Chapter 37:

MUSIC: Lock me up - The Cab

Amelia above^

/ / / /

Amelia's P.O.V:

/ / / /

I laid in my room, on my bed for about half an hour, crying. I cried because he was back. I cried because I knew he had the capability to hurt my friends and family. I cried because that part of my life was back.

I cried because I finally realised that it had never truly left.

I cried because at that moment, I needed the one person that turned on me.

I wiped my eyes and opened my old, worn wardrobe doors. I moved all of the bags at the foot of it which were full of old clothes and things I never had the heart to throw away. Moving those bags revealed the one box I never thought i'd have to open again. I was going to throw it away on my birthday. But I guessed that wouldn't happen anymore. In fact, I wouldn't have been surprised if I ended up spending my birthday in a prison cell, for life.

I picked up the heavy box and placed it on the floor. My hands ran down my face as I stared at it. I didn't want to open it but I didn't really have another choice. Boy, if Ryan could have seen me in that moment. I took off the lid and threw it behind me. There was a layer of tissue paper and I took that off. Inside there were some clothes. I changed into them immediately. It was a pair of black leather, skinny legged trousers and a baggy black top. They weren't anything special but they made me look the part. 

Inside the box there was another layer of tissue paper, but this time it was a thicker layer. I ripped that from the box and took a sharp intake of breath when I saw the items that were on full display. It had been a long time since i'd touched them, or even thought about them. I took out the first thing. It was a black belt that wrapped around my hips and had loops on it that allowed you to carry things discreetly under baggy t-shirts. I made sure it was in place before I placed the pocket knife that was also in the box onto it. I stopped and gave myself a minute before I pulled out the last weapon. It was the most dangerous weapon i'd ever handled and it was illegal in this country.

A simple black pistol sat in layers of tissue paper. A simple black pistol and some bullets. A simple black pistol, some bullets and the ability to take someone's life sat in front of me. I swallowed down the lump in my throat. I shakily picked up the gun and its bullets. I loaded it and made sure the safety catch was on. If anyone saw me in that moment they'd think I was about to commit a murder.

That wasn't on my list of things to do though.

I placed the gun onto my belt and pulled my top down over it. I made sure you couldn't tell I had anything underneath before I started to remove the last layer of tissue in the box.It was a black leather jacket, one of the most expensive things i'd ever owned. It was fluffy on the inside and had a small zip that ran across the bottom of it, There were buttons then a zip to do it up. Once a 'pon a time the jacket was my staple item. I wore it day in, day out. But when I moved in with my Dad I couldn't bring myself to wear it anymore. It reminded me too much of what had happened. It reminded me too much of him. The monster that ruined my life. But he was back, in the flesh and the jacket barely held any reminders of what happened because he was all of them.

I collected the box's lid and placed it back in my wardrobe. I headed and re-did my make-up since it was smudged all over my face. I simply completed my usual look of dark eyes and red lips. I had grabbed my keys and phone when my door swung open.

"Oh, sorry! I forgot to knock!" Lilly said warily when she spotted me. I still hadn't spoken to her since I snapped at her in front of everyone a few weeks ago.