Caitlyn x Vi

"What did you say this was again?"

"Rum cake," Caitlyn hummed, taking another bite.

"This kicks!" Vi mumbled in between large bites, her mouth already full. The sheriff was thrilled that her partner enjoyed her hearty baking, but Jayce shared a different opinion.

"At least swallow first." Vi did as told and grinned at the pretty boy sitting elegantly at his desk.

"This! This is way better than donuts," she exclaimed, grabbing another piece from the baking pan. The banter continued, and Cait basked in the warmth of her colleagues. Life had been oddly peaceful after managing to get Jinx under control. As deadly as the girl could be, she was equally as friendly, if you were on her good side.

It turns out all the loose cannon needed was a focus. Somewhere for Jinx to dish out all her energy and violent tendencies. They gave her a purpose, and she was quite good at catching criminals, overall, it had been a resounding success. Piltover was quieter than it had ever been, and with that came all the free time in the world. 

It was hard to adapt.

Caitlyn couldn't shake her early morning routines of guzzling coffee and pouring her all into work. For a while, it had only been her and Vi that kept the place running. It felt like it was them against the world, and it was a great feeling. It led to their blossoming friendship, and sometimes...more.

"You're so quiet, what's wrong?" Ezreal questioned, nudging Caitlyn's side.

"I was just thinking about paperwork, nothing much."

"Well, get that mind elsewhere. Look! It's snowing again."

"Again?" Cait grumbled. "By the end of the week, we'll be knee-deep in snow."

"You say that like it's a bad thing." Much to her dismay, Ezreal managed to drag them outside and into the layers of endless snow plaguing Piltover. It felt like years had passed since the downfall of snow had last graced Piltover. Caitlyn was never one to enjoy the outdoors, there was always a goal in mind, a criminal to catch or some idiot to restrain. The fun never seemed to stop in Piltover, especially when Zaun resided underneath.

It felt good to step outside and be able to take a breath of fresh air without—a snowball collided against Caitlyn's face, and she frowned, wiping the snow and water from eyes. A giggle escaped the blue-haired girl standing across the field of snow, another snowball in hand. "One more evildoer down! Let's go Fishbones. The next one is on you!"

Jinx's enthusiasm seemed to have riled everyone up as they joined in on the fun, snowballs barreling across the snow-covered field. "Are you not going to join?" Ezreal asked.

"It would be unbecoming of the sheriff to indulge in such childish activities," she chastised. Vi smirked, knowing all too well that the pink blush on her cheeks was evident of her inner struggle against her pride. She was too afraid to let loose or to be seen having fun. It would break her well-cultivated image.

"Who gives a damn," Vi winked, tossing her a snowball. "It's just us." Caitlyn glanced over to Jayce, who seemed to be giving it his all against Jinx, and she felt her resistance falter. If Jayce could let loose, perhaps it wouldn't be too bad if she did so as well.

"Have fun, we're not on duty," Jayce smiled, throwing his snowball at Cait. The sheriff stared at her snowball and reciprocated his smile, hurling it at Vi, who was too busy grinning to block the hit. All it took was a few more snowballs to get the sheriff going, and the rest of her colleagues laughed as they sought cover. Turns out her skills extended to far more than a rifle. Her aim was spot on, and none could escape her snow-covered wrath.