Veigar x Lulu

Despite his in-depth knowledge of the dark arts, the self-proclaimed Master of Evil, was no more evil than a petty thief, after all, even professionals had standards. He was bullied often by his peers, and the whole of Bandle City, many often underestimated him. Magic was not a topic often discussed in the home of the yordles. They were prone to engineering and linear mindsets that were brilliant, but nothing near the level of a savant. Veigar could admire the efforts of his peers, Tristana and Rumble alike had revolutionized the way of the yordles. Still, Veigar was not one to fiddle with gadgets or attempt his hand at machinery.

His head always found itself buried in tomes and ancient parchments where the deepest darkest secrets resided. Though he disliked many of his peers for their treatment of him, their condescending looks and verbal sparring, he appreciated the purple obsessed sorceress who stuck by him no matter the situation. She too was prone to magic, and more than once had she pranked him or left him with a pleasant surprise. Her enchantments were a delight, and although he did not wish to attain her prowess in her mystical arts, he could respect how versatile her charms were.

Veigar was very fond of her, to begin with, she was a yordle he could rely on, her shared knowledge and delectable baking, not to mention when she was bored, kept him company, but most of all, she was a friend, someone he could rely upon without feeling judged. He was comfortable telling her of his soon to be exploits, what he was studying, and working on. He trusted her more than he trusted himself at times. She was honest and good of heart, her intentions always pure, and selfless, she was his opposite, as much as she would deny it. 

Like most, though, she laughed at the idea of him calling himself the Master of Evil, it was not out of bad intent, she believed that he was too good a person to be genuinely evil. He could have easily cursed any yordle who even dared to look in his direction, but he never did, he was patient and always remained calm, despite his boyish outbursts. Lulu was the one who usually lost her temperament. She once turned a girl into a critter for calling him a freak, it was a bit of an overreaction on her part, yet he couldn't help but look on that memory with endearment, and soon enough, his fondness for the little sorceress became too much to bear. 

So here he stood before the door of her mushroom hut, the purple cap looming menacingly above him as he contemplated what he would say. He held his sorry ass attempt at a cupcake carefully in his hands; the pastry wrapped neatly with a purple ribbon sealing the silky cloth. The sorcerer, paced back and forth before her door, mumbling to himself. 

"Oh, hi Lulu, lovely evening, I was just coming by to drop these off for you, the bakery made one...so you know-" He shook his head, what was the point of baking the pastry if he was just going to bring the bakery into this? His hands became sweaty, and he cursed under his breath, his heart beating rapidly as he stared at the door, unsure whether to knock or not. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door, and as he realized what he had done, he began to panic. 

The door finally opened. However, Lulu did not greet him, but rather Pix, and the fairy seemed in distress, she flew down to the yordle's hand, and took hold of his finger, urging him to follow. Veigar found the fairy's actions odd and wandered into the living room, and upon seeing Lulu collapsed on the floor, he rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Lulu, we've been through this, you try to prank me, I pretend I don't know, you fail miserably, and then I laugh at you, you giggle, and try to hide your embarrassment, and then offer me a cupcake, so let's skip to the cupcake part today." 

Silence. 

Veigar did not receive an acknowledgment, and he found that rather odd. However, perhaps she had perfected her art of trickery and finally managed to veil her giggling exterior, but something felt wrong. Her body language was all wrong, her usual tense nature that stemmed from excitement was gone, she was relaxed, much too relaxed for a silly little girl planning a prank. Then he glanced at Pix, the fairy looking pale and ghastly. Without thinking, Veigar dropped the cupcake he had been holding, the pastry falling with a dull thud, the ribbon set aside, and the cloth coming undone with cupcake crumbles scattered on the wooden planks.