'.a human being, granted how angry I was at this second. 

"And she had no right to say that and will be dealt with shortly. Now, Tommy, take Amelia to cool off before class officially starts. We wouldn't want you expelled on your first day now would we?" Mr Jutinie said and smiled at me. I nodded and allowed Tommy to take me else where.

Once I had cooled off - Tommy grabbed a soft piece of equipment from the store cupboard and allowed me to punch it - class had started. We were being taught by the blonde woman and Mr Jutinie, the brunette woman was no where to be seen, and we were told to partner up. Of course, Tommy found me and grabbed my arm before I could even look around.

"Aw, how sweet, you changed your class to be in mine." I cooed at him and he glared at me.

"No it's just coincidence we're in the same class, doofus."

"Okay, pretty boy." I taunted and he looked at me confused for a few seconds before his expression turned into anger.

"Hey! I'm not a pretty boy!" 

Let's just say he got detention for shouting out whilst the teacher was talking.

For the rest of the class we played dodge ball, Tommy and I were placed on the same team and we won.  Once I was changed again I found Tommy.

"Hey Tommy?"

"Yeah."

"I'm leaving."

"Where to?"

"I'm not sure but I know i'm ditching, you in?"

"Of course."

And so it was settled, we'd find the rest of the guys and go hang at someone's house. Perfect.