Chapter 21:

MUSIC: Yellow - Coldplay

Derek above^

/ / / /

AMELIA'S P.O.V:

/ / / /

"Ryan why do I need to-"

"Just call it now!" Ryan exclaimed. He was shaking slightly and I wanted nothing more than to give him a hug.

"Derek! Call an ambulance!" I called and he ran in.

"What? Why?"

"A..Abby..Sh..She..." Ryan stuttered out.

"I'm calling it now." Derek said and pulled his phone out.

"Okay Ryan. You need to calm down and tell us what happened to Aaron's mum so that we can tell the hospital." I said calmly and gave Izzie her bottle because she started to cry again.

"She... She's on the floor in the bathroom. Her head's bleeding, a lot. She has a pulse but won't wake up or respond." Ryan said and his voice wavered as he spoke. Derek listened and repeated it to the person on the phone.

"Where's Aaron?" I asked Ryan gently. I sat him on a chair in the kitchen and rubbed his shoulder slightly. I knew he was shaken up but didn't know how to handle it because of our argument.

"Up.Upstairs with her."Ryan said and I nodded. Jimmy and Tommy were now in the room and I turned to Tommy.

"Get Aaron down here and Derek up there." I said and he nodded. He grabbed Derek and lead him upstairs. Within a few minutes Aaron tumbled into the kitchen and I pulled out another chair and put him on it. I handed him Izzie knowing, from experience, that a sense of familiarity can calm you down. And from the looks of things Aaron looked like he was about to have a panic attack and so, needed all the comfort he could get.

I heard the ambulance pull up outside and I went and opened the door for them. I headed back into the kitchen to see Ryan trying to calm Aaron whilst he held Izzie close to him.

"Aaron they're going to take her to the hospital in a few minutes do you want to go in the ambulance with her?" I asked him and he nodded. He handed Izzie to Ryan who took her with a shocked expression on his face. I wanted to take a picture because it was such a priceless moment, but it wasn't the time.  The ambulance men walked in and Jimmy left to explain the situation in detail. 

"What about Izzie?" Aaron asked and stood up.

"We'll look after her and get to the hospital as soon as possible, okay?" I said and ran my hand down his face and onto his shoulder. He nodded.

"Thank you."

"It's fine. Now go." I said and he nodded and went to leave the room.

"Oh, and don't let her go to sleep without her blanket otherwise she'll wake up grumpy. And don't give her anything with orange in it because she comes up in a rash." Aaron said and I nodded as left properly. He followed the stretcher out and the rest of the guys came down the stairs after. When the ambulance was gone I sighed and looked at Izzie who was grabbing Ryan's hair. He was smiling at he and trying to get her to let go and I swear I felt my heart skip a beat.

"I guess we best get ready to go." Derek sighed as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Yeah. Let me just get some stuff. You okay with her Ryan?" I asked and his head snapped to my direction. 

"Yeah. Of course." He said breathlessly and I nodded. It hurt that we had to speak this way, strained and over thought. But there was nothing I could do about it at that moment. I ran upstairs and grabbed a random bag I found in Izzie's room. I filled it with some nappies, a bib,her blanket, spare clothes and a few toys I found laying in her cot. I grabbed her fluffy coat and pink trainers and went back downstairs. I came down to find her in Derek's arms and I put her coat and shoes on her. I went to the counter to make up some bottle but found two already made up ones, a dummy and a packet of quavers. I threw them into the bag and turned around.