Chapter 39:

MUSIC: Trouble - Halsey

Ryan above^

/ / / /

Ryan's P.O.V:

/ / / /

Two weeks.

14 days.

Who knew one argument would have caused so much damage? 

I missed her. That much was obvious.

What did I say that could have made her this upset? That could have made her hate me? 

I was worried.

That was obvious too.

Something was wrong. She always made contact within 3 days after an argument, either to try and make-up or to rub the fact that she was right in my face. But she hadn't. Not to mention the feeling in my stomach that was telling me that something bad was going to happen. Or already had. I hated the fact that I cared and I fought so hard against it. I tried so hard to hate her. To find imperfections in her that I didn't love. But, god. It was so hard. All I wanted was her to be here, smirking at me when she said something to prove me wrong. I wanted her here so I could touch her, kiss her, hold her hand. Prove to her that I loved her.

Because I definitely screwed it up last time.

"Dude! Put it down!" I looked over to Aaron blankly before I blew the smoke from my mouth into his face.

"Are you actually serious right now?" He asked me, his eyes were set into a glare at me. But I just carried on doing what I was doing whilst starring straight at him. I didn't believe in smoking, and I was sure being a hypocrite, but in that moment I did not give a single flying fu*k. I was stressed out worrying about Amelia. She hadn't picked up my calls or texts, not any of the guys or Cher's. Suddenly the cigarette was knocked out of my hand and Aaron put it out with his foot. When I glared at him the only look he gave me was one that was full of disappointment.

"You don't smoke Ryan. Don't be a stupid d*ck." He muttered and I rolled my eyes.

"Yet you guys cant make me stop. It's like you forget that." I smirked and got out the packet. Before I even looked down at it, it was knocked out of my hands, thrown onto the floor and Derek's foot was on it. Crushed the packet laid there in the grass, broken.

Is that how Amelia felt?

"Just because you're in a mood because of Amelia don't start being a d*ck to us about it, alright? We're your mates, we've been there for you for years. We have your back. So don't turn your back on us because of her." Derek muttered, his eyes glared at me like they never had before.

"I'm sorry, alright. I'm worried about her. I said some proper mean things to her. I... I scared her. Derek, I scared her. She backed away in fear because of me. Aaron, Derek...I did it again. I became...A. A monster. I really screwed it up this time. She, she was scared of me. I saw it in her eyes and I.. I just-"

"Ryan, calm down, alright. It's okay. You're telling me she hasn't gone physco on you yet? If not you're lucky. But dude, it's Amelia. Just talk to her about it, she'll understand. Explain the story." Derek said.

"I can't just explain the story, Derek. There's more to it than that."

"We get that. But when you get her to open up, or she doesn't want to forgive you, it's going to come out sooner or later. Alright." Derek muttered and I nodded.

"Oh, and Ryan. Your Nan knows about you smoking and wants you to pick her and that crazy chick up." Aaron threw in.

"What?" I asked, surprised.

"Oh, that crazy chick that thinks you're dating?" Derek asked me and I groaned.

"Yeah that's the one." Aaron said.

"Great, just what I need. Another bloody crazy." I grumbled and took the boys inside...