Chapter 31:

MUSIC: Everybody Talks - Neon Trees

Amelia above^

/ / / /

Amelia's P.O.V: 

/ / / /

I woke up the next day due to cramps. I decided I didn't want to go to school and I knew the guys wouldn't be either due to the fact that they all hung out the night before for some 'guy time' which was code for getting drunk. I called Jimmy, even though I knew that he'd be asleep, as was greeted by half-asleep, hungover teenage boys shouting at nothing and no-one in particular. I asked them to come over as soon as possible so that we could do something. At 8 o'clock in the morning.

*Insert sarcastically sweet and innocent smile here.*

They arrived just after I finished getting ready. I only knew because they decided to bundle me and squash me enough that I thought my insides may have turned to mush.

"Hello to you too." I grumbled once I got up from the floor. They all stared at me with mischievous glints in their eyes and I swallowed. There was a knock on my door but before I could tell Lilly to leave she barged in with my clean washing in her hands. Jimmy noticed her and immediately started to flirt in the most subtle way possible.

Note the obvious sarcasm.

"Hello there miss...?" Jimmy started.

"Mrs Russell."

"Mrs Russel, it's so nice to meet you, and I am insanely sorry for entering your house at such an ungodly hour."

"Oh. Uh. It's okay, and you're welcome to call me Lilly."

"Ah! Lilly! Such a beautiful name for a beautiful woman!" Jimmy exclaimed and we all rolled our eyes at him except for Lilly since she was blushing as red as a tomato.

"I wouldn't- I wouldn't say beautiful; I mean I was named after-"

"Lilly just shut up." I coldly glared at her, My intention was to burn holes through her.

"Amelia I-"

"No I don't want to hear it. Bye." I said with no emotion before I pushed her out of the door and slammed it after her whilst she simply looked at me with shock.

"Whoa. Now that was some attitude. You may say that you hate her but I hate Cindy and I'm even nicer than that to her. I mean that look in your eyes... You could kill a man." Ryan wolf whistled and I glared at him.

"Yeah starting with you." I threatened before I flopped onto my bed.

"But seriously, I know she's your step mum but damn. There's something more to it. Care to share?" Ryan asked me knowingly, and I thought it over for a while before sitting up and sighing.

"Fine but this stays between all of us and only us. If I hear that anyone else knows then I will personally kill you all with a spoon."

"That's a pretty great death to be fair. 'Death by spoon. The tale of 5 boys and a leaked backstory'. I can see it headlining all over the world already." Jimmy said, gesturing with his hands and we all looked to him in disbelief.

"More like 'Teenage Boy Goes Mental Thinking About Death By Spoon'." Aaron mumbled and everyone laughed but Jimmy.

"Whatever, just get on with the damn story."

"Well, as you guys know, I grew up in care and I was placed there because of how my parents were looking after me. We were broke, to put it simply. Really broke. So much so that I'd survive on a stolen packet of crisps and maybe a bottle of water then an apple from the school fruit box at school. Sometimes at the weekends I'd go without anything, and it drained me. I knew that what was going on at home wasn't right but I knew from TV programs and the news and things that kids got taken away from their parents because of things like what I was going through. I didn't want that and so whenever anyone asked what my life at home was like and why I was so skinny I'd just pass it off as "I do a lot of sports" and "oh yeah my life at homes great".