Draven x Sona

Another day on the rift, the sun was out, birds tweeting at the rising sun, it was a perfect morning, and Sona smiled softly as their team assembled for the first match of the day. Draven entered the field, proudly shouting his name with a long drawl, and all their smiles faded except for Sona's who greeted him with a chirpy note. Draven twirled his axes and stretched preparing for the long day ahead of him, and he was ready for a day's hard work.

Sona had nothing against the loud and arrogant man, but if she could pick anyone, it would be Ashe. She was always calm and collected, and very appreciative of strategic planning versus jumping in guns blazing. However, she grew accustomed to the obnoxious and overwhelming man who more often than not referred to himself in the third person. Aside from his exasperating personality, he was an amiable partner when the occasion called for it. His efforts were commendable, but of course, telling him that would only raise his ego further.

Draven wasn't about teamwork, the thought rarely crossed his mind, the stage was his, the lights were on him, and the crowd cheered for him and him alone. However, he couldn't deny his fondness for the mute. She was kind, her music always seemed to fit the mood, and most of all she always agreed with him. Sona was like Leona in a way, bright personality but with very little nagging, and he could appreciate that. Sona didn't tell others what they should or shouldn't be, she just accepted them as they came, and rather than trying to change others, she just adapted to fit them. So when it came to Sona, sometimes, it was a stage meant for two, but his pride would never allow him to say such words.

If Sona could be described in one word, it would be a rose. Delicate and beautiful, but thorns not afraid to prick others. She was very expressive through her music, and Draven found himself stunned when Sona showed her ruthless side. Inside her was a warrior, one that would take the fields of battle by storm, a tempest who wielded emotions as a weapon, and damn if he hadn't already fallen for her. However, a man's pride often came in the way of his feelings. Sona fell into step with Draven as they headed out onto the rift, the latter sharing tales of his exploits in recent months as he had gotten back to the institution only a week prior.

He found it odd how easily comprehensive her notes were at times, but then again he had made an effort to understand her lyrical musings. Spotting the enemy in the distance, Draven smirked and raised his axe. "Let's go!" Draven was not the most subtle man in the world, so Braum saw them coming without too much trouble. Before he could raise his shield, however, Sona stunned him, and Draven went after Miss Fortune, uncaring for the big burly man who found himself incapacitated. Within seconds Miss Fortune was out of the picture, and next was Braum.

Draven walked back to his support with a cocky grin as he spun his axes, tipping his head to thank her for her quick thinking. She clapped her hands together, applauding his hard work, and Draven's smile only grew. "Shall we head back?" He asked casually inspecting his axes, but as he looked up, Sona rammed into him, sending him tumbling back on his ass. Rek'Sai came in full force, her tail colliding into Sona's side as she was sent flying into a nearby wall. His eyes darted to his injured support, but Sona quickly got to her knees, firing out a harsh note that sent Rek'Sai recoiling back into her tunnel.

"Sona!" Draven screamed, grabbing his axes as time seemed to slow. Rek'Sai jumped from her tunnel, and Draven was too slow, even as he sent his axes whirling in the voidling's direction. Sona, however, was more agile than most gave her credit for, and although Rek'Sai's claws dug into her arm, she rolled out of the way and fired another note at the voidling. She was relentless, and her fierceness was admired, but Sona was no match for Rek'Sai, and as the Maven was sent tumbling into the river, Draven finally lost it, hauling his axe into Rek'Sai's thick skin.

With a deafening screech, the voidling disappeared into the ground and escaped not too far off. It felt odd for Draven to let his target escape, but his priority was Sona. She sat up, droplets of water dripping back into the river, and she smiled softly, playing a soothing tone as she healed their wounds, but Draven's eyes remained fixated on the gash marks on her shoulder. Even now, that smile of hers was tender and appreciative, and Draven sighed kneeling as he offered his hand.