Darius x Lux

"Garen!" Yelled Lux, retreating to his side, her prismatic barrier surrounding him, the dozen arrows heading his way crashing against the wall of light disintegrating mid-flight. She reached her brother, resting a hand on his shoulder, prying off his palm to inspect his wound, undeniable worry in her blue hues.

"It's just a flesh wound," her brother grunted. Lux frowned but knew that despite his pride, his body would not deny the damage he had suffered. Luxanna slumped slightly, gazing at the surrounding area, another diplomatic conflict between Demacia and Noxus. She sighed. And the tides of battle did not look upon them favorably. Hearing a chuckle behind her, Lux looked to see none other than Darius the Hand of Noxus. She scowled, hugging Garen, keeping her treasured sibling close at her side.

With raging determination, Lux drew her staff throwing various spells to keep the man at bay as she shook her brother. She wouldn't call herself weak by any means, but her brother was quite literally a wall, and there was no way she would be carrying him without breaking her back. Darius sidestepped her spells, chuckling at the sorcerer's feeble attempt. "Wake up, Garen," she hissed slapping his cheek hard. Opening his eyes faintly, Garen gripped his sister's hand, squeezing it reassuringly, but Lux knew better, miracles did not happen, and today would be no different.

Darius raised his axe, inhaling the scent of victory before him, bloodshed he would relish in for decades to come, he could already hear his name off the lips of the empire. Glory. With the last of his strength, Garen parried the blow, shoving his sister away, collapsing to his knees. If dying was all that was left, he would die protecting her at the very least. Lux was small and could outrun a fully geared man, but he forgot to factor in her stubbornness as she held onto his arm, refusing to let go. "Idiot," Garen whispered. Blood loss and fatigue finally getting the best of him as he collapsed. Lux's mind froze momentarily; she was smart, and she could figure a way out of this, she always did. It wasn't merely because of her brother, she could not let the Might of Demacia fall, he was the people's hope, and along with him, would Demacia fall.

Darius grinned, finally seeing his chance to finish his greatest rival, it felt anti-climatic, he always pictured his opponent dying after a duel to the death, but a victory was a victory nonetheless, honor aside. Gripping his battle axe with both hands, he shrugged at the little sorcerer and swung. Without thinking Lux covered her brother's body with her own, and just as his axe was about to land, he stopped, a mere inch away from the girl's neck. The proud Crownguard glared at Darius, who looked indifferent about the situation, but his actions proved contradictory. Seeing as they were surrounded, Lux used the remainder of her magic teleporting her brother away in a flash of blinding light.

She could only take him so far, but it was unlikely Noxian soldiers would find him. She had memorized the battlefield, every nook, and cranny of it, and having her brother out of harm's way, she was relieved. She did not seem too concerned about what would happen to her. "Luxanna Crownguard, the Lady of Luminosity. Capture her," Darius grumbled, pinching the crook of his nose as he walked away. He glanced down to his axe, and tightened his grip, why had he hesitated? In one fell swoop, he could have killed the siblings, but he had shown mercy...mercy? Darius did not do mercy. Lux did not resist, and she let the Noxian men take her away.

Once the troops finally made their way back to their encampment, Darius was to supervise over the Crownguard, not trusting his men to handle the little girl. She was stripped of all possible weapon(s) and armor leaving her in her navy skin-tight bodysuit. She felt naked without the protection of her armor, and her weapon was also gone, she was unable to channel magic without her staff. Sitting in the back of her cell, she peered through the bars, past the crack in the opening of the tent, dim lights reflecting in her hues, it was getting dark. The opening to the tent opened, a blinding light forcing her eyes to narrow. Darius walked in and looked at the curled up ball of blonde hair in the corner of the cell. He threw her a piece of bread, and out of reflex, Lux caught it, inspecting the food.