Chapter 35:

MUSIC: Do I wanna know? - The Arctic Monkeys

Picture that reminded me of Amelia above^

/ / / /

RYAN'S P.O.V

/ / / /

Amelia and I decided to go downstairs at the smell of bacon. I was in a good mood. I didn't feel stressed, or angry, or irritated, or upset or confused. I didn't even have it in me to be in a bad mood when I saw my Dad and Cindy. Why? Because Amelia was there to make me happy. I loved her, so much. I was wary of it before but when she tried to make me feel better without even knowing what was wrong I knew.

I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.

At first it scared me. Not only because I was worried she wouldn't feel the same way. But because I'd never been so dependent on someone before. I'd never been so attached. But it was worth it. I was willing to be scared to see her happy.

When she started to laugh, I was stunned. I was over the moon that I was the reason why she was laughing. She needed happiness in her life after everything she'd been through. I was just lucky enough to be the person to give it to her.

We entered the kitchen and were greeted by Cindy and my Dad.

"Morning." I said and sat down. Amelia followed my lead. Cindy and my Dad shared a look.

"Good morning. Is everything okay?" My Dad asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine Dad." I said. I didn't even realise what i'd said but he did. He stopped and he swallowed and he looked at me. He looked happy, happier then i'd seen him in a long time.

"What?" I asked.

"You..You just..." He muttered. Cindy looked at him then smiled at Amelia and I.

"Amelia! It's so nice to see you again! I feel like we haven't seen you in forever!" Cindy exclaimed. Her enthusiasm was annoying. Even if I was in a good mood, her enthusiasm over everything would always make me tick a little.

"Yes, you too. Thanks for letting me stay." Amelia said and smiled politely. I tried not to scoff.

"It's fine, no worries." My Dad said. It was unusual. He usually avoided any conversation he could. Both he and Cindy seemed suspicious. He was talking and cooking, and she was practically jumping on the spot.

"Ryan, we need to talk to you..." I glared at my Dad slightly. I had no idea what the talk would be about. I hadn't done anything bad recently. I slid my arm around Amelia's waist and she looked at me with shock but I ignored it.

"But Amelia can listen too if she would like." Cindy added as she noticed the protective hold I had on her. My Dad nodded and placed a glass of orange juice in front of both of us, as if we were kids.

Something fishy was going on.

"Now, this is pretty big. We did not plan or expect for this to happen and it's going to be a big change for all of us." My Dad started. I narrowed my eyes at them. My Dad grabbed Cindy's hand and squeezed it.

I didn't like where this was going.

Amelia took a sip of her drink as Cindy spoke.

"What we're saying is; We're pregnant!"

Let's just say the orange juice in Amelia's mouth was now all over the table, my Dad and Cindy's clothes. I din't have it in me to say anything.

She's pregnant was pregnant. Cindy was pregnant. With my Dad's baby. My future brother or sister.

What the fu*k.

"Oh my god, i'm so sorry I just.. Wow! Congratulations." Amelia rushed after she spat. Cindy nodded and wiped herself down a little. "Wait that means..." She trailed off and we both shivered. I took a gulp of juice so that I wouldn't have to talk.

"Oh come on guys! It's not like you two haven't already had se-"

The juice was now all over Cindy's face. I coughed.

"Sh*t sorry." I mumbled, eyes wide.

"It's okay. It's okay."Cindy said and her voice was higher pitched than usual which meant that she was internally freaking out.

"We, we haven't. We aren't even together." Amelia said, which explained my little...Spit.

"Yeah okay then." My Dad said sarcastically. He didn't believe her. A blush coated her cheeks slightly and I wanted to stop and stare at her but I couldn't.

"We truly haven-"

"Aren't you guys too old to have kids?" I asked. I knew I cut Amelia off but I couldn't stop the question from leaving my mouth. My Dad and Cindy's mouths opened in shock.

"No Ryan, we're not. Did you not take health class?" My Dad asked. It was the most i'd heard him talk in years. I couldn't deal with it. It was all too much.

My Dad seemed truly happy about something for once in his life, about a new child, yet he couldn't have been happy when it was Jade?

"I, I think I need to leave." I mumbled and grabbed Amelia's hand. I pulled us out of the kitchen and out of the front door.

I didn't even throw a congratulations.