Lux x Ezreal

It had only been a day since the Lady of Luminosity had returned from her trip abroad. Her bubbly personality made her a likable candidate for diplomatic runs, but most did not expect the young Demacian to have such a sharp mind. Lux was a dear friend of the crown, and while many underestimated the young lady, the prince knew far better than anyone of her military potential.

The Crownguards were a must to the crown's stability, their influence in the council, diplomatic status, military prowess, and a good relationship with the crown prince of Demacia only boosted their standing. Little knew of her magical capability, except for the prince himself, her brother, and the Piltovan explorer who had wormed his way into her heart. No one questioned the crown, most knew better than to do so, but nobles and politicians alike couldn't help but notice her truancy, her absence stretching the extent of her diplomatic travels.

Jarvan would never admit publicly that he sent the young woman on deadly and covert operations across enemy lines, but she was willing and capable. Luxanna was an invaluable part of their counter-intelligence unit, which shaped the tides of the war in their favor. However, the crown prince also feared that discovery day lay not too far off. How would the public react? He couldn't bring himself to think too deeply on the matter; it always seemed to sour his mood.

That being said, Luxanna was a noble, and despite her exhaustion, she could not evade the royal gala held in honor of funding the crown for its continued warfare against Noxus. War was usually looked down upon, but even the most foolish of men knew that if Demacia faltered, and Noxus seized the advantage, their empire would inevitably suffer an irrecoverable blow. Many had seen first hand the devastation the armies of Noxus wrought on the land. Ionia being their most recent conquest.

Lux was out cold, sleeping soundly in her chambers from a week of hard work, she had barely managed to freshen up before collapsing in a world of endless dreams. Garen felt terrible for disturbing his little sister, he knew all too well the relief that washed over after coming home, merely wanting to bask in the safety and comfort of one's own bed, but they had one more battle to win tonight. He was about to chicken out in all honesty, but Fiora wouldn't have it.

She barged into the young lady's room, opening the curtains to let the light of the moon shine through. Luxanna was awake, sitting up to meet her brother's apologetic gaze. "No sleep for the wicked," Fiora mused, her elegance unrivaled even as she browsed through Lux's closet for a dress worthy of the Crownguard name. The Lady of Luminosity groaned and dropped back against the pillow staring at the ceiling with furrowed brows.

Garen was ushered out as maids came bustling in, helping the young lady to her feet; they worked quickly and efficiently. Fiora seemed to have forgotten that they did not share the same taste, and with a glittering light blue dress, Lux descended the stairs, overlooking the gala, oh how she dreaded these events. Jarvan was the second person to offer her an apologetic smile as he took the lead, descending the steps with Garen trailing behind him, offering his arm to his younger sister.

She obliged, and the golden trio descended to the gala, all eyes on them, mostly on Jarvan, as the crown prince took to the spotlight and began his speech thanking the nobles for their continued support. "Smile," Garen scolded, and Lux forced a gentle smile on her lips, the siblings splitting up as they hit the floor of the gala. Garen was as wary as always, eyes scanning the crowd for possible threats, all while keeping Jarvan in his line of sight, but Lux had different priorities, she went straight for the banquet table and grabbed a plate, filling it modestly with food for appearances. If she couldn't sleep, she would eat.

Her muscles were sore, and holding her plate up proved more difficult than anticipated, she cursed the gala under her breath, throwing a small temper within the narrow confines of her mind. A part of her contemplated crawling under the banquet table and hiding until only the servants remained, but she knew she couldn't do that. Nobles and wealthy merchants alike watched her, some trying to muster up the nerves to ask her for a dance. Garen didn't have that issue. He didn't show any interest in most women.