Wukong x Ahri

"Ugh, men.." Ahri groaned kicking the alley wall. She couldn't take it anymore, the more she didn't take human souls the more the fox suffered but, the more she did, the more she felt disgusted with herself. It was a paradox, and now she found herself at a dead-end, literally. She knew she wasn't taking the souls of innocent men, but that did not change all the memories and pain that were embedded in those souls, and now into her's.

"Hey there honey, I'll show you a fine time if you come along." Ahri's face turned in the direction of the man with a deadly glare. Her hues turned a crimson pink as she approached the frightened male, and putting a finger to his chest she slowly dragged it upwards until she reached his chin. She whispered breathless words to the human, her eyes boring into his soul, slowly sucking it out of him. By the end of it, the male dropped to the floor along with Ahri. He was still alive, but Ahri covered her mouth in a desperate attempt not to throw up. She couldn't stop herself either, she hated souls, but somehow they were irresistible despite the state of turmoil they left her in.

The nine-tailed fox got to her feet gripping her hair in frustration; she wanted to escape all these memories and live in serenity. Ahri detested humans, yet envied them just as much, and she wanted to become one of themif only to escape her curse. No matter how many souls she took, she never felt complete and regret slowly washed over her. She didn't even bother to hide her tails as she dashed out of the alley and headed straight out of the village. She ran until she could no more, she wanted to escape reality, but the world was a cruel place, and all she could do was starve herself in solitude. Ahri stopped in the middle of a clearing to catch her breath when a voice interrupted her.

"What is it you seek, little lost one?" Ahri peered over her shoulder at the golden swordsman, his seven eyes immediately catching her attention. She did not know who the man was, but she did not want to find out either. She glanced at the small clothed area of the grass. She had stumbled upon the man having supper, yet had not felt his presence, that was odd. Ahri remained silent, unsure what course of action she should take, but as the golden swordsman drew closer, she leaped away from him, her tails swaying in discontent.

"Stay away from me," she hissed.

"And why may that be?" The swordsman asked, his aura was alarmingly calm, and Ahri took a deep breath.

"Because...I-I'll kill you!" And despite her ferocity, he could only interpret her words with a hint of guilt. He scouted her form from head to toe, his eyes lingering on her tails. Ahri cursed herself for saying something so pathetic, but it was true, she couldn't always control herself, and before she knew it, there was always a corpse at her feet. She heard the man chuckle, however, and she lowered her arms to her side, her anger subsiding, replaced by a frown.

"My name is Yi, and you?"

"Ahri..." she answered warily. Yi took a seat on his picnic blanket and poured himself a cup of tea, glancing towards the fox, he poured a second cup. Ahri obliged and took a seat across from the man, eyeing the cup of tea resting idly at her knees, the liquid simmering under the gentle breeze.

"What is one meant to be, is that not the eternal question?" Ahri opened her mouth to speak, but realizing it was a rhetorical question, she snapped her mouth shut and waited, Yi seemed like a knowledgeable and wise man, and she would not take him for granted. "I happen to know someone quite similar to you, except you are...particular. What you seek and desire, is not something you can easily attain, unlike those of your kin." Ahri's lips curled into a displeased grimace knowing this to be true. She was not like most vastayans, she was special, in the eyes of others, but to her, it was a curse.

However, the fox's ears perked up at the mention of a vastayan like her. She was nearing a point of desperation and thought no harm could come of a serene presence such as Yi. She could feel the power residing in his soul, a vast tundra of power waiting to be unleashed, but it never was, he was a man of words, not of action, unless necessary. "What do you mean by similar?"